Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it's like the alternate reality i missed out on as a kid. i'm in.
    Would have been a great alternate reality to see in Spider Wars, the series finale of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Would have been a great alternate reality to see in Spider Wars, the series finale of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.
    i kinda more meant an irl alt reality where budiansky decided to stick with ben as spidey, but yeah i see that too.

i didn't mind their take on ben and spider-carnage though, which in a weird way, was still open to the "ben is the original" possibility. you'd imagine he'd have gone on to take over as spidey of his universe.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Spider-Carnage seems to be the most enduring Ben storyline that is totally NOT related to any Clone Saga mythology. Even people unaware of Ben probably recognize the Spider-Carnage look. Maybe they should do a sequel…

i mean, it's a fun design...i can totally see why it has legs.

would not be surprised if jdm does a sequel of sorts, even though he's not a fan of symbiotes.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Spider-Carnage seems to be the most enduring Ben storyline that is totally NOT related to any Clone Saga mythology. Even people unaware of Ben probably recognize the Spider-Carnage look. Maybe they should do a sequel…
    i mean, it's a fun design...i can totally see why it has legs.

would not be surprised if jdm does a sequel of sorts, even though he's not a fan of symbiotes.
    I've always preferred Ben's Scarlet Spider look above all other costumes, but the Spider-Carnage look definitely gives it a run for its money. I could see some kind of sequel or return of Spider-Carnage based solely on how cool the look is.

-Pav, who really wants an official "Scarlet Carnage" look though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

That'd just be the red symbiote suit with the blue hoodie still over it, right?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

i kinda more meant an irl alt reality where budiansky decided to stick with ben as spidey, but yeah i see that too.

i didn't mind their take on ben and spider-carnage though, which in a weird way, was still open to the "ben is the original" possibility. you'd imagine he'd have gone on to take over as spidey of his universe.
    Probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I'd also like to see a follow-up with the 90s animated version of Ben having to return to a reality devastated by his twin and redeem the name of Spider-Man there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd also like to see a follow-up with the 90s animated version of Ben having to return to a reality devastated by his twin and redeem the name of Spider-Man there.
    I had that same conversation just yesterday with my brother, after I read the announcement about the X-Men cartoon revival.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I've always preferred Ben's Scarlet Spider look above all other costumes, but the Spider-Carnage look definitely gives it a run for its money. I could see some kind of sequel or return of Spider-Carnage based solely on how cool the look is.

Wow, a rare moment where I must disagree with Pav where Ben is concerned. His Scarlet Spider look may be iconic, but it isn't great. Don't get me wrong, I like it. It very much works with Ben's personality at the time, with that homespun, off the rack vibe. I think if it was refined and updated a bit it could be quite good. His Sensational suit, however, is my 2nd favorite comic book costume of all time (after Wally Wood's DD design).

The new look is growing on me, but isn't there yet.

That said, I agree that Spider-Carnage is a great visual. And one of Ben's strongest stories to boot. It's one of the few Carnage stories I actually enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I had that same conversation just yesterday with my brother, after I read the announcement about the X-Men cartoon revival.
    Wow, that's pretty cool.

Astonishing Member

Before being impaled by Norman's glider Ben dodged a really big bullet

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-reill...er-man-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Before being impaled by Norman's glider Ben dodged a really big bullet

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-reill...er-man-marvel/
    Yeah, no offense to Jurgens, but Marvel definitely picked the better Spider-Ben costume when they went with Bagley's design. I don't like all that negative space between the small spider symbol on the chest and his boots. (Also, why a "half belt" on his back???)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Watch it be his new costume after Beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Watch it be his new costume after Beyond...
    God forbid. Granted, I do like elements of the costume, like the messy webbing and the way all the red bits of the suit look like webs, but other than that? Ehhhhh. Either give him a brand new suit or give him the Sensational suit back. (Or keep the Beyond suit)

Phew... I'm glad we got classic Spider-Ben suit. This one here looks even worse than rightfully hated "new" Scarlet Spider suit.

edit: Beyond suit is fine. Nothing will ever beat classic Spider-Ben, not even classic Spider-Peter, but Beyond is nice. It reminds me a little of the old one, I like it. But I'm hoping Ben, somewhere along the way, is going to come back to his old webs (made from scratch by Janine of course!).
    Last edited by Reilly; 11-19-2021 at 12:10 PM.