Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Two things for me. I really really love Ben and I have a serious Peter burnout right now. I love the guy since before I could read, but I'm a little tired of him not accomplishing a thing.
    Same, though I'm more tired of Marvel retconning out his accomplishments and milestones because they think he's more "marketable" or "relatable" as a sad-sack hard-luck case.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Hmm, yeah, a bit more crazed than usual, to say the least. Maybe the interior art will do her better.

Astonishing Member

I dunno, I’m digging this artist’s style. Glad to see Carolyn making a comeback both here and in the present-day books. Underrated character with a unique look.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I dunno, I’m digging this artist’s style. Glad to see Carolyn making a comeback both here and in the present-day books. Underrated character with a unique look.
    That's cool, and yeah, I'm glad to see her come back, too. However, I think a good villainous plot for her would be if she tried marketing her hyper-advanced VR tech from her 90s comics appearances. She could be using it to get into people's homes for purposes of stealing valuable information through neural interfaces, or even (subtly) controlling people's minds by using the neural interfaces to manipulate their thought processes or their very memories.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 12-15-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Hoping for some advance solicits soon. I'm tepid with anticipation for Ben's fate

Hoping for some advance solicits soon. I'm tepid with anticipation for Ben's fate
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ben-...ss-1-spoilers/

Ben's future after Beyond

I'd like if he reclaimed the Scarlet Spider moniker as well but they probably wouldn't tease that if he did

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

I'd like if he reclaimed the Scarlet Spider moniker as well but they probably wouldn't tease that if he did
    So like we thought, Ben will get a spinoff book after the beyond era, I Wonder if Zeb will write it.

Astonishing Member

People should actually be happy with Ben going to “La La Land.” Why? We knew he was not permanently replacing Peter ( or even Miles), and there will be an ongoing Ben Reilly comic to read. Plus this: If you think about it there were two alternate scenarios that would have been worse. 1:He could have been made the bad guy when Beyond Ends and end up with nothing ( Parker memories included). 2: He could have been knocked off.

Astonishing Member

Huh? But the Ben Reilly series the BC article mentions is DeMatteis’ Untold Tales mini, meaning it doesn’t take place in the present day. So maybe BC is a bit confused? Still… interesting he’s staying in the Spidey suit. Although it probably means Ben is moving there because he had yet another falling out with Peter… which frankly I’m tired of. I want him and Peter (and Kaine) to be bros.

I'm glad he won't be killed off. But I'm still worried about the ending of Beyond Era. I don't want Ben and Peter to be fighting again, they should be on good terms (Kaine included).

From what it looks, Ben is not going to be Scarlet Spider but Spider-Man and I'm actually happy about it. It does not make to me any big difference (Scarlet Spider is as cool as Spider-Man, imo), but it's cool he stays with Spider-Man moniker. Ben Reilly: Sensational Spider-Man... It sound just right.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Guys, remember when Marvel tried to launch new Spider titles coming off big events - namely Spider-Island, Clone Conspiracy and Spider-Geddon?

Remember how in each and every one of these launches, they placed the new protagonists away from New York?

Remember how in each and every one of these launches the books lasted more than 2 years?

'cuz I can't remember that last one.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Guys, remember when Marvel tried to launch new Spider titles coming off big events - namely Spider-Island, Clone Conspiracy and Spider-Geddon?

Remember how in each and every one of these launches, they placed the new protagonists away from New York?

Remember how in each and every one of these launches the books lasted more than 2 years?

'cuz I can't remember that last one.
    Tbf Not being in New York wasn't the reason they didn't last

Need to see the creative team before speculating

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Tbf Not being in New York wasn't the reason they didn't last
    Yeah, it just might not be the deciding factor, no, but Kaine/Ben/Otto all worked fairly well being in Peter's periphery. In common all of those books have is that they barely dealt with Peter if at all. Doing it the exact same way a fourth time really just seems like acceptance that "yeah, this is at best getting 24 issues, we might just get that much more out before pretending these characters don't exist again".

Also in common with those is that all of these three books ended with their respective Spider-guys having what you can reasonably call a "bad ending", with Kaine's, somehow, being the better one out of the three. If we get the exact same pattern once more... well, see the point above.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.