Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Sneak peek pages of Ben back as Spidey for free comic day (Aug 14th)

I’m hyped.

Also his blonde hair is finally, finally back. Everything is right in the world (well, the Ben-corner of it anyway).

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/fcbd...going-forward/
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 08-03-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

I’m hyped.

Also his blonde hair is finally, finally back. Everything is right in the world (well, the Ben-corner of it anyway).

Such an exciting time. Who knows where this story leads? It's a direction that I don't think any of us would've conceived, which makes it all the more exciting.

I love a good story, and I can't wait for this one to get started.

-Pav, who will enjoy buying ASM monthly for the first time in a long time...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

I’m hyped.

This been on the beyond thread for a while.Didn't realize it wasn't posted here

1)So Beyond approached Ben, he was hesitant and after the test-drive is convinced.Clearly Ben doesn't know about Beyond's motives and Beyond clearly want Ben.Also seems like his supporting cast will be the team.
    2)New costume, pretty cool
    3)Why is the dialogue "Everything is ..... for hands" in quotations
    4)So Beyond knows who he is, wonder if he has a secret identity at all
    5)Oh boy..
    a)Subversion tactics:Beyond guy throughout all the panels keeps telling Ben what he wants to hear.Selling him on this.
    b)This is Marvel shitting on Spidey again: Ben will do a much better job at being Spider-man and we already know Peter is gonna die or get fatally wounded in the second issue and the story won't even let it breathe since 3rd issue is again just Ben being Spidey.
    "What if someone with the exact same skills and formative years could do better?"
    A direct quote from Nick Lowe which pretty much confirms that this is the route they are going

So superior 3.o(Kraven's Last hunt was the first one imo and the best, superior was a cheap copy, maybe hopefully execution on this will be good).
    The covers also show a crushed Spider with another one in all it's glory and everything else, well....

Major superior vibes

Also the fact that this happens right after OMD is finally addressed and reveals in the final issue will be made and we won't get an aftermath
    It didn't work the first time, did Marvel learn nothing.At least pick a better time smh.

Trying hard to see how this works for anyone other than Ben but really can't
    I mean Ben fans hopefully get their fill in this, because nobody else is...
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

You know this is a Ben appreciation thread, right? If you’re just going to be negative all the time perhaps best to just stick to the Beyond thread. That’s more about the storyline than focusing on Ben the character anyway.

Seriously, this thread is Ben APPRECIATION, and I’ve never seen you make a single post in this thread about why you appreciate him, just broken record complaining about ‘Beyond’ and not wanting Peter to get replaced. Do you think others like to read you continually dumping on their favorite character?
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 08-03-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

You know this is a Ben appreciation thread, right? If you’re just going to be negative all the time perhaps best to just stick to the Beyond thread. That’s more about the storyline than focusing on Ben the character anyway.

Seriously, this thread is Ben APPRECIATION, and I’ve never seen you make a single post in this thread about why you appreciate him, just broken record complaining about ‘Beyond’ and not wanting Peter to get replaced. Do you think others like to read you continually dumping on their favorite character?
    Fair enough
    Just FYI, not complaining about him getting replaced, but how he is and keeps getting replaced.Big difference
    And never "dumped" on Ben
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Took most of it out.Left some in for context
    Anything that's left that feels should be removed, let me know
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-03-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Incredible Member

I’m hyped.

Those pages look really awesome. Can’t wait.

I wonder if his blond hair is dye again, or whenever Otto revived him during Spider-geddon did he manipulate the DNA a bit for Ben to remain a natural blond. That’d be cool, to help be altered from Peter. Fingerprints too. We saw in the trial of Peter Parker how Kaine tried to frame Ben for murder.

Astonishing Member

It’s fine. Sorry I was harsh earlier.
    We would welcome any post about your favorite Ben moment or Ben story if you have one.

Extraordinary Member

It’s fine. Sorry I was harsh earlier.
    We would welcome any post about your favorite Ben moment or Ben story if you have one.
    No problem.I was out of line and there's no shame in you calling that out.

I enjoyed the whole his deaths effecting his soul story and how they explained it.And I feel Kindred did something very similar with Pete and that could go somewhere.
    Also hope Teresa meets Ben in this, both are in the siblings but not really area with Chameleon and cloning.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I’m hyped.

"As far as the Beyond Corporation is concerned you ARE the REAL Spider-man."
    Oooookkay. How do the Avengers look at it? What is the Bugle's take? Peter's take? There are more concerns than just Beyond Corp to consider.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

"Doctor Strange is dead. However, his obligations live on. All across New York City, there exist magical threats that Doctor Strange attended to, and with him gone, that duty now falls to Spider-Man," MacKay tells Newsarama. "But the Spider-Man that is currently available is not the Spider-Man that Strange had been counting on, and now Ben Reilly races against time to keep New York's weirdness under control and prove that he's worthy of the title."

https://www.gamesradar.com/doctor-st...ember-special/

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "Doctor Strange is dead. However, his obligations live on. All across New York City, there exist magical threats that Doctor Strange attended to, and with him gone, that duty now falls to Spider-Man," MacKay tells Newsarama. "But the Spider-Man that is currently available is not the Spider-Man that Strange had been counting on, and now Ben Reilly races against time to keep New York's weirdness under control and prove that he's worthy of the title."

LOAD ME UP ON BEN REILLY, MARVEL!!!

*ahem*

Ben and Felicia up against a magical threat?

Is it possible we may see D'Spayre?!

-Pav, who would spit out his drink...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

*ahem*

D'Spayre?
    (P.S. not gonna give my thoughts on this here, it's not suitable.Not that anyone asked, just in case someone's wondering)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

*ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    D'Spayre?
    (P.S. not gonna give my thoughts on this here, it's not suitable.Not that anyone asked, just in case someone's wondering)
    In the first Spider-Man comics after the debacle that was Maximum Clonage, Ben revealed that he'd had a past encounter with D'Spayre, a demonic foe of Doctor Strange who --- like his name would suggest --- specialized in driving people to despair so he could feed off it and had come after Peter specifically in that issue. However, there was sadly no flashback story that elaborated on said encounter, just Ben revealing that he knew who D'Spayre was and helping Peter beat him. Oh, and for what it's worth, my personal canon is that D'Spayre was f***ing with Ben the whole time Miles Warren was torturously murdering and resurrecting him over and over and that was why Ben came out so f***ed-up and twisted that he ended up going as bad as he did in The Clone Conspiracy, D'Spayre's revenge for Ben beating him before. Plus, he did appear as the main villain in the second season of the Cloak & Dagger TV series, albeit as a human empowered by the same accident that gave Ty Johnson and Tandy Bowen their powers who later ascended to a form of godhood.

P.S. I like Land's rendition of Ben's Spider-Man Beyond costume.
    The spider is always on the hunt.