Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Exactly, I don't even need to say it for everyone here to understand. The good news is that the vast majority of the public seems to like Monica from social media reactions and are really hyped for what's coming next for her. I actually feel like she's starting to play a more prominent role in WandaVision than even Vision himself.
    The addition of Monica is why I was interested in the show from the jump, and she remains the primary reason I remain invested from week to week. A lot of people are going on about Agatha, but I don't care much about her tbh. Gimme more Monica lol.

Monica was one of the reasons why I got more hyped for Wandavision and the actress has done a terrific job portraying her. Hope to see more of her after Wandavision.

Extraordinary Member

Teyonah Parris talks Captain Marvel and Blue Marvel in WandaVision
    Teyonah Parris stars as Monica Rambeau Marvel's newest show, WandaVision on Disney Plus. I got a chance to speak with Teyonah Parris about her thoughts on why Monica Rambeau may be having some issues with Captain Marvel. We also talked about potential love interests with Blue Marvel. Check out the interview here.

I guess I'm the only one who prefers "Geraldine" over "Monica" in this show. She was so charming in those earlier episodes. I hope she keeps SOME of THAT personality in future movies and shows!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-23-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Monica was one of the reasons why I got more hyped for Wandavision and the actress has done a terrific job portraying her. Hope to see more of her after Wandavision.
    Same, she's the main reason why I'm watching.

The J-man

The J-man

BANNED

Happy Birthday Greg LaRocque!!!

Marvel Team-Up #142 Jun 1984
    "Foiled!" Guest-starring Spider-Man and Captain Marvel.
    High tech hit-and-run robbers steal a new material called technafoil from the Roxxon Oil Corporation!
    And then the precious Windstone from the Manhattan Maritime Museum! Who are these guys?
    Spider-Man (in his alien symbiote black costume) and Captain Marvel would like to know!
    The duo follows the thieves' trail to the Paulson Foundation in upstate New York...

and there the web-slinger and the crescent city avenger discover the P.R.I.D.E. generator!

What is the dastardly purpose of the massive generator?

Script by David Michelinie. Art by Greg LaRocque https://peoplepill.com/people/greg-larocque/ (breakdowns) and Mike Esposito (finishes).

BANNED

Spider-Man (in his alien symbiote black costume) and Captain Marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Forces collide! Take a trip with SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN as he aligns himself with…KANG THE CONQUEROR? That can’t be right. Be here in January to see how the pieces fit as Spider-Man heads to space! You’ll never guess who else is here to help Spidey! (Hint: She’s on the cover!)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I imagine due to the wow factor of special effects they chose blue. Technically, the Visible electromagnetic spectrum encompasses all of the various colors and Monica can appear as any color she chose.

Where some get it wrong is that they think that all of her energy forms are actually visible, and that's not the case. Microwaves, Ultraviolet Light, X-rays, Radio Waves, Infrared waves, Gamma rays, etc., are invisible to the human eye. People with highly enhanced perceptions -- like Blue Marvel, Starhawk, Silver Surfer and other heralds of Galactus, and similar beings -- can possibly see Monica, if their vision extends to whatever wavelength Monica happens to be in at the time. But for the most part Monica is invisible when she's in any form that isn't specifically a Visible Light form.

When you consider Monica's powers in totality, it's truly disappointing that she's never mentioned as one of the most dangerous foes anyone could face. I actually laughed during WandaVision when Wanda threatened Monica -- because if Monica was truly in command of all of her powers, she'd end Wanda in fractions of a fraction of a second and be outside the range of Wanda's powers before Wanda knew what hit her. But I'm sure they'll write it like Wanda is the bee's knees.
    They have a black woman as director of Captain marvel 2, so i don't think she would let them mistreat Monica. We will