Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ben is just as much of a “different person” as Kaine. They’re both clones of Peter. Ben’s personality differences are more subtle than Kaine’s, but they’re definitely there (example: Ben is more impulsive, used to rough living, more free spirited, less confident, exhibits more self doubt, less experienced fighter, a bit more open minded, more “hip”, etc. than Peter… I could go on).
    It's not that they are not there, just that I feel many writers write him as just Peter going through a mood swing.

Kaine's are easier to write .

Kaine is used to rough living, impulsive.
    And peter is also one of the best at self-doubt and low confidence.They will be harder to diffrentiate in that aspect.
    Also if they make way of the spider stick(which I really hope they do), that would help in the fighting department.
    Can you elaborate on open-minded and "hip"

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.Ben as a character can work but they messed it up.

Also Marvel never learns.I'm so tired of them messing up Spidey, specially now with the Beyond news and then BMB rumors.
    We need someone who respects Spidey like Zdarsky.

Most characters go through this phase except DD.
    What they really want to do I (strongly) suspect is get rid of MJ permanently so we get "swinging single (immature) Spider-Man" with zero distractions, but we the fans (a majority, at least) won't let them do so. They feel she is the thing that ages up Peter the most being his "soul mate" and all. They tried to have her and Peter ride off into the sunset post-1990s' Clone Saga while another (very similar) Spider-Man took the mantle, which failed. They tried to outright kill her off, which failed. They tried to turn her into a bitter Spider-Man hater who worked for a rival (of sorts) Tony Stark, which failed. Now they very well might be trying route one again. They never accept defeat. *sigh*
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-29-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    What they really want to do I (strongly) suspect is get rid of MJ permanently so we get "swinging single (immature) Spider-Man" with zero distractions, but we the fans (a majority, at least) won't let them do so. They feel she is the thing that ages up Peter the most being his "soul mate" and all. They tried to have her and Peter ride off into the sunset post-1990s' Clone Saga while another (very similar) Spider-Man took the mental, which failed. They tried to outright kill her off, which failed. They tried to turn her into a bitter Spider-Man hater who worked for a rival (of sorts) Tony Stark, which failed. Now they very well might be trying route one again. They never accept defeat. *sigh*
    I don't mind no MJ in BND, I mind the immature thing.
    Seriously BND should have had a Carol Danvers and Sable relationships.Instead of Carlie.

Yeah but fans in general aren't gonna let MJ go,I feel if they absolutely have to let her go they need to give us like 200 issues of MJ peter first then kill her off.Then in 50+ issues he moves on with someone like sable or Marvel.
    The entirety of BND era could have been marriage + kid.Then kill MJ and Peter is a single dad.The immature aspect is now just more responsibility.He goes through acceptance of that and then moves on.
    I doubt this will work but it's the best route.Well the best is just keep them together but for the condition that she has to die.

I don't mind no MJ in BND, I mind the immature thing.
    Seriously BND should have had a Carol Danvers and Sable relationships.Instead of Carlie.

Yeah but fans in general aren't gonna let MJ go,I feel if they absolutely have to let her go they need to give us like 200 issues of MJ peter first then kill her off.Then in 50+ issues he moves on with someone like sable or Marvel.
    The entirety of BND era could have been marriage + kid.Then kill MJ and Peter is a single dad.The immature aspect is now just more responsibility.He goes through acceptance of that and then moves on.
    I doubt this will work but it's the best route.Well the best is just keep them together but for the condition that she has to die.
    I think Editorial now realizes the fanbase, especially of the comics or "floppies", will likely NEVER give up MJ as the "one" for Peter. I thus think this is why we are getting Ben back as Spider-Man in 616. I could be wrong but I think Spider-Man Beyond is happening because they are going to put Peter back with MJ but have him not be the main Spider-Man anymore so they can keep "young hip, unattached Spidey" (their preferred default for the character).
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-29-2021 at 10:37 AM.

This.
    He deserves a break.
    Instead they are disrespecting him and breaking him even though he has been through worse.
    It's not gonna be a year.
    5 months at 3x per month for 900.Marvel isn't stupid enough to not have Peter come back for 900.

This entire run is a place holder for a creative team(1 writer and 1-2 artist) and hopefully a good one to come in and do their run.
    Your maths is incorrect. 5x3 is 15, not 25. It's actually nine months. (9x3=27).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Your maths is incorrect. 5x3 is 15, not 25. It's actually nine months. (9x3=27).
    Hahaha, indeed

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh yeah.
    My B.

I meant 9.

