Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Anyone else hoping for a confrontation between Ben and Norman with Kaine possibly involved as well? I feel like if this isn't some other alternate version of Ben this is the one thing i want most out of "Beyond" for however long it lasts outside of just Ben being written well and differentiating him from Peter in subtle ways.

Also if we do get a confrontation i hope it's not with current goody two shoes Norman.
    I hope Norman dies tbh in Kindred mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Why didn't they do Kaine as Spiderman?
    I don't think Kaine would want to be Spider-Man. He wouldn't consider himself good enough.

He didn't even really want to be the Scarlet Spider.

-Pav, who does wonder if he'll appear in Beyond...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Harvey Dent: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain."

Or "better to burn out than fade away."

Yes, many quotes would fit poor Ben's fate.
    True enough, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He could die by his own Goblin Glider again. That would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I don't think Kaine would want to be Spider-Man. He wouldn't consider himself good enough.

He didn't even really want to be the Scarlet Spider.

-Pav, who does wonder if he'll appear in Beyond...
    I'd like to see Kaine's reaction to Ben being Spider-Man again, and technically, Kaine did disguise himself as Spider-Man three times --- once in his earlier appearances in The Clone Saga, which he used to ambush some villains banding together after Kaine killed Doctor Octopus, then in Grim Hunt to lead Kraven's family away from Peter and die in Peter's place, and finally in Spider-Island after his resurrection and being cured of the Queen's brainwashing and his own degeneration by way of a bath in Anti-Venom serum.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, yeah.

He could die by his own Goblin Glider again. That would be something.

I'd like to see Kaine's reaction to Ben being Spider-Man again, and technically, Kaine did disguise himself as Spider-Man three times --- once in his earlier appearances in The Clone Saga, which he used to ambush some villains banding together after Kaine killed Doctor Octopus, then in Grim Hunt to lead Kraven's family away from Peter and die in Peter's place, and finally in Spider-Island after his resurrection and being cured of the Queen's brainwashing and his own degeneration by way of a bath in Anti-Venom serum.
    I think he will take in the sins or something,

I just hope he reveals to Peter that SP was not real and done by Mysterio or something.
    They did stealth reference it and Spencer is good at placing seeds like that like he did with the catalyst.
    I want that gone more than OMD, I wouldn't mind if Peter is not Spidey for an entire year if they remove SP.
    Have I mentioned how bad I want them to remove SP.....

Astonishing Member

I think he will take in the sins or something,

I just hope he reveals to Peter that SP was not real and done by Mysterio or something.
    They did stealth reference it and Spencer is good at placing seeds like that like he did with the catalyst.
    I want that gone more than OMD, I wouldn't mind if Peter is not Spidey for an entire year if they remove SP.
    Have I mentioned how bad I want them to remove SP.....
    It won't happen. Marvel could have ditched it with OMD but they decided to allow it to remain. It has been referenced since elsewhere. Be hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Best to just never reference it again (which is the best you can hope for).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It won't happen. Marvel could have ditched it with OMD but they decided to allow it to remain. It has been referenced since elsewhere. Be hard to put that genie back in the bottle. Best to just never reference it again (which is the best you can hope for).
    Nope.
    They did reference it and as for putting it back Mysterio is the answer.
    Or hypnosis or Mephisto.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    They could have also used the Secret War to erase it too, but they didn’t. It’s hear you stay, even if it doesn’t really get referenced again. To be honest I had forgotten about it, until the son was shown again in the goblin gear at the end of the first Superior Spider-Man run.

They could have easily used Secret War to reset certain events. I remember praying and hoping that that would be the event that they would use to bring Ben back; Kinda like how they swapped Miles and Nighthawk and the other Squadron characters over, I had hoped that they would bring Ben like that, but that was all way before the Clone Conspiracy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Anyone else hoping for a confrontation between Ben and Norman with Kaine possibly involved as well? I feel like if this isn't some other alternate version of Ben this is the one thing i want most out of "Beyond" for however long it lasts outside of just Ben being written well and differentiating him from Peter in subtle ways.

Also if we do get a confrontation i hope it's not with current goody two shoes Norman.
    Ben does deserve some revenge. Not only is Osborn responsible for his death, but his actions led to Ben’s five year self driven exile too. Ben deserves to get some well deserved punches and kicks in, for himself and Pete.

It would be funny to see Ben and Pete both tag-teaming stomping a mudhole into Norman.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Ben does deserve some revenge. Not only is Osborn responsible for his death, but his actions led to Ben’s five year self driven exile too. Ben deserves to get some well deserved punches and kicks in, for himself and Pete.

It would be funny to see Ben and Pete both tag-teaming stomping a mudhole into Norman.
    Definitely.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I’m tired of deaths, unless they stick. And they NEVER do in Marvel comics now. I’m struggling to think of the last comic book death that really stuck. Just put Norman in a coma; at least that way they don’t have to do another corny resurrection when they want to use him again in 3-5 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m tired of deaths, unless they stick. And they NEVER do in Marvel comics now. I’m struggling to think of the last comic book death that really stuck. Just put Norman in a coma; at least that way they don’t have to do another corny resurrection when they want to use him again in 3-5 years.
    And with Norman you know he'll be back sooner or later anyway.

Astonishing Member

This came out 4 days ago, but I never saw it posted here (unless I missed it). Interior art of Benson from ASM#75

https://www.cbr.com/ben-reilly-amazi...n-art-preview/

Incredible Member

I always thought the easiest way to explain away Sins Past would have been to say that particular Gwen was in fact an early clone prototype that Miles Warren created. It would have better explained the accelerated growth and aging the twins went through. It would also explain how Norman eventually hears about Warren and uses him to screw with Peter. If the old Osborn Journal issue is still canon, it would explain why Norman says Miles was "an old acquaintance". Yes, I am aware that clones are an extremely tired trope in Spider-Man but it would also be the simplest way to erase that garbage.

One thing I'm really excited about from the preview art is how happy Ben looks.

I like his characterization in Cantwell's Iron Man, but he's never appeared maskless there. And while there were happy moments during PAD's run, the whole "broken soul" thing was really a downer.

So I'm glad to see that Ben seems to feel like he's in a good place -- if that's indeed what the preview indicates.

-Pav, who loved Ben's joy at being Spider-Man...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    One thing I'm really excited about from the preview art is how happy Ben looks.

I like his characterization in Cantwell's Iron Man, but he's never appeared maskless there. And while there were happy moments during PAD's run, the whole "broken soul" thing was really a downer.

So I'm glad to see that Ben seems to feel like he's in a good place -- if that's indeed what the preview indicates.

-Pav, who loved Ben's joy at being Spider-Man...
    Be that as it may, I keep hearing the rumor that it’s not our Ben, but Earth-94 Ben who supposedly died during the Scarlet Spiders mini that was part of the Spiderverse event. I guess we will know for sure soon enough as more details leak out.