Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes, it's pretty iconic imo
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I know I had posted this comment before, it may have been in last years appreciation thread, but personally, and I’m probably in the minority, but I think Ben should rock a redesigned Iron-Spider/Scarlet Spider armor. When Superior copied it with the extra arms, and Otto’s suit resembled Ben’s Spidy one, to me that was the perfect design, but regardless.

I would simply recolor all the parts of the suit that were gold, I’d color them the Sweatshirt Blue color, as a throwback to the original colors. But that’s just an idea.
    I've seen some pretty good redesigns there.

The FCBD is out.Has anyone read it?
    Thanks for the reminder.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I expected Ben to be a little more genre savvy. Beyond Corp don't put the slightest effort in concealing they're obviously evil.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I expected Ben to be a little more genre savvy. Beyond Corp don't put the slightest effort in concealing they're obviously evil.
    Gonna read it as soon as it's avail online.I can't find it anywhere
    I mean any Corp should be considered evil until proven otherwise in 616.Like there are less than 5 good companies in the MU

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Gonna read it as soon as it's avail online.I can't find it anywhere
    I mean any Corp should be considered evil until proven otherwise in 616.Like there are less than 5 good companies in the MU
    And even some of those have some pretty bad marks on them when you look deeper into their history, though if you think the corporations in Marvel are bad here and now, you should see what they're like in 2099 when they're literally controlling the planet and running it into the ground in the name of profit . . . which is sadly not far from where we're heading in real life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I cannot get to a comic store, so I’m wondering about the following questions:

(A) Did Ben act like his true self or was it more NuBen?

(B) Were any references made to his recent history, like CC, the PAD series, Spidergeddon or his guest role in Iron-Man?

(C) How many pages was it (strange question, but it will help me decide whether it’s worth driving more than an hour to the nearest comic store or waiting for it to appear online)?

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

First post 'round here so hopefully no one's gonna be weirded out by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Classic Ben, breaking out quips and stuff.

(B) Were any references made to his recent history, like CC, the PAD series, Spidergeddon or his guest role in Iron-Man?
    None whatsoever. We just have him wanting to keep his hoodie at arm's length but Beyond Corp. not liking it.

(C) How many pages was it (strange question, but it will help me decide whether it’s worth driving more than an hour to the nearest comic store or waiting for it to appear online)?
    Just seven pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    First post 'round here so hopefully no one's gonna be weirded out by it.

Classic Ben, breaking out quips and stuff.

None whatsoever. We just have him wanting to keep his hoodie at arm's length but Beyond Corp. not liking it.

Just seven pages.
    Thank you! And welcome. Stick around!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Just read it

1)Quips, like Spider-man.IS there any difference in his and Spider-man's voice that I should look out for?

2)Nope, he's in texas and we don't know why

3)Not really, you can see bleeding cool's article for most of the panels.Everything else is filler

Other things:-

1)He seems incompetent, instead of webbing gun hands away he puts himself in between for no reason not knowing if the suit can take it.Then jams his hands inside the gun barrels hoping the suit can take it.Has be always been bad at the crime-fighting or?
    He seems to have no idea how to handle clean-up as well.

2)The disrespect to the Scarlet Spider hoodie is not good.C'mon man.The new one's symbol looks so weird when it's on the left pec because of drawing as well.

3)I mean Beyond seems evil.

Pretty clear Beyond is gonna f*ck Spider-man,MJ, etc. but from a Ben standpoint it didn't excite at all.There's nothing special here, or even interesting.
    Pains me to see this is what they are gonna do to ASM, when stuff like Venom is getting such good treatment in the same pages.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And even some of those have some pretty bad marks on them when you look deeper into their history, though if you think the corporations in Marvel are bad here and now, you should see what they're like in 2099 when they're literally controlling the planet and running it into the ground in the name of profit . . . which is sadly not far from where we're heading in real life.
    This, like I understand you can't just take corporations out because job and what they may provide, etc. but trusting one with your identity is beyond stupid.

