Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

I would really like to see Ben or Kaine on the Avengers primarily because of how Spider-man is used on those teams. Peter is either a jokester or he's the tech guy when Iron man isn't around. So in this scenario you put someone on the team who is just as smart but applies it in a more grounded way like Ben. This can also lead to scenarios where Ben might be able to emphasize with a villain in order to stop them rather than giving a heroic speech or punch them. I'd have Ben get to know characters like you know how you'd have a supervillain prison? Ben is the warden. Ben gets to know the bad guys and help them climb out of the Hell's they live in because he's lived that and been on the receiving end of Kaine. He knows what it's like to not be in your right mind and because he's been on both sides of the fence he's seen how that affects people as much as the people they fight.

Avenger is a term for exacting punishment for a wrong so with all these heavy hitters you have that guy who is going to play "good cop" with you and because he's not Peter who keeps people at arms length, he's going to be with that villain every step of the way.

At least that's my spontaneous pitch if he could be put on a team.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Avengers would be a great place to give Ben some much needed focus and attention.
    I also think he'd fit in well with the more grumpy and misfit Defenders as a "straight man" to their big and difficult personalities.
    It makes me think a team of Spider-characters having their own team would be fun. Like Slingers was, but use characters like Ben, Venom, Black Cat, more of an A and B listers team.

Extraordinary Member

Personally I feel Ben is way to similar to Pete to be used in a team-book where he will be a literal Spider-man clone.I would rather give him a solo to help differentiate and identify Ben as a seperate identity to the casual reader or pair him with Peter to get contrast in their personality.I feel he does not belong in a team and the recent appearence in Iron Man only solidifies my belief.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I would really like to see Ben or Kaine on the Avengers primarily because of how Spider-man is used on those teams. Peter is either a jokester or he's the tech guy when Iron man isn't around. So in this scenario you put someone on the team who is just as smart but applies it in a more grounded way like Ben. This can also lead to scenarios where Ben might be able to emphasize with a villain in order to stop them rather than giving a heroic speech or punch them. I'd have Ben get to know characters like you know how you'd have a supervillain prison? Ben is the warden. Ben gets to know the bad guys and help them climb out of the Hell's they live in because he's lived that and been on the receiving end of Kaine. He knows what it's like to not be in your right mind and because he's been on both sides of the fence he's seen how that affects people as much as the people they fight.

Avenger is a term for exacting punishment for a wrong so with all these heavy hitters you have that guy who is going to play "good cop" with you and because he's not Peter who keeps people at arms length, he's going to be with that villain every step of the way.

At least that's my spontaneous pitch if he could be put on a team.
    "The Avengers would be a great place to give Ben some much needed focus and attention.
    I also think he'd fit in well with the more grumpy and misfit Defenders as a "straight man" to their big and difficult personalities.
    It makes me think a team of Spider-characters having their own team would be fun. Like Slingers was, but use characters like Ben, Venom, Black Cat, more of an A and B listers team."

I feel like Ben should not be an avengers since Peter was and that just makes them more similar.I can see him working on a more dark and grounded team like a dark defenders where he plays the one good huy.

Astonishing Member

Avengers are way too mainstream for Ben or Kaine. A ragtag outfit like New Warriors was a good fit for both of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Avengers are way too mainstream for Ben or Kaine. A ragtag outfit like New Warriors was a good fit for both of them.
    Amen.Like Jason with The outlaws.THese characters thrive in rag-tag groups

he should be on some version of thunderbolts
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Amen.Like Jason with The outlaws.THese characters thrive in rag-tag groups
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Considering that the New Warriors were his first team, I could see him going back there. Thunderbolts could work, too, if sticking to the spirit of the original run where they did eventually try to honestly be heroes and redeem themselves for their past crimes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The Avengers would be a great place to give Ben some much needed focus and attention.
    It makes me think a team of Spider-characters having their own team would be fun. Like Slingers was, but use characters like Ben, Venom, Black Cat, more of an A and B listers team.
    It might be interesting to eventually see Ben become an Avenger -- it's not like he doesn't have history with the team from his time as Spidey -- and it would be fun to see his reaction to making it to the big leagues.

But I do prefer the idea of Ben -- and Kaine -- becoming members of a more traditional Defenders team. I actually thinking playing up the angle of them being "clone bros" in a team book might provide some excellent exposure and highlight why both Ben and Kaine are such interesting characters. I can imagine the banter between them irritating the team to no end, but I also imagine both Ben and Kaine proving themselves as indispensable members of the team.

Obviously they both have history with the New Warriors -- and despite my love for the Slingers -- I do sometimes think this team does present the best fit. That being said, Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with the team. Personally, I could even see Peter himself leading a new era for the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It makes sense from a storytelling standpoint -- especially for Kaine -- but I can't say it's my first choice. Still, it'd be better than nothing.

