Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Ha I love it! Did you make this?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Ha I love it! Did you make this?
    Nah, I found it on DeviantArt.

Sorry, it was late and I forgot to post the accompanying link, my bad -

https://www.deviantart.com/wyattstop...mily-869430821

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That is pretty cute. And funny. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is pretty cute. And funny. Thanks for sharing.
    Any time, my friend.

Poor Ben and Kaine don't receive nearly as much love as they deserve either within the fandom or from Marvel/Disney these days.

Any time, my friend.

Poor Ben and Kaine don't receive nearly as much love as they deserve either within the fandom or from Marvel/Disney these days.
    Agreed. The Clone Saga might've been an overall disaster, but Ben and Kaine were some of the better parts of it, at least when J.M. DeMatteis was writing them.

Incredible Member

Any time, my friend.

Well they are both alive and sane. That's a better position than they've been in throughout most of their post/clone saga history.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Well they are both alive and sane. That's a better position than they've been in throughout most of their post/clone saga history.
    Fair enough, and hopefully Ben survives his stint in Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post

Personally I think the problem with the lack of usage stems from the fact that both characters fall under the purview of the Spidey office and I think for the most part they're pretty set on the characters they're trying to push/focus on (miles, Ghost Spider, Silk, Venom, etc) which leaves Ben and Kaine left twisting in the wind for the most part.

It probably won't happen but if there aren't really any plans in the Spidey office for them I'd like to see more opportunities explored outside of that office such as when Kaine joined up with the New Warriors or appearing in somebody else's ongoing for an arc or couple of issues like what they're doing with Ben in Iron Man.

If they ever do another Thunderbolts ongoing I think Ben or Kaine would be a good addition as roster members as redemption is often a theme explored in that title and would be an appropriate fit for both characters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Personally I think the problem with the lack of usage stems from the fact that both characters fall under the purview of the Spidey office and I think for the most part they're pretty set on the characters they're trying to push/focus on (miles, Ghost Spider, Silk, Venom, etc) which leaves Ben and Kaine left twisting in the wind for the most part.

It probably won't happen but if there aren't really any plans in the Spidey office for them I'd like to see more opportunities explored outside of that office such as when Kaine joined up with the New Warriors or appearing in somebody else's ongoing for an arc or couple of issues like what they're doing with Ben in Iron Man.

If they ever do another Thunderbolts ongoing I think Ben or Kaine would be a good addition as roster members as redemption is often a theme explored in that title and would be an appropriate fit for both characters at this point.
    Either of the Scarlet Spiders as a Thunderbolt would be interesting to see.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Either of the Scarlet Spiders as a Thunderbolt would be interesting to see.

I'm wondering if Kaine was given any consideration for a roster spot when Charles Soule had his run on the book when Red Hulk lead the team Ultimately i can understand why they went with Flash over Kaine as the Spider person on the team but you can't tell me Kaine didn't check all the boxes for what they were going for there other than that he's not as popular a character as the others they went with.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I'm wondering if Kaine was given any consideration for a roster spot when Charles Soule had his run on the book when Red Hulk lead the team Ultimately i can understand why they went with Flash over Kaine as the Spider person on the team but you can't tell me Kaine didn't check all the boxes for what they were going for there other than that he's not as popular a character as the others they went with.
    He would have fit right in without having to change the color of his costume.

Astonishing Member

Not really a big spoiler, but Ben survived the explosion in Iron-Man #5. He also gets more screen time in Iron-Man #6. Although there’s not really any cool clone saga Easter eggs, the writer seems pretty respectful of Ben as a character. He’s not treated as a joke and is shown to be pretty righteous and selfless like a hero should act. The only minor nitpick is his spider sense isn’t quite depicted correctly (Ben was saved from the explosion by another character. When yet another character asks him why his SS didn’t warn him, he says it was too distracted by the other henchmen on their tails to detect the bomb. In actuality, both Peter and Ben’s SS has been shown in the past to be a lot more sensitive and able to distinguish between specific threats... like I said, no biggie.)

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not really a big spoiler, but Ben survived the explosion in Iron-Man #5. He also gets more screen time in Iron-Man #6. Although there’s not really any cool clone saga Easter eggs, the writer seems pretty respectful of Ben as a character. He’s not treated as a joke and is shown to be pretty righteous and selfless like a hero should act. The only minor nitpick is his spider sense isn’t quite depicted correctly (Ben was saved from the explosion by another character. When yet another character asks him why his SS didn’t warn him, he says it was too distracted by the other henchmen on their tails to detect the bomb. In actuality, both Peter and Ben’s SS has been shown in the past to be a lot more sensitive and able to distinguish between specific threats... like I said, no biggie.)
    My general impression as well, and as for Ben's spider-sense not being depicted correctly, it largely seems to depend on the particular writer how sensitive his (and by extension, Peter's) spider-sense is.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    That’s not quite what he said. He had said that he assumed it was going off because they were about to run into some henchman or Korvak himself rather than the threat he was being warned about being a bomb. So it wasn’t a matter of it being depicted wrong, just Ben assuming a different threat than what it was.