Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

has there ever been a non-clone "Ben Reilly" (still with Aunt May & Uncle Ben Reilly) from another dimension who gained his powers like 616 Peter? Just wondering. they could get beyond all the clone stuff once and for all.

Incredible Member

Double post by accident….
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-09-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there ever been a non-clone "Ben Reilly" (still with Aunt May & Uncle Ben Reilly) from another dimension who gained his powers like 616 Peter? Just wondering. they could get beyond all the clone stuff once and for all.
    But why would us Ben fans want that? Lol.

But honestly, I guess just the three movie universes (Toby, Garfield and Tom currently) are clone free.

Astonishing Member

Why would they want to do that? Him being a clone is part of his charm.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't Ben's entire thing being a clone.Wouldn't it just be Peter Parker w/out that but w/ a diff. name?

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spitting

(new pfp as well,right? Kindred's cosplaying who in that)

Judas Traveller, Mr. Almost Got-to-do-it-all on the Clone Saga, but the remaining creative teams by the time they wrapped it up cared so little about him they let an Assistant Editor (who was plenty passionate about his job and tied up a myriad of Clone Saga loose ends) write him out as a mutant when he seemed like an absolute supernatural powerhouse.

I keep him alive for the memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    He told me on Twitter that he's a big fan of the character, which is why he wanted to use him in the first place. I certainly appreciated how well he nailed Ben's voice.
    Well, I'll be damned. I don't know how will this Beyond stuff pan out in the end, but if that's the case I wouldn't mind see him using Ben more. He definitely felt like the most in-character Ben since the 90s.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

it's actually possible in that alternate reality way.

in 616 original peter woke up and went back to mj while clone peter exiled himself to the road. that was due to the jackal's equipment "figuring out" which was which and setting them on their paths.

all you need is for the jackal's equipment to work differently, or for norman to not interfere and you have a 50/50 chance of either the clone or the original staying as spider-man.

for arguments sake, we know earth 616 ben is a clone. we know earth 95 is a clone. earth 199606 ben believes he's a clone, but it's hinted in that story he's the original. 91101 is also ambiguous.

even though all bens went on the road, not all bens need to have been clones.
    Last edited by boots; 10-09-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Traveller as Kindred might’ve been cooler, more controversial and even more obscure than having him be the Stacy twins.

Astonishing Member

Some have speculated that the Spider-Man who died at the beginning of ‘Into the Spider-Verse’ was Ben Reilly due to the blonde hair. I dunno…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

Judas Traveller, Mr. Almost Got-to-do-it-all on the Clone Saga, but the remaining creative teams by the time they wrapped it up cared so little about him they let an Assistant Editor (who was plenty passionate about his job and tied up a myriad of Clone Saga loose ends) write him out as a mutant when he seemed like an absolute supernatural powerhouse.

I keep him alive for the memes.
    A noble quest, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Some have speculated that the Spider-Man who died at the beginning of ‘Into the Spider-Verse’ was Ben Reilly due to the blonde hair. I dunno…
    Nah he was just blonde IMO.Everything from the name to MJ and May.It was to draw more of a diff/ b/w him and Peter B. Parker as well.

I would like to see him in ITSV2 though.Peter B. Parker finding a Ben who thinks he's Peter since the real Peter died in the time they thought he was the clone.Peter B. Parker's been through the saga in this, and has to break it to him.That would be heart-breaking.

Also I don't remember the thread where people were saying Ben can't be unprivileged or something like that because he's a white blonde but can someone explain to me how that makes sense?What was the point being made or am I misremembering.
    Because if we're talking Spider-characters Miles is the most priviliged character in the mythos.Guy gets everything handed to him on a silver platter and that shouldn't be the case acc. to this logic.

Astonishing Member

I always thought if Traveller looked a bit less like he walked off a hippie commune, the character might have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I always thought if Traveller looked a bit less like he walked off a hippie commune, the character might have worked.
    Same. Scrier was clearly the cooler of the two characters.

-Pav, who knows that isn't saying much...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    A noble quest, keep it up.

Nah he was just blonde IMO.Everything from the name to MJ and May.It was to draw more of a diff/ b/w him and Peter B. Parker as well.

I would like to see him in ITSV2 though.Peter B. Parker finding a Ben who thinks he's Peter since the real Peter died in the time they thought he was the clone.Peter B. Parker's been through the saga in this, and has to break it to him.That would be heart-breaking.

Also I don't remember the thread where people were saying Ben can't be unprivileged or something like that because he's a white blonde but can someone explain to me how that makes sense?What was the point being made or am I misremembering.
    Because if we're talking Spider-characters Miles is the most priviliged character in the mythos.Guy gets everything handed to him on a silver platter and that shouldn't be the case acc. to this logic.
    I doubt they will do that in ITSV2, not to say it's almost nil that will happen, in such a case of Ben appearing in that movie he will probably appear in a better form. Regarding Ben being a blond white male with privilege, that was just a silly thing said by a user who considers himself a minority, which I don't remember his name honestly, and as you said it yourself it's just nonsensical idiocy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    I doubt they will do that in ITSV2, not to say it's almost nil that will happen, in such a case of Ben appearing in that movie he will probably appear in a better form. Regarding Ben being a blond white male with privilege, that was just a silly thing said by a user who considers himself a minority, which I don't remember his name honestly, and as you said it yourself it's just nonsensical idiocy.
    Could you describe on what you feel would be a more proper form for Ben in the ITSV movies?
    And thanks for clarifying on the other thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Regarding Ben being a blond white male with privilege, that was just a silly thing said by a user who considers himself a minority, which I don't remember his name honestly, and as you said it yourself it's just nonsensical idiocy.

Be friendly and respectful or begone.

-Pav, who knows everyone needs the reminder sometimes...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details