Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah yet everyone acting like this is permanent
    Everyone acting like they know facts about a story they haven't read yet.

-----

On another note, I always appreciated the notion from Peter in Spider-Girl that it was Ben who was more easily able to take joy in being Spider-Man.

Not saying it IS that way. I just like the idea.

-Pav, who loves that whole issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Everyone acting like they know facts about a story they haven't read yet.

-----

On another note, I always appreciated the notion from Peter in Spider-Girl that it was Ben who was more easily able to take joy in being Spider-Man.

Not saying it IS that way. I just like the idea.

-Pav, who loves that whole issue...
    Well they do give us promo's to form an opinion on

I do agree ben takes more pleasure being Spidey

But I think that has to do with Peter has seen so much more than Ben even after they split
    And the fact that having someone's memories and feeling them is terrible but actually living through them is much worse

-Spiderfan, scared as heck they will make a mess of Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well they do give us promo's to form an opinion on

I do agree ben takes more pleasure being Spidey

But I think that has to do with Peter has seen so much more than Ben even after they split
    And the fact that having someone's memories and feeling them is terrible but actually living through them is much worse

-Spiderfan, scared as heck they will make a mess of Beyond
    That's one way of thinking about it.

I always considered it more from Ben's end: becoming Spidey and gaining some semblance of a life in NYC was literally the best time of Ben's life. After years of struggling with acceptance for his situation, being Spidey must have provided some validation for him -- along with incredible joy.

I hope this group of writers can capture Ben's voice as well as Cantwell has over in Iron Man.

-Pav, who isn't sure about the new suit yet...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Extraordinary Member

That's one way of thinking about it.

I always considered it more from Ben's end: becoming Spidey and gaining some semblance of a life in NYC was literally the best time of Ben's life. After years of struggling with acceptance for his situation, being Spidey must have provided some validation for him -- along with incredible joy.

I hope this group of writers can capture Ben's voice as well as Cantwell has over in Iron Man.

-Pav, who isn't sure about the new suit yet...
    I mean that is the point of a promo but sure

That makes sense

I don't think this will bode well for ben as well.Not only is he being painted as the antagonist he is also working with the beyond corp.
    If anything they will get him completely wrong imo.

The suit is weird but the art is great

-Spiderfan, who hopes he's wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean that is the point of a promo but sure

That makes sense

I don't think this will bode well for ben as well.Not only is he being painted as the antagonist he is also working with the beyond corp.
    If anything they will get him completely wrong imo.

The suit is weird but the art is great

-Spiderfan, who hopes he's wrong...
    I don't agree with your perception of what may be happening based on the very little information we have.

You are certainly within your rights to make whatever judgments you want, and I'm sure you've rationalized them as anyone would. But consider that negativity may not be of interest to other posters who are excited to read what is to come. That's all I ask.

-Pav, who wants to be excited with others...
    Last edited by Pav; 06-26-2021 at 02:16 PM.

--------------------

Maybe we'll finally see the return of Armada....?!?!

I'm just wondering if anyone significant to Ben specifically might reasonably be associated with Beyond Corp.

Anyone know what's been going on with them recently? Like, what their mission statement is?

-Pav, who can't help but wish for Phil Urich's return...

--------------------

Extraordinary Member

I don't agree with your perception of what may be happening based on the very little information we have.

You are certainly within your rights to make whatever judgments you want, and I'm sure you've rationalized them as anyone would. But consider that negativity may not be of interest to other posters who are excited to read what is to come. That's all I ask.

-Pav, who wants to be excited with others...
    Well we can change our perceptions in the future but from what I've seen this isn't promising and if you go to sites like IG most people share the same opinion.

Again.You have rationalized your own judgements as well.
    I will be negative on the story because this is feedback.If I lie about being positive and say I think this could be good it is false feedback.
    Also you clearly are a Ben fanboy while I am a Spider-man one.Your character is leeching of mine so I won't fake positivity and let my honest opinion he heard on a forum.That is the point of a forum.
    If the news and issues in the future are good I will be positive af throughout and buy every issue, but based on current info I am not.If it's bad I will be negative throughout so that maybe somehow if enough of us say it out loud and stop supporting this Marvel may listen.

-Spiderfan, who just wants to keep it real...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Maybe we'll finally see the return of Armada....?!?!

I'm just wondering if anyone significant to Ben specifically might reasonably be associated with Beyond Corp.

Anyone know what's been going on with them recently? Like, what their mission statement is?

-Pav, who can't help but wish for Phil Urich's return...
    The last time the Beyond Corporation appeared was in Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers, where it turned out to be a front for some kind of extradimensional abomination. If that's still intact, I suspect things won't be looking so much on the up-and-up with regards to its backing of Ben as the newest Spider-Man. That said, I remain willing to give it a shot and see where it goes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

By using Beyond Corp, that’s adding more lore to Ben, so when the time comes for Ben to get his own series, it’ll give him more of his own threats/enemies so he won’t have to share threats with Peter and Miles. I see that as a win. Also, I don’t see this being any different than when they used Alchemax from Spidy 2099 to tie in with present day Liz Allen and Osborn industries the past few years. Makes the Spider-World more connected, even though each Spider has stuff in their own corner.

