Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Despite writing one of the best depictions of Ben, Jurgens hates Ben and left because Peter didn’t come back to the books quick enough. In the ‘Life of Reilly’ essays, he said he would never write Ben again. It’s a shame, but it is what it is.

I’d love JM DeMatteis back though. Another person who “got” Ben was Todd Dezago who did ‘Sensational’ with the late and much missed Mike Wieringo. I corresponded with Dezago a couple times and he said he still has great affection for the character and would love to write him again. I think JM would be good for dark Ben stories, and Dezago would be good for the lighthearted stuff.
    Thanks for the correction about Jurgen's. Really need to go back and re-read The Life Of Reilly.

Completely forgot about Dezago! Yeah, now that is a idea I can get behind.

So Ben is coming back? Is he going to (temporarily) replace Peter, or is he (hopefully) getting his own book and/or put on a different team?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Mighty Member

Try as I might, I'm having a hard time not getting hyped for Beyond. I fully expect to get slapped in the face by the end, but just knowing it's coming has me more excited than i've been for anything Spidey in a while.

And when it's over, and assuming they don't kill Ben off again, I hold out hope for the Scarlet Brothers series that still seems like such a no brainer. How marvel isn't all over that one continues to amaze me. Ben and Kaine, in a book together, being the Spidey version of The Odd Couple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

And when it's over, and assuming they don't kill Ben off again, I hold out hope for the Scarlet Brothers series that still seems like such a no brainer. How marvel isn't all over that one continues to amaze me. Ben and Kaine, in a book together, being the Spidey version of The Odd Couple.
    Well…. Marvel is very risk averse nowadays. It’s not like the 90s when they had over a hundred books on the market and would green light anything. They know us Ben/Kaine fans are passionate (believe me, they know), but they think there’s just not enough of us to justify a new book right now. Hopefully one day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Thanks for the correction about Jurgen's. Really need to go back and re-read The Life Of Reilly.

Completely forgot about Dezago! Yeah, now that is a idea I can get behind.
    Yeah, Dezago is unfairly looked over nowadays. He’s also a really cool, nice guy. Back in the 90s and early 00s he would write lengthy emails back to any fan (such as myself) who got a hold of his email address and pestered him with fanboy questions. I was a teen and feel embarrassed about that now, but he was so cool about it and would take time to give lengthy replies.

I reread ‘Life of Reilly’ recently. Definitely with it. The insights from it are so much fun to read about.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    So Ben is coming back? Is he going to (temporarily) replace Peter, or is he (hopefully) getting his own book and/or put on a different team?
    Yes, yes, and hopefully.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Depends on who this Ben is, maybe.
    Also depends on what plans they have for 900.
    Maybe they do a soft reboot of the Spider-line like HIX-MAN

I'm sure you guys are aware of events over in Iron Man.

As I've totally forgotten how to do the 'spoiler' blacked out post, I'll avoid details. But I will say I wonder who this Ben will actually be.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post

As I've totally forgotten how to do the 'spoiler' blacked out post, I'll avoid details. But I will say I wonder who this Ben will actually be.
    Oh, yeah. I'm curious, too.

Ben Reilly and Peter Parker team-up on new "Spider-Man Beyond" covers

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-amazi...artists-named/

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Ben Reilly and Peter Parker team-up on new "Spider-Man Beyond" covers

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-amazi...artists-named/

Interesting. The article also mentions that the U-Foes were employed or enlisted by Henry Peter Gyrich to take out the Hulk previously, so that begs the question of whether the U-Foes are taking on Spider-Man as freelancers, or still working for Gyrich, and if so . . . what would Gyrich's angle be in going after Spider-Man?

Astonishing Member

Could the cyborg strangling Ben on that cover be Silvermane?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post

I'm a bit behind then, what had developed. Can someone else post details in spoil code then please?
    Is it possible that whatever has occurred in IM is groundwork for Ben in his new Spidey role?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm a bit behind then, what had developed. Can someone else post details in spoil code then please?
    Is it possible that whatever has occurred in IM is groundwork for Ben in his new Spidey role?
    I've been reading and don't really remember.He hasn't been a focus, it's Tony and then Hellcat.I'd also like to know what happened to him?

Those covers look fantastic.