Amazing Member

1)He seems incompetent, instead of webbing gun hands away he puts himself in between for no reason not knowing if the suit can take it.Then jams his hands inside the gun barrels hoping the suit can take it.Has be always been bad at the crime-fighting or?
    He seems to have no idea how to handle clean-up as well.
    It's already explained to you before: He's just Peter having had a diverging life part and different existential thougts and crises due to him thinking/knowing he's a clone. In theory, he was a bit out of shape when he was introduced because for the previous five years he had only fought sporadically, but at the same time, he managed to beat Venom single handedly in his first fight as Scarlet Spider.

If you perceive some flaws in his method, that's just the writer's own competence (according to the reader's opinion, of course) to showcase specific features as demanded by the story. Happens all the time with any character. Same as your insistence that Spider-Man should always be able to take out a group of his usual super villains with no effort: it does depend on the writer, and certainly Spidey has had problems to beat average villains before countless times, for whatever reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    It's already explained to you before: He's just Peter having had a diverging life part and different existential thougts and crises due to him thinking/knowing he's a clone. In theory, he was a bit out of shape when he was introduced because for the previous five years he had only fought sporadically, but at the same time, he managed to beat Venom single handedly in his first fight as Scarlet Spider.

If you perceive some flaws in his method, that's just the writer's own competence (according to the reader's opinion, of course) to showcase specific features as demanded by the story. Happens all the time with any character. Same as your insistence that Spider-Man should always be able to take out a group of his usual super villains with no effort: it does depend on the writer, and certainly Spidey has had problems to beat average villains before countless times, for whatever reasons.
    Dude relax.It's one point among 6-7.
    I'm talking if he has been out of shape recently since lack of being Scarlet Spider.
    Spider-man's done much more than take on one venom, is that supposed to be a high showing?

Yeah, again haven't read him recently so was confused.And I agree actions depend on writers, but with his demeanor and dialogue it seems to push the idea that he doesn't know what he is doing.If you have read the FCBD then come back to this, have you?

Again we have seen multiple higher showing from Spider-man.Like I'd say mid to high double to maybe triple digits in scans that prove Peter can take those guys.I've got a vs battle coming and have been going through his showings recently.That's why I'm so sure about Spider-man.

Incredible Member

Has it been stated how long he had been missing or how much time has passed since Ben was killed by Norman? I know comic time is fluid, and we saw in the Clone Conspiracy how he was revived, but was there an actual time frame of how long he was dead? He would definitely “be out of shape” from crime fighting, even during his return as the Scarlet Spider in Las Vegas, but I didn’t see that as crime fighting, I saw that as Ben merely “surviving”.

Amazing Member

Dude relax.
    I'm not the one who's constantly making the same points message after message. Of course, you are free to write them as much as you want.

And yes, Reilly beating Venom at first try was specifically intended for the writers to be a high showing. It could even be argued that was the sole point of the story from an editorial point of view.

Astonishing Member

This is getting annoying… again.

Can we keep the complaining about Beyond corp to the Beyond thread? SpiderFan, I think we get it. C’mon dude, sometimes it seems like you just want to be the loudest voice in the room, but you keep repeating the same complaints about the storyline (that hasn’t had more than an FCBD preview story yet) than anything substantive about the character himself. You say you’re a Ben fan… and I’m certainly not trying to gate-keep Ben fandom… but I don’t get that from your posts. I’m hoping you can rein it in a bit, and see why some others are starting to get a bit annoyed. I’m sure you have valuable posts to contribute in this thread and look forward to them, but maybe less is more, you know what I’m saying?

Extraordinary Member

I'm not the one who's constantly making the same points message after message. Of course, you are free to write them as much as you want.

And yes, Reilly beating Venom at first try was specifically intended for the writers to be a high showing. It could even be argued that was the sole point of the story from an editorial point of view.
    And please tell me what point I made again and again on this thread that I repeated in the above post.I never said Ben was incompetent, just that the FCBD portrays him as such.

And you ignore most of post for quoting a specific portion, again.

I guess that was impressive when it came out.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-16-2021 at 06:02 AM.