Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

This is spectacular . . . no, sensational . . . news!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    If it sells well we'll definitely get more like the Symbiote Spider-Man mini's.
    Hopefully, that first issue has a great Artgerm variant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    If it sells well we'll definitely get more like the Symbiote Spider-Man mini's.
    It will IMO, the writer alone makes sure of that.If they do, hopefully it's the same creative team like Symbiote.
    I do wonder how much they can fit in though, symbiote series ends w/ a mind wipe most of the times, and symbiote itself makes any memory Peter should have had an excuse since it f'ed him up.
    They can't use his cast w/out creating plot holes if they aren't careful , I sure DeMatties can pull it off though.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It will IMO, the writer alone makes sure of that.If they do, hopefully it's the same creative team like Symbiote.
    I do wonder how much they can fit in though, symbiote series ends w/ a mind wipe most of the times, and symbiote itself makes any memory Peter should have had an excuse since it f'ed him up.
    They can't use his cast w/out creating plot holes if they aren't careful , I sure DeMatties can pull it off though.
    Ben's supporting cast is all but forgotten so JDM is going to have a whole lot of wiggle room here. He won't have to mindwipe anyone or find a way to sweep it all under the rug because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in Daily Grind/Jessica Carradine/Janine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Ben's supporting cast is all but forgotten so JDM is going to have a whole lot of wiggle room here. He won't have to mindwipe anyone or find a way to sweep it all under the rug because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in Daily Grind/Jessica Carradine/Janine.
    Unless it’s a self-contained adventure where he’s in the union suit from beginning to end, then he has to incorporate them at least in some fleeting way. It takes place during the time he was working at the Grind and interacting with those people. I for one am very interested in seeing that cast again, even if it’s just a handful of panels. I think many Ben fans feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I for one am very interested in seeing that cast again, even if it’s just a handful of panels. I think many Ben fans feel the same way.
    Oh yeah, since my post probably gave off the wrong impression, I meant anyone actually writing for Marvel - every time we've seen some form of Ben back whether in Spider-Verse, CC, or now this, we don't catch even a whiff of these characters.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah, since my post probably gave off the wrong impression, I meant anyone actually writing for Marvel - every time we've seen some form of Ben back whether in Spider-Verse, CC, or now this, we don't catch even a whiff of these characters.
    Funnily enough, Slott included Desiree in a flashback panel when Ben first came back during Clone Conspiracy. I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence), so we’ll probably see some. Hard to shoehorn in Janine during the Spider-Ben era, unless it’s Ben visiting her in prison after she turned herself in after ‘Redemption’ though.

Funnily enough, Slott included Desiree in a flashback panel when Ben first came back during Clone Conspiracy. I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence), so we’ll probably see some. Hard to shoehorn in Janine during the Spider-Ben era, unless it’s Ben visiting her in prison after she turned herself in after ‘Redemption’ though.
    Ben visiting her in prison could work, and I would like to see what became of her in Beyond.

I think JMD has real love for these characters (I doubt PAD was even aware of their existence)
    The funny thing is that, if we go out there, JDM has never written them, has he (Janine aside, obviously)? I liked Redemption and all, but from my memory the Daily Grind cast didn't show up and Ben saying everyone he met were irrelevant kinda struck the wrong chord with me. I know the point is that he loved Janine that much, but still.

Either way, he does like Ben enough that I'm sure he'd be happy just to actually work with everything that was going on with him at that time one way or another.

Astonishing Member

The funny thing is that, if we go out there, JDM has never written them, has he (Janine aside, obviously)? I liked Redemption and all, but from my memory the Daily Grind cast didn't show up and Ben saying everyone he met were irrelevant kinda struck the wrong chord with me. I know the point is that he loved Janine that much, but still.

Either way, he does like Ben enough that I'm sure he'd be happy just to actually work with everything that was going on with him at that time one way or another.
    Yes, you’re correct. ‘Redemption’ came so late in the clone saga (and plans to kill Ben) that the project was almost cancelled. Can you imagine such a stellar story never seeing the light of day? Anyway, if it takes place post-Redemption I really wonder if we’ll see a still non-powered (or sporadically powered) Peter and pregnant MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, you’re correct. ‘Redemption’ came so late in the clone saga (and plans to kill Ben) that the project was almost cancelled. Can you imagine such a stellar story never seeing the light of day? Anyway, if it takes place post-Redemption I really wonder if we’ll see a still non-powered (or sporadically powered) Peter and pregnant MJ.
    My guess is that depends on 74, and how all that works.Although he may sneak it in even if it doesn't work in continiuity.

So I put off posting this for a while since news of JDM's Ben Reilly book came out, but all those years back in preparation for PAD's Scarlet Spider series I did a DIY monstrosity on how the series could go - if it's way too off-topic and whatnot just let me know or let moderation cast their hammer. Ironically enough, I did get ONE thing right way ahead of time most people didn't see coming. This is Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders, featuring Ben, Kaine, Aracely, the Scrier, and... no way, could it be?!

Since CBR allows only three images per post that's a sample, and the rest is in the link below.

Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders

Fantastic Member

So I put off posting this for a while since news of JDM's Ben Reilly book came out, but all those years back in preparation for PAD's Scarlet Spider series I did a DIY monstrosity on how the series could go - if it's way too off-topic and whatnot just let me know or let moderation cast their hammer. Ironically enough, I did get ONE thing right way ahead of time most people didn't see coming. This is Hummingbird's Champions The Scarlet Spiders, featuring Ben, Kaine, Aracely, the Scrier, and... no way, could it be?!

Since CBR allows only three images per post that's a sample, and the rest is in the link below.

This is absolutely *brilliantly* written and totally hilarious. How are you not doing this professionally?!!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

Hummingbird is way overdue for a return (then again, so is Kaine at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    This is absolutely *brilliantly* written and totally hilarious. How are you not doing this professionally?!!
    Hummingbird is way overdue for a return (then again, so is Kaine at this point).
    Agreed. Would love to see all three of them together, too.