View Poll Results: Which women and men are to lead their own super hero team in the MCU?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke Cage (Power Man)

22 37.93%
  • Jericho Drumm (Brother Voodoo)

11 18.97%
  • Abraham "Abe" Brown (Son of the Tiger)

0 0%
  • Mercedes "Misty" Knight (Daughter of the Dragon)

10 17.24%
  • Ororo Munroe (Storm)

27 46.55%
  • Roberto da Costa (Sunspot)

19 32.76%
  • Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel)

32 55.17%
  • Dwayne Taylor (Night Trasher)

12 20.69%
  • Silhouette Chord (Silhouette)

3 5.17%
  • Lucas Bishop (Bishop)

14 24.14%
  • Shard Bishop (Shard)

1 1.72%
  • Everett Thomas (Synch)

4 6.90%
  • Monet St. Croix (M)

7 12.07%
  • Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel)

23 39.66%
  • Other woman and/or other man

10 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Never heard of him, will have to look him up.

Ohhhh and i been reading that Blue Marvel story, somebody should have gotten me ready. lol. I had to take a break, the things they were saying about Blue MArvel, rang so true to life. Thor can be an alien from another planet with his powers levels and because of how he looks people easily see him as a god. Blue Marvel was in the army, had credentials but "if it got out a negro had this kind of power." whoo boy. so good, but so unexpectedly raw so far.

I don't think the black community would be falling all over thor in the real world imo though, just like i don't think most of us would be hanging on to cap like that cover to captain america 27. but there is definitely a portion that would. but i think very small. Just looking at how people turned out for BP Movie i can only imagine the pride black marvel humans would take in their heroes.
    If some one like T'Challa and Blue marvel existed I feel Black people would gather to see them. Similar to how Priest had in his BP run

Astonishing Member

Is Thunderball, from the Wrecking Crew, a good guy now?

Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What is the tension between black folk and LGBT?
    One issue is that some members of the black community think LGBT is a white thing, and ignore the trans, gay, lesbian, bi people within the black community. It's a different type of discrimination since being gay means being ostracized in your community, family, church, all of which wouldn't reject you for being black, but work as a community.

In general, like in any community, a lot of non-LGBT people are not liked or wanted within their own community, and in other communities. It just makes it double as hard when you're discriminated against for being black only to go home/school, and be discriminated for being LGBT.

Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Whenever the inhumans comes back, Mosaic's gotta come back. He should be in more media too.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-12-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Luciano Vecchio
    Good art.....sooo many mutants missing tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sitting back enjoying my morning chai tea latte and ruminating on current events. In your opinion, which existing heroine would be the closest equivalent to Stacey Abrams?
    Misty Knight?

Niffleheim

Sitting back enjoying my morning chai tea latte and ruminating on current events. In your opinion, which existing heroine would be the closest equivalent to Stacey Abrams?
    Someone who is a pragmatist, a planner and not too emotional --- i don't recall anyone in the MU.

Astonishing Member

Misty Knight?
    This reminds me......Should Bill Foster be resurrected?

Or no, and keep letting his nephew Tom be Goliath?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-13-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This reminds me......Should Bill Foster be resurrected?

Or no, and keep letting hi nephew Tom be Goliath?
    I thought that Stark somehow figured out a way to preserve Dr. Foster's sentience in a quantum computer or something like that?

In any event, to answer your questions, I think Bill Foster should remain dead. Resurrecting him lets Reed, Stark and everyone else that was involved with creating the Thor clone off the hook.

As for Tom Foster, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I hate derivative characters for the most part, especially since Black characters seem to be overwhelmingly derivative, or analog, or mantle borrowers/stealers. I mean just scroll up and look at that Luciano Vecchio poster. How many of those characters are basically just the Black version of White counterparts? (War Machine, Nick Fury, Sun Girl, Blue Marvel, Ironheart, Spider-Man (Miles), Valkyrie, etc.) For such a small population, there sure are a sh**load of copycat characters.

Tom Foster falls in that same barrel, in my opinion. I'm not saying kill him off or anything, but give him a unique powerset and mantle, if you're going to keep him around. Besides, Goliath was the villain of the biblical text, iirc. They can do better.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-17-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

I thought that Stark somehow figured out a way to preserve Dr. Foster's sentience in a quantum computer or something like that?

In any event, to answer your questions, I think Bill Foster should remain dead. Resurrecting him let's Reed, Stark and everyone else that was involved with creating the Thor clone off the hook.

As for Tom Foster, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I hate derivative characters for the most part, especially since Black characters seem to be overwhelmingly derivative, or analog, or mantle borrowers/stealers. I mean just scroll up and look at that Luciano Vecchio poster. How many of those characters are basically just the Black version of White counterparts? (War Machine, Nick Fury, Sun Girl, Blue Marvel, Ironheart, Spider-Man (Miles), Valkyrie, etc.) For such a small population, there sure are a sh**load of copycat characters.

Tom Foster falls in that same barrel, in my opinion. I'm not saying kill him off or anything, but give him a unique powerset and mantle, if you're going to keep him around. Besides, Goliath was the villain of the biblical text, iirc. They can do better.
    Unfortunately, new IPs are hard to get off the ground overall. That's the reason why we keep reimagining old heroes in modern settings in the first place.

by Luciano Vecchio
    Why is Miss America there?
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Why is Miss America there?
    The artist must have realized their mistake, because they later pulled America out and put Okoye in her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The artist must have realized their mistake, because they later pulled America out and put Okoye in her place.
    That makes sense.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Astonishing Member

How many of those characters are basically just the Black version of White counterparts? (War Machine, Nick Fury, Sun Girl, Blue Marvel, Ironheart, Spider-Man (Miles), Valkyrie, etc.) For such a small population, there sure are a sh**load of copycat characters.

I disagree about the blue marvel part.
    I would say blue marvel like the sentry and icon are inspired and not copycats.
    They are original enough unlike miles,john stewart,val-zod and the new wondergirl for example.
    To me blue marvel is a original character even if he is superman type.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-13-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Good art.....sooo many mutants missing tho
    Not enough room.