Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This is getting annoying… again.

Can we keep the complaining about Beyond corp to the Beyond thread? SpiderFan, I think we get it. C’mon dude, sometimes it seems like you just want to be the loudest voice in the room, but you keep repeating the same complaints about the storyline (that hasn’t had more than an FCBD preview story yet) than anything substantive about the character himself. You say you’re a Ben fan… and I’m certainly not trying to gate-keep Ben fandom… but I don’t get that from your posts. I’m hoping you can rein it in a bit, and see why some others are starting to get a bit annoyed. I’m sure you have valuable posts to contribute in this thread and look forward to them, but maybe less is more, you know what I’m saying?
    Dude my post has 7-8 points with multiple lines each.You keep focusing on one line, ignoring literally everything else.
    We have promo's and solicits as well(which reveal a whole lot in this case), I'm not discussing those here.Just the FCBD.

Again, it's his storyline, I answered the questions you asked and weighed in of what I gathered, all of it pertaining to Ben(his behavior, his location, his costume, etc.).

This FCBD doesn't do much for what Beyond is gonna be, it's mostly Ben.That's why I posted it here, and replied to the question.

"Not trying to gate-keep" sounds like something someone who is trying to gatekeep says, not saying you are but that's what I get from your post.And I'm not a Ben fan to the extent I am of Spider-man, DD , etc. hence I asked questions about his behavior in regards to crime-fighting.

Previously I went too far and apologized for it, now you're just reaching.I mean I would get it if it was even one whole post, but one line in a big post is being way too sensitive.

You guys are ignoring everything I said in the post for 1-2 lines.I mean everything else in it would be considered "valuable" since most haven't even read the FCBD but you ignore it for 2 lines that offend you.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-16-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Dude my post has 7-8 points with multiple lines each.You keep focusing on one line, ignoring literally everything else.
    We have promo's and solicits as well(which reveal a whole lot in this case), I'm not discussing those here.Just the FCBD.
    You’re getting me mixed up with someone else that you were talking to. I haven’t focused on anything. This is the first time I’ve replied to you in a while.

Again, it's his storyline, I answered the questions you asked and weighed in of what I gathered, all of it pertaining to Ben(his behavior, his location, his costume, etc.).

"Not trying to gate-keep" sounds like something someone who is trying to gatekeep says, not saying you are but that's what I get from your post.And I'm not a Ben fan to the extent I am of Spider-man, DD , etc. hence I asked questions about his behavior in regards to crime-fighting.

Previously I went too far and apologized for it, now you're just reaching.I mean I would get it if it was even one whole post, but one line in a big post is being way too sensitive.
    You guys are ignoring everything I said in the post for 1-2 lines.I mean everything else in it would be considered "valuable" since most haven't even read the FCBD but you ignore it for 2 lines that offend you.
    Whatever. You do you. This is exhausting. And again, you’re mixing me up with someone else. Instead of replying defensively, you should try to understand why multiple people in this thread are starting to get irritated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You’re getting me mixed up with someone else that you were talking to. I haven’t focused on anything. This is the first time I’ve replied to you in a while.

Whatever. You do you. This is exhausting. And again, you’re mixing me up with someone else. Instead of replying defensively, you should try to understand why multiple people in this thread are starting to get irritated.
    I do mention guys(plural) in the end.But you are also just focusing on one point in my post, instead of the entire post instead.

No, I've quoted you and addressed why you saying my post is not suitable here isn't true.
    And I understand why people were defensive when I went too far before, and I admitted to and apologized for it.I did nothing of the sort here, you're reaching.

And if it's so exhausting then just ignore it, my post was about Ben and the FCBD and I never did anything to against the appreciation thread.You were the one who started it and wrote an entire post about it.

It's 1 line in a big post.Not like multiple posts or even one whole one, just 1 line.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-16-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Has it been stated how long he had been missing or how much time has passed since Ben was killed by Norman? I know comic time is fluid, and we saw in the Clone Conspiracy how he was revived, but was there an actual time frame of how long he was dead? He would definitely “be out of shape” from crime fighting, even during his return as the Scarlet Spider in Las Vegas, but I didn’t see that as crime fighting, I saw that as Ben merely “surviving”.
    That's an interesting question which I also wondered about for a while. The closest reference we're given is in the BND arc that puts Vladmir Kravinoff's death in 2005.

But that was around a full 8-9 years before Clone Conspiracy even came about plus "sliding timescale" and all that, so there's no way to know for sure. If they were keeping the same metrics from Ben's return, it'd have been another five years, since twenty years elapsed again.

As it is it seems like it's about 2-3 years if that much, the way characters talk about stuff overall seems like they'd even say some months passed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    But that was around a full 8-9 years before Clone Conspiracy even came about plus "sliding timescale" and all that, so there's no way to know for sure. If they were keeping the same metrics from Ben's return, it'd have been another five years, since twenty years elapsed again.