My love for the Slingers and my belief that Ben and Kaine belong on the team is nothing new to you fine folks, and despite the flaws of the series, PAD at least was decent enough to give us a lot of beautiful team-up action between Ben and Ricochet -- plus quite a lot of Dusk, as well!

But y'know what might be fun? What if Ben and Kaine each had a team? Would their brotherly grudge lead to a rift between the Slingers and the New Warriors, for example?

Could be fun.

-Pav, who has enjoyed seeing Ben as a member of Iron Man's current "team"...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    It might be interesting to eventually see Ben become an Avenger -- it's not like he doesn't have history with the team from his time as Spidey -- and it would be fun to see his reaction to making it to the big leagues.

But I do prefer the idea of Ben -- and Kaine -- becoming members of a more traditional Defenders team. I actually thinking playing up the angle of them being "clone bros" in a team book might provide some excellent exposure and highlight why both Ben and Kaine are such interesting characters. I can imagine the banter between them irritating the team to no end, but I also imagine both Ben and Kaine proving themselves as indispensable members of the team.

Obviously they both have history with the New Warriors -- and despite my love for the Slingers -- I do sometimes think this team does present the best fit. That being said, Marvel doesn't seem to know what to do with the team. Personally, I could even see Peter himself leading a new era for the Warriors.

It makes sense from a storytelling standpoint -- especially for Kaine -- but I can't say it's my first choice. Still, it'd be better than nothing.

My love for the Slingers and my belief that Ben and Kaine belong on the team is nothing new to you fine folks, and despite the flaws of the series, PAD at least was decent enough to give us a lot of beautiful team-up action between Ben and Ricochet -- plus quite a lot of Dusk, as well!

But y'know what might be fun? What if Ben and Kaine each had a team? Would their brotherly grudge lead to a rift between the Slingers and the New Warriors, for example?

Could be fun.

-Pav, who has enjoyed seeing Ben as a member of Iron Man's current "team"...
    I would love to have Ben and Kaine on a team together. I feel like it's too much to ask for to get them both but I want it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Question to Ben's fans:

In which superteam(s) would you like to see Ben as a member, and why?

Related question: would you want Kaine on that team as well?

-Pav, who is curious of others' opinions...
    A more correctly rebuilt New Warriors team. As stated, that was his first team.
    I also thought Thunderbolts as a secondary option.
    Getting him out of New York so as to not overcrowd with Peter/Miles I could even see Agents of Atlas as a distant third option.
    If Champions hadn't been reformatted as a teen book I'd have said that.
    The concept of Force Works is one I like if that ever resurfaced.
    Staying with that idea I think Wild Pack w/Silver Sable might make for a nice home.

I'm now done overthinking this question.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A more correctly rebuilt New Warriors team. As stated, that was his first team.
    I also thought Thunderbolts as a secondary option.
    Getting him out of New York so as to not overcrowd with Peter/Miles I could even see Agents of Atlas as a distant third option.
    If Champions hadn't been reformatted as a teen book I'd have said that.
    The concept of Force Works is one I like if that ever resurfaced.
    Staying with that idea I think Wild Pack w/Silver Sable might make for a nice home.

I'm now done overthinking this question.
    Force Works did resurface briefly in the Iron Man 2020 event last year. And yeah, Scarlet teaming up with Silver Sable and her Wild Pack could be good, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Force Works did resurface briefly in the Iron Man 2020 event last year. And yeah, Scarlet teaming up with Silver Sable and her Wild Pack could be good, too.
    Y'know, I would definitely read a Silver Sable comic in which she's hired Ben and Kaine as part of her team.

Considering how impressed she's been with Spidey in the past, I could definitely see her wanting both clonebros at her disposal.

Now I'm wondering who else would be on the NEW WILD PACK -- especially if it's full of deep cuts from Spidey comics only.

-Pav, who is thinking maybe Annex...?
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Y'know, I would definitely read a Silver Sable comic in which she's hired Ben and Kaine as part of her team.

Considering how impressed she's been with Spidey in the past, I could definitely see her wanting both clonebros at her disposal.

Now I'm wondering who else would be on the NEW WILD PACK -- especially if it's full of deep cuts from Spidey comics only.

-Pav, who is thinking maybe Annex...?
    She did want to hire Ben when she first met him as Spider-Man.

I just read that it seems like Ben is going back to the spotlights this year! This is great!

Has been a while, but with this, Wally being on the Flash book again and Tom Taylor's Nightwing, my favorite characters are finaly in a good place again.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ben-reill...an-beyond-era/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.