Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I still like his OG suit, but he should get something new to evolve as character, like you said.
    He should get a new suit that embodies every phases of his life. Not exactly, but kind like this one.

Damn near perfect imo. Something like that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    The look of the first few issues of the PAD series wasn't too bad, it was the smirk you could see through the mask that ruined it more than anything. As for the original costume I feel it's aged very well for a costume from the 90s and conveys that he's a more low rent version of Spider-Man...however while I see the appeal in him travelling the states in a lost years-esque I would like the character get his life together somewhere in which case I think a 'proper' costume would be symbolic of that.
    I'm in total agreement that Ben's original costume is emblematic of who he is as a character -- and part of that is its simplicity, I think. If anything, I wouldn't mind Ben having a collection of different colored hoodies -- but the blue one is kinda iconic, to the point that Kaine wore one for an issue when he first became the Scarlet Spider.

-Pav, who wants Scarlet Carnage to be a thing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I started to read his last solo book, i'm actually enjoying the story but can't say i'm liking his character. It's basically two Kaines in the same book, face all weird and everything.

But i found really funny that he got both of his costumes from cosplayers. That's really the best excuse PAD could manage to write?

Astonishing Member

I still like his OG suit, but he should get something new to evolve as character, like you said.
    He should get a new suit that embodies every phases of his life. Not exactly, but kind like this one.

It’s a nice costume, but I love the original low-budget, grungy, baggy sweatshirt look too much. This looks too well put together for Ben.

Astonishing Member

I started to read his last solo book, i'm actually enjoying the story but can't say i'm liking his character. It's basically two Kaines in the same book, face all weird and everything.

But i found really funny that he got both of his costumes from cosplayers. That's really the best excuse PAD could manage to write?
    The first few issues are bad. Ben is an unlikeable jerk. And then issues 6-17 or so are quite good as the stories become tighter and Ben acts more heroic (from Ben fighting Death for Kaine’s life, to the Slingers arc, to the Mysterio fight), then it gets kind of bad again from the Damnation tie-in or so. The art gets worse, the storytelling becomes sloppier and less interesting and Ben starts acting like a bit of a jerk again. And then the last 2 issues are just... trash. If you get that far, you’ll see why. I don’t even count it in continuity. Judging from Spidergeddon, it seems Marvel didn’t either. I think leaving on such a bad note is why a lot of people don’t reflect fondly on PAD’s run now. If I were you I’d stop reading after the Sauron arc (issue 22 or 23).
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 01-08-2021 at 01:51 AM.

I stopped at issue 5, with Kaine and Ben fighting. I'll try to keep reading in the weekend.

But like i said, i'm more interested in the story than his character. I'm want to know what'll happen with the little girl. Good to know that Ben start to act more normal soon after i stopped reading.

After his solo his only apparence is this Spidergeddon?
    Oh, i read that Iron Man issue that came out this week, i liked him much more there, but i don't care at all for Tony Stark nor do i know the other characters or what was happening, so i didn't really had any thoughts about this issue.

Incredible Member

I dig that design.

So, i actually read it all issue of his solo. Y'all weren't lying about the last issues, i didn't liked at all, particularly the end.

I enjoyed the run for the most part, especially after Ben started to act more like a hero. The resolution of Abbys disease with the Angel blood was a little disappointing, i was expecting him to actually create something with the help of the doctor.

The crossover with whatever event Marvel was publishing at the time was the most boring part of all for me, it went all over my head cause i don't really know any of thoses characters, except for the most famous ones. Also, Vegas was completely destroyed in the middle of a issue cause of another event that didn't even were showed in this book. Like "what?".

Oh, the Slingers arc has the most "I thought you were dead?" for issue of all time. It was a good arc tho.

The two last issues were bad, even the art wasn't good. The end was horrible.

So mostly i had a good time reading, nothing special really, but good.
    I'll try to read Spider-Geddon now.

Funny thing, i'm so not used to this characters that i got really confused when Misty got to her father. I had no idea Mysterio was a Leonard Nimoy look alike.

