Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    Need either a Scarlet Spiders title ala Birds of Prey with Julia as Oracle or a Slingers title with Ben, Kaine and the Slingers
    Either would be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yep.

Best thing to do is pretend whatever was brought back in Clone Conspiracy wasn't the real Ben at all. And given that story's completely ludicrous explanation for his existence and behaviour, isn't a huge stretch.

As far as I'm concerned, if Marvel ever really wanna bring Ben back properly, I'd just retcon the end of Revelations so that the Ben who sacrificed himself was another clone that Norman created (cos let's be honest, he was churning those things out like a factory), whilst still keeping the real Ben prisoner. Ben subsequently escaped, realised he was 'dead' again and after discovering that he really was the clone, he came to terms with it, because he realises he doesn't feel any different to when he thought he was the real Pete.

Deciding that staying in New York and revealing himself to Pete again would only complicate matters and likely put them and their friends/family in more danger again, Ben decides to once again hit the road. Only this time, not as a reluctant hero and recluse, but now actively seeking out people that need his help. Basically 'The Lost Years', but with a more positive, pro-active (but still sans-costume) Ben... Still the hero that he always was.

All of which means we can rightfully consider the events of Clone Conspiracy and the subsequent Scarlet Comic to be the adventures of a completely different character who had nothing in common with Ben whatsoever. Which is extremely easy to do, because that's exactly how it was written.
    Yeah, that might just work. Hell, Mister Sinister cloned Ben over in Wolverines #5-6, too, right before Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars kicked off, so maybe we can blame him. My personal canon, though, is that it was the demon D'Spayre, whom Ben had a past encounter with that never got elaborated on, engineering the bulk of Clone Conspiracy and its aftermath as a plot to break Ben psychologically.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well, Ben has popped up again in Iron man #5

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    While his dialogue scenes were kind of generic, the art was great. Scarlet Spider hasn’t looked that good since the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    While his dialogue scenes were kind of generic, the art was great. Scarlet Spider hasn’t looked that good since the 90s.
    Indeed. Looking forward to the next issue, if only because of that cliffhanger at the end of this one.

spoilers:
    You better not have killed him off, Christopher Cantwell.
    end of spoilers

I want Ben back in NYC catching up with his own crew from the 90s, and then maybe he can revisit SLC
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Looking forward to the next issue, if only because of that cliffhanger at the end of this one.

spoilers:
    You better not have killed him off, Christopher Cantwell.
    end of spoilers
    I wouldn't worry about it spoilers:
    I doubt they'd kill Misty. It might even be a cool idea for it to be Ben and his spider sense that tips them off that the ship was booby trapped
    end of spoilers

We didn't see much Ben or the back up team but what little we did see didn't treat them like complete jokes. That's a encouraging sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it spoilers:
    I doubt they'd kill Misty. It might even be a cool idea for it to be Ben and his spider sense that tips them off that the ship was booby trapped
    end of spoilers

We didn't see much Ben or the back up team but what little we did see didn't treat them like complete jokes. That's a encouraging sign.
    I had the exact same thought: it'll be our boy Ben who saved everyone from the explosion.

Also agree with the art being great: Ben's costume NEEDS that darker shade of red to look its best.

-Pav, who is onboard for all Ben-related issues of Iron Man...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I had the exact same thought: it'll be our boy Ben who saved everyone from the explosion.

Also agree with the art being great: Ben's costume NEEDS that darker shade of red to look its best.

-Pav, who is onboard for all Ben-related issues of Iron Man...
    Yes! You 100% nailed it. It always looks better when it’s a dark wine red. And the sweatshirt also looks better when it’s closer to a midnight blue (with a tint of purple) instead of sky blue.

I think it reminds me of how he was colored in the old ‘Spider-Man: Unlimited’ issues from the 90s (like the one where he and Peter face terrorists in the WTC).

The artist also just draws SS accurately as well. His eyes and spider symbol always looked a bit off-brand in PAD’s SS series, but here both are portrayed as perfectly as they were in the 90s.

As for the ship, I’m assuming Ben’s spider sense should’ve alerted him before it blew.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 01-06-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Incredible Member

So, question... seeing as that Peter got a new (bleh) costume for 2021, anyone up for the idea that Ben should get a new costume?

Me personally, I would LOVE the idea of Ben inheriting the original Iron-Spider/Scarlet Spider suit (not the one that Miles uncle used), but replace the gold on the suit and robotic arms, to the blue from the sweatshirt, to keep the color scheme the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    So, question... seeing as that Peter got a new (bleh) costume for 2021, anyone up for the idea that Ben should get a new costume?

Me personally, I would LOVE the idea of Ben inheriting the original Iron-Spider/Scarlet Spider suit (not the one that Miles uncle used), but replace the gold on the suit and robotic arms, to the blue from the sweatshirt, to keep the color scheme the same.
    Ben's costume is best costume.

-Pav, who thinks it might only be beat by Spider-Carnage...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

No, not unless it was the the costume he wore during his time as Spider-Man.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

His sweatshirt costume looks kinda dated nowaday, too bad Mark Bagley completed missed the mark with the redesign of his new suit.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-07-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    His sweatshirt costume looks dated nowaday, too bad Mark Bagley completed missed the mark with the redesign of his new suit.
    Yeah, that was a shame. I'd be fine with a minor tweak to the classic costume, replacing the blue hoodie with a black hoodie with a red spider symbol. Something like this:

fooray_scarlet_spider_color_by_edjnr_d1lht5v-fullview.jpg

black__white_and_now_coloured_by_edjnr_d4apkkw-fullview.jpg

Fooray_Scarlet_Spider_Red_and_Black.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    His sweatshirt costume looks kinda dated nowaday, too bad Mark Bagley completed missed the mark with the redesign of his new suit.
    The look of the first few issues of the PAD series wasn't too bad, it was the smirk you could see through the mask that ruined it more than anything. As for the original costume I feel it's aged very well for a costume from the 90s and conveys that he's a more low rent version of Spider-Man...however while I see the appeal in him travelling the states in a lost years-esque I would like the character get his life together somewhere in which case I think a 'proper' costume would be symbolic of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    The look of the first few issues of the PAD series wasn't too bad, it was the smirk you could see through the mask that ruined it more than anything. As for the original costume I feel it's aged very well for a costume from the 90s and conveys that he's a more low rent version of Spider-Man...however while I see the appeal in him travelling the states in a lost years-esque I would like the character get his life together somewhere in which case I think a 'proper' costume would be symbolic of that.
    I still like his OG suit, but he should get something new to evolve as character, like you said.
    He should get a new suit that embodies every phases of his life. Not exactly, but kind like this one.