As it is it seems like it's about 2-3 years if that much, the way characters talk about stuff overall seems like they'd even say some months passed or something.
    The last Slott relaunch (or the previous one, IDR) said 13 years passed since the spider bite. There's the whole thing with the Zodiac arc where at least another year passed, so let's say 14. Peter graduates college in #185, so I could see the original Clone Saga happening in the first 6 to 8 years of the timeline.
    The 90's Clone Saga has the whole 'five years of my life' mantra repeated by Ben when he thinks he's the original, years 11 to 13? Pushing it a bit here, but he couldn't have died much earlier than 2 years ago in book-time.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    There's the whole thing with the Zodiac arc where at least another year passed, so let's say 14.
    Nice call remembering that! However, in many runs under the same writer it's very commonplace they address a full year elapsing like this and down the road like the "5 years later" thing for Ben's first return that basically gets swept under the rug. So if we're playing by those rules, maybe the Zodiac bit already stretches to become just months or something.

When things like decades pass and they address it as "5 years or so" it tends to stick more because it becomes a more sweeping plot point.

But then again, given they keep changing what wars some characters fought in and they haven't ever brought up the 5 year gap since the 90s Clone Saga, who can tell? Even in stuff like Millar's run they say Peter has been Spidey since he's been "17" years old despite 15 being the much more used age.

You're right. It basically boils down to the same issue in the entire universe: the sliding timescale was not thought up in the beginning but somewhere along the road when they realized it was a tool they needed. So the early stuff runs almost in real time and then halts abruptly.

Peter's voice rarely sounds like he's past his late 20s even with the supposed 15 year timeline. I think JMS was the last writer who made him sound like he was entering his 30s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    You're right. It basically boils down to the same issue in the entire universe: the sliding timescale was not thought up in the beginning but somewhere along the road when they realized it was a tool they needed. So the early stuff runs almost in real time and then halts abruptly.

Peter's voice rarely sounds like he's past his late 20s even with the supposed 15 year timeline. I think JMS was the last writer who made him sound like he was entering his 30s.
    Yeah OMD was meant to make him seem like in his early twenties again.Spencer has brought it back.

I wish Marvel just made a canon timeline of everything, like we need some concrete to base our estimates off.Worst part is writers don't coordinate so estimates from small things like above 2005 year of death for Kravinoff may not even line up.

Incredible Member

Just read the FCBD.
    While I get that Ben is a clone of Peter, I could really do without the quips.
    Still...will check it out.

a spiderman without quips is not a spiderman.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

I guess. I'll still take it.
    Would prefer something akin to Kaine's stint as Scarlet Spider.

Astonishing Member

I managed to see the FCBD, and I can already tell you, something is really rotten in this whole situation around the Beyond Corporation and ben Reilly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Just read the FCBD.
    While I get that Ben is a clone of Peter, I could really do without the quips.
    Still...will check it out.
    Same, even if you keep the jokes maybe try subtle differences in the humor.
    Something that makes you feel like it isn't Peter behind the mask, Miles already feels like a teen Spidey tbh.

The art is gorgeous though, like I hope they keep this level consistent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    That's an interesting question which I also wondered about for a while. The closest reference we're given is in the BND arc that puts Vladmir Kravinoff's death in 2005.

But that was around a full 8-9 years before Clone Conspiracy even came about plus "sliding timescale" and all that, so there's no way to know for sure. If they were keeping the same metrics from Ben's return, it'd have been another five years, since twenty years elapsed again. If Peter is 27-28 physical years old, Kaine would be like 26 for his short stint with death, and Ben would be like, 25-26, but I doubt the writers took that into equation.

I like the idea that if Ben was revived a year after Ben died, and throughout the periods of Ben dying and being resurrected the other 26 times, that his DNA would be based on the age he was when he died. So if a year or so passed from his death to his Resurrection, Ben should be physically younger than Peter.

Also, this is not really related, but I dig things like the zodiac and horoscopes. Depending on what month Ben was originally born/cloned on, that would make his astrological stuff way different from Peters. Kaine too. That could help with the difference of personalities too, lol. I just watched Gemini Man this weekend and I got onto a discussion with my brother about how much someone would still be similar and different from someone they are cloned from; also depending on the many different approaches to cloning in science-fiction.
    Last edited by Blanks; 08-16-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I like the idea that if Ben was revived a year after Ben died, and throughout the periods of Ben dying and being resurrected the other 26 times, that his DNA would be based on the age he was when he died. So if a year or so passed from his death to his Resurrection, Ben should be physically younger than Peter.

Also, this is not really related, but I dig things like the zodiac and horoscopes. Depending on what month Ben was originally born/cloned on, that would make his astrological stuff way different from Peters. Kaine too. That could help with the difference of personalities too, lol. I just watched Gemini Man this weekend and I got onto a discussion with my brother about how much someone would still be similar and different from someone they are cloned from; also depending on the many different approaches to cloning in science-fiction.
    They can make Ben the young Peter they want in BND, that seems like a win-win but they need to realize they can't repeat the same mistake of taking away Pete(and MJ) from ASM.Scarlet Spider with a BND type personality seems like a good idea.

I thought you meant the villain Zodiac for a second.I hope not though, astrology and personality have absolutely nothing to do with one another.