Extraordinary Member

I think Editorial now realizes the fanbase, especially of the comics or "floppies", will likely NEVER give up MJ as the "one" for Peter. I thus think this is why we are getting Ben back as Spider-Man in 616. I could be wrong but I think Spider-Man Beyond is happening because they are going to put Peter back with MJ but have him not be the main Spider-Man anymore so they can keep "young hip, unattached Spidey" (their preferred default for the character).
    Then people won't read it,
    The one thing people want more than MJ is peter,if he's not in the book then why will they buy it.

Fans don't want peter MJ aside in limbo, we can' them in the main book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ben is just as much of a “different person” as Kaine. They’re both clones of Peter. Ben’s personality differences are more subtle than Kaine’s, but they’re definitely there (example: Ben is more impulsive, used to rough living, more free spirited, less confident, exhibits more self doubt, less experienced fighter, a bit more open minded, more “hip”, etc. than Peter… I could go on).
    Considering that Ben invented impact webbing, stingers (paralytic darts fired from his web-shooters), and microdot tracers (spider-tracers, but even smaller and not shaped like Spider-Man's back symbol), I'd say another difference was that those five years on the road gave Ben time and space to innovate on the Spider-Man arsenal, whereas Peter was swamped with maintaining the ever-precarious balance between his life as Peter and his heroics as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Lost Years fill-in-the-blank of Ben's time in Salt Lake City, Utah had escaped me as I was typing that out. Thanks for the memory jog.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that Ben invented impact webbing, stingers (paralytic darts fired from his web-shooters), and microdot tracers (spider-tracers, but even smaller and not shaped like Spider-Man's back symbol), I'd say another difference was that those five years on the road gave Ben time and space to innovate on the Spider-Man arsenal, whereas Peter was swamped with maintaining the ever-precarious balance between his life as Peter and his heroics as Spider-Man.

You're welcome.
    peter did make new spider-tracers.Very small ones too.
    I think they should make impact webbing and stingers just standard Spider-man gear along with the upgraded utility belt

Then people won't read it,
    The one thing people want more than MJ is peter,if he's not in the book then why will they buy it.

Fans don't want peter MJ aside in limbo, we can' them in the main book.
    No doubt, Editorial's "master plan" is a picture book because it is so easily read. Everyone knows what they are up to here. After twenty-five years of constantly trying to regress and/or replace Peter as Spider-Man, it would be hard not to know lol.

Extraordinary Member

No doubt, Editorial's "master plan" is a picture book because it is so easily read. Everyone knows what they are up to here. After twenty-five years of constantly trying to regress and/or replace Peter as Spider-Man, it would be hard not to know lol.
    The thing that surprises me is they tried this so many times and it doesn't work.
    Like how blind are you, people clearly want Peter.Just give him to us

Astonishing Member

The 1990s Clone Saga were the first Spider-Man comics I read growing up with Peter and Ben. A most infamous period in Spider-Man history. When Reilly was killed, people wanted him back and there were teases that it might but it didn't come to pass till The Clone Conspiracy by Slott and PAD's Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider. I really hated both seeing Reilly as a villain, I'd honestly have preferred him to stay dead. Spider-Geddon offered a brief panel explanation that Ben's factory reset to where he was before, I welcomed that.

Now in unexpected news, Ben Reilly is Spider-Man again in Spider-Man Beyond. I like the new costume but wish it had some more callbacks to his original Spider-Man suit. That's one of the best Spider-Man costumes, I'd say the same about his original Scarlet Spider suit. Like what I've seen of the new costume. I do wish Reilly was wearing the webshooters on the outside though, that's a trademark of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

The 1990s Clone Saga were the first Spider-Man comics I read growing up with Peter and Ben. A most infamous period in Spider-Man history. When Reilly was killed, people wanted him back and there were teases that it might but it didn't come to pass till The Clone Conspiracy by Slott and PAD's Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider. I really hated both seeing Reilly as a villain, I'd honestly have preferred him to stay dead. Spider-Geddon offered a brief panel explanation that Ben's factory reset to where he was before, I welcomed that.

Now in unexpected news, Ben Reilly is Spider-Man again in Spider-Man Beyond. I like the new costume but wish it had some more callbacks to his original Spider-Man suit. That's one of the best Spider-Man costumes, I'd say the same about his original Scarlet Spider suit. Like what I've seen of the new costume. I do wish Reilly was wearing the webshooters on the outside though, that's a trademark of the character.
    I mean I highly doubt this is our Ben.
    My guess is he is from a universe where peter died and ben never found out he was a clone.
    That's one I would actually like to see, it's a good spin on the clone saga.

Instead of building up to who is the clone, we deal with the fallout

The thing that surprises me is they tried this so many times and it doesn't work.
    Like how blind are you, people clearly want Peter.Just give him to us
    They want Spider-Man on their terms. They feel a mature Spider-Man is not sustainable long-term. I disagree with their assessment but that is the crux of the issue.

But I digress. We don't want to drag the topic of this thread any further off course.