I’m excited at the possibilities again. For Ben and Peter from this arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    By using Beyond Corp, that’s adding more lore to Ben, so when the time comes for Ben to get his own series, it’ll give him more of his own threats/enemies so he won’t have to share threats with Peter and Miles. I see that as a win. Also, I don’t see this being any different than when they used Alchemax from Spidy 2099 to tie in with present day Liz Allen and Osborn industries the past few years. Makes the Spider-World more connected, even though each Spider has stuff in their own corner.

I’m excited at the possibilities again. For Ben and Peter from this arch.
    That's a fair point, too.

Incredible Member

Another thing, until Morlin and Spider-verse, they tended to keep Peter away from a lot of the more supernatural/extra-dimensionally aspects of the greater Marvel-universe. Like, there was that issue, Peter Parker vol 2, issues 6-8, I believe where despite meeting various heroes throughout his career, Peter fighting side-by-side with Blade was still not a believer of vampires, despite Blade staking them right in front of him.

Since Ben’s resurrection (various actually, for his soul to have gotten fractured enough to be noticed by Death), Ben could start to be the Alt-Spider, while Peter remains the street level Spidy, and Miles fills the bill for the HighSchool Age Spider-Man. Peter just had his brush with death and resurrections in this most recent arch. That may be what helps him break and snap and decide that he needs a break from the madness. We saw what happened when Ben got broken, he went mad as the Jackal. Peter didn’t die as much as Ben did. If this story, sets Ben up as being the Spider-Man that deals with mad supernatural/dimensional madness stuff, so they can keep Peter focused on other aspects of the classic Spider-Man lore, I see it as a nice compromise.

All in all, it leaves what to do with Kaine. Like Pav has said in other Ben related threads, I would love to see a “Scarlet-Spider(s) team book of the two clone brothers down the line as frenemies on the road, lol.

Another thing, until Morlin and Spider-verse, they tended to keep Peter away from a lot of the more supernatural/extra-dimensionally aspects of the greater Marvel-universe. Like, there was that issue, Peter Parker vol 2, issues 6-8, I believe where despite meeting various heroes throughout his career, Peter fighting side-by-side with Blade was still not a believer of vampires, despite Blade staking them right in front of him.

Since Ben’s resurrection (various actually, for his soul to have gotten fractured enough to be noticed by Death), Ben could start to be the Alt-Spider, while Peter remains the street level Spidy, and Miles fills the bill for the HighSchool Age Spider-Man. Peter just had his brush with death and resurrections in this most recent arch. That may be what helps him break and snap and decide that he needs a break from the madness. We saw what happened when Ben got broken, he went mad as the Jackal. Peter didn’t die as much as Ben did. If this story, sets Ben up as being the Spider-Man that deals with mad supernatural/dimensional madness stuff, so they can keep Peter focused on other aspects of the classic Spider-Man lore, I see it as a nice compromise.

All in all, it leaves what to do with Kaine. Like Pav has said in other Ben related threads, I would love to see a “Scarlet-Spider(s) team book of the two clone brothers down the line as frenemies on the road, lol.
    That would be cool, too, and my personal favorite resolution for Ben and Kaine.

Extraordinary Member

Well Spider-man has dealt with more than his share of dimensional and supernatural threats.
    Spider-man also jokes a lot and even if it wasn't one you shouldn't take the bad writing of one writer and go by it.

Also I think you are being way too optimistic for Ben.

I'm calling it now, This won't end well for Ben.

Extraordinary Member

Also the promo says that he is back as Spider-man in 75 itself so it's not a slow change.
    Also that he wants to succed where peter failed.So ummm...... yeah.Maybe they show that peter failed or something in future because he seems to be doing Spider-man just fine rn.
    Again determined to be the "best version" is basically what they tried in Superior Spider-man.Didn't work for ock, I doubt it works for Ben.

Again if they the story here is how Ben is related to the corp and Peter stuff, whatever that is I doubt we will actually get a lot of time with Ben as Spidey.

Astonishing Member

Re-reading ‘Life of Reilly’ and it’s still compelling reading 20 years later. That ‘Time Loop’ idea for resolving it was so crazy, and I love DeFalco’s pushback that the mastermind couldn’t be Mephisto “because he’s not a Spider-Man villain.” If only he knew at the time. Also, people may say what they want, but I think the writers produced some great Ben Reilly stories under tremendous pressure and editorial interference, especially during the last year once Ben was Spidey. I’m glad ‘Final Adventure’ and ‘Redemption’ weren’t cancelled (they almost were!).

http://lifeofreillyarchives.blogspot.com/?m=1