Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    March ones could tell us where this is headed but Yeah April solicits will be where it's at.
    Although if he's not dead I'm not sure if his next thing would pick up right after but here's hoping.

And Peter's 60th and new creative team is something I can't wait for.
    As long as they don't kill him I don't care if they pick up riht after Ben arc in Neyond ends.

Can't wait to the new creative team reveal for Peter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I never thought I’d say this, but I’m a bit burnt out on Ben… at least modern-day Ben. When he’s not portrayed as evil or Deadpool-Lite like in CC/PAD’s run, he’s depicted as boring/generic/inexperienced which is happening a bit in Beyond. So I’ll give a new Ben book a shot, but the writing needs to be good and interesting. I waited 20 years for him to come back and now sometimes I wish he hadn’t as his legacy as a tragic hero cast a more interesting shadow over the books (and characters like Kaine) than what they’ve done with him since CC. There have been some good Ben moments since he’s come back, but not enough to warrant a drastic change in his status quo. Anyway I’m looking forward to JMD’s untold tales mini about Ben. I have a feeling that will be great at least.

Unfortunately with Marvel & writing Ben I view it as they need to prove they can crawl before they walk & ultimately run & what that means is that we're going to get some average but not inoffensive stories before we hopefully get some great ones.

It also wouldn't hurt for Marvel to put some actual creative behind Ben who're genuinely interested in writing the character rather than folks who view him as just another assignment or their first or best crack at writing a big Marvel property like ASM.

Unfortunately cosigned

Also I have a feeling Ben may get trapped on the other side of Door Z and maybe we'll get something from that
    i think if beyond was our first actual ben story since the 90s, it wouldn't feel so underwhelming (and it would also take on a bit more of a dramatic turn as his actual return) but CC and the PAD series kinda took the wind out of the sails.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Between Maxine's "Nuclear Option" comments, the Arthur Adams alternative covers for #86 and the solicit text itself I'm pretty worried for Ben.

• This is one of those comics that you will remember for years to come.
    • Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.

Some of AA covers show Ben kinda dissolving

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Between Maxine's "Nuclear Option" comments, the Arthur Adams alternative covers for #86 and the solicit text itself I'm pretty worried for Ben.

Yeah, that does sound greatly worrying.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I need Beyond's March advance solicits now! I reckon they could drop this week

Extraordinary Member

I need Beyond's March advance solicits now! I reckon they could drop this week
    Cosigned

Need them so bad

Astonishing Member

So, Dark Reign is before or after ASM 81? Miles and Ben seem to be in good terms with each other there

Extraordinary Member

So, Dark Reign is before or after ASM 81? Miles and Ben seem to be in good terms with each other there
    Has to be after, before doesn't make sense.

Also Beyond could wrap this up in minutes if this the Beyond Corp from nextwave

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Devil's Reign, actually. Dark Reign was Norman Osborn, though given his current role in Ravencroft and still being "cleansed" of his sins for the time being . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

We know he'll be around after so I'm not too concerned, unless they so some cloning sh*t

Astonishing Member

We know he'll be around after so I'm not too concerned, unless they so some cloning sh*t
    Well… actually we don’t know that. I think he’ll be, but this is ultimately Peter Parker’s book, not Ben Reilly’s. It is conceivable they might kill him again (as dumb as that’d be).

Extraordinary Member

Well… actually we don’t know that. I think he’ll be, but this is ultimately Peter Parker’s book, not Ben Reilly’s. It is conceivable they might kill him again (as dumb as that’d be).
    No I meant after 86, we know he's going to be around for Queen Goblin stuff.After Beyond I have no clue yet

Incredible Member

They kill off Ben again and I’m pretty much done with all the Spider-Man books, outside of Miles and Miguel forever (again). When they killed Ben back off in 1997, I didn’t buy another Spider-MSN issue until his unmasking in Civil War.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    They kill off Ben again and I’m pretty much done with all the Spider-Man books, outside of Miles and Miguel forever (again). When they killed Ben back off in 1997, I didn’t buy another Spider-MSN issue until his unmasking in Civil War.
    I have to ask, if they don't kill of Ben and instead give him a solo, will you still read ASM after Beyond?