Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The character has been put through the wringer in recent years. I suppose I can be happy for you guys that he is getting some love. Peter will return (if he even goes away) in one form or another eventually, so, I'm going to be happy Ben gets the nod in the meantime.
    That’s kinda how I feel. Long term, Peter is going no where. But if he has to take a break from all the crazy stuff he had going on in his life that finally BREAKS him? Why not hang up the webs in-universe and let someone else (Ben obviously now) pick up the webs? Peter is fine and will be fine. I don’t mind him being put on the back burner for a while, a year or so, if it gives Marvel the chance to prop up Ben.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    That’s kinda how I feel. Long term, Peter is going no where. But if he has to take a break from all the crazy stuff he had going on in his life that finally BREAKS him? Why not hang up the webs in-universe and let someone else (Ben obviously now) pick up the webs? Peter is fine and will be fine. I don’t mind him being put on the back burner for a while, a year or so, if it gives Marvel the chance to prop up Ben.
    This.
    He deserves a break.
    Instead they are disrespecting him and breaking him even though he has been through worse.
    It's not gonna be a year.
    5 months at 3x per month for 900.Marvel isn't stupid enough to not have Peter come back for 900.

This entire run is a place holder for a creative team(1 writer and 1-2 artist) and hopefully a good one to come in and do their run.

Amazing Member

I am not getting it. Why Ben? Why now? Why not Miles who is more popular?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Ben (as the Scarlet Spider) is suppose to be in the next Spiderverse movie. This could all just be good marketing to get people refamiliarized with Ben again (or for the first time) for the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Ben does make more sense than Miles.

Although Peter should be just Spider-man.

No replacement needed

BANNED

Is Miles actually popular in comics? his book doesn't sell well and he's only popular due to the movie.

The comic version is boring and has dull compared to the heart of the movie version and Bendis drove it into the ground before he left.

Ben is Peter with a harder life and the only one who could replace him and not be called a weaker replacement like Falcon, Ironheart, Jane Foster and Cho hulk were all called.

Anyway, Ben is the Spider-man who I grew up as teen with and I have great memories from 1995-97 of his era.

Going to read the 6 Ben Reilly Epic books again now, my personal faves were the helicopter rescue, Onslaught issues plus heroes farewell, punisher and Venom crossovers and Black Cat team ups.

And what a costume, fantastic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Is Miles actually popular in comics? his book doesn't sell well and he's only popular due to the movie.

The comic version is boring and has dull compared to the heart of the movie version and Bendis drove it into the ground before he left.

Ben is Peter with a harder life and the only one who could replace him and not be called a weaker replacement like Falcon, Ironheart, Jane Foster and Cho hulk were all called.

Anyway, Ben is the Spider-man who I grew up as teen with and I have great memories from 1995-97 of his era.

Going to read the 6 Ben Reilly Epic books again now, my personal faves were the helicopter rescue, Onslaught issues plus heroes farewell, punisher and Venom crossovers and Black Cat team ups.

And what a costume, fantastic.
    Miles sells around 50 on average.
    His comics version is bland af.

How did Ben do with sales?

Both are beaten by Spidey by a huge margin but still.

I'm just happy that i'll get to buy Ben's comics again. I like Peter but i don't care for him enough to collect his books, especially since there is alot of his books out there every month.

I'll buy this and hopefully they end this run with a new book for Ben, as Scarlet Spider or Spider Man or whatever. Just don't repeat the same mistakes made in his last Scarlet Spider book, please.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm just happy that i'll get to buy Ben's comics again. I like Peter but i don't care for him enough to collect his books, especially since there is alot of his books out there every month.

I'll buy this and hopefully they end this run with a new book for Ben, as Scarlet Spider or Spider Man or whatever. Just don't repeat the same mistakes made in his last Scarlet Spider book, please.
    Yes. That’s what I’m praying for too.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Are people basically wanting to ignore every Ben Reilly story since his death in the 90s? Ben’s been through a lot more trauma and horror since then. The last time he was in the spotlight he was disfigured and had turned evil, as a result of all the damage to his soul from his constant resurrections (see Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #25). I actually enjoyed that series, so wiping away those stories and his time as the Jackal to turn him back into blonde Spidey seems pretty pointless.
    The thing is, all of that is pretty bad.
    Clone Conspiracy is bad, its resulting Scarlet Spider series was bad, and they played damage control for Spidergeddon. While I don't doubt some people enjoyed them they'd been bad stories largely rejected by the readership so it makes sense for them to go a lot safer with Ben in the future given that's largely what a lot of people wanted from him anyways. And really I can't think of anyone who wanted him brought back as a villain let alone anyone aside from Slott wanting him to be Jackal.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

This is probably not our Ben or atleast tampered memories.
    Beyond corp plays a big role in this.

What ya'll think about the costume? I liked, but i wish it had more aspects of his original SM costume.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

I’m digging the modified new look on his classic design. It doesn’t take anything from it, and it makes it a lil more “his” now since his original one has pretty much been Mayday’s look for ages now.

But I kinda wish his webshooters were still visible. But that is something I can get over. I also dig that they brought the armpit webs back.

Astonishing Member

I wish Ben had just stuck with his 90s SM costume for ultimate nostalgia. I miss the blue fingers and external web shooters. This looks like a weird compromise between OG Spidey and Spider-Ben.

Oh well, at least the blonde hair is finally back!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What ya'll think about the costume? I liked, but i wish it had more aspects of his original SM costume.

Idk how I feel about costume but I love the art