Incredible Member

How long does everyone think Ben was dead before he was revived the first time? I have my issues in storage and I can’t easily get to them at the moment. I was thinking, was it ever stated just how long Ben was dead before the Jackal revived him the fist time and started killing him the other 27 times? Was just wondering how much time had passed between Ben’s death in-universe till his reappearance as the Jackal. I know comic time is rather fluid, and some characters (aka Peter) don’t age due to Marvels sliding time-line.

That thought hit me a little while ago.

Also it makes Me think, If the real Warren/Jackal was able to get to Ben’s death site and get DNA samples, then it’s possible he may have Spider-cide sitting around somewhere in a jar, before Shield recovered his corpse in Maximim Clonage Omega.
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-10-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    How long does everyone think Ben was dead before he was revived the first time? I have my issues in storage and I can’t easily get to them at the moment. I was thinking, was it ever stated just how long Ben was dead before the Jackal revived him the fist time and started killing him the other 27 times? Was just wondering how long has passed between Ben’s death in-universe till his reappearance as the Jackal. I know comic time is rather fluid, and some characters (aka Peter) don’t age due to Marvels sliding time-line.

Also it makes Me think, If the real Warren/Jackal was able to Ben’s death site and get DNA samples, then it’s possible he may have Spider-cide sitting around somewhere in a jar, ����*♂️
    I would legit freak out if Spidercide came back.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Me too, lol. They can modify the character where maybe him being a direct clone of Peter isn’t needed anymore. But I think it would make an interesting ongoing villain for Ben.

Also, has Ben been seen without his mask since his solo run? I think it would have been cool that when he was revived that last time by Otto, that when his current and cured clone body DNA would have d been modified to give Ben his traditional blond haired look to help him physically look different from Peter now, especially since Kaine is taller and bulked than the two.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

How long does everyone think Ben was dead before he was revived the first time? I have my issues in storage and I can’t easily get to them at the moment. I was thinking, was it ever stated just how long Ben was dead before the Jackal revived him the fist time and started killing him the other 27 times? Was just wondering how much time had passed between Ben’s death in-universe till his reappearance as the Jackal. I know comic time is rather fluid, and some characters (aka Peter) don’t age due to Marvels sliding time-line.

Also it makes Me think, If the real Warren/Jackal was able to get to Ben’s death site and get DNA samples, then it’s possible he may have Spider-cide sitting around somewhere in a jar, before Shield recovered his corpse in Maximim Clonage Omega.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Same. I was looking forward to Chris Yost possibly bringing him back as an antagonist for Kaine (and figuring it might have been him dressed up in Ben's costume in the following issue of Scarlet Spider) when he had Warren/Jackal in the Scarlet Spider/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up crossover declare something to the effect of, "Spidercide 2.0!" Alas . . .

Me too, lol. They can modify the character where maybe him being a direct clone of Peter isn’t needed anymore. But I think it would make an interesting ongoing villain for Ben.

Also, has Ben been seen without his mask since his solo run? I think it would have been cool that when he was revived that last time by Otto, that when his current and cured clone body DNA would have d been modified to give Ben his traditional blond haired look to help him physically look different from Peter now, especially since Kaine is taller and bulked than the two.
    Sadly, no. Both times he's been seen in the comics since Spider-Geddon ended, he's been in full costume. That said, him dyeing his hair blond again would be nice as a way to distinguish him from Peter. I was even hoping that would have happened when he got his face fixed by Death after their encounter where she explained to him the condition of his soul, given all the references people kept making to his hair seeming different, but no.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Ah that sucks. I was hoping that they would have visually “restored him”to the iconic Ben appearance by now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ah that sucks. I was hoping that they would have visually “restored him”to the iconic Ben appearance by now.
    Yeah, agreed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’s a nice costume, but I love the original low-budget, grungy, baggy sweatshirt look too much. This looks too well put together for Ben.
    Same here, the OG Scarlet Spider suit is the best of the lot, IMO.

I also loved Kaine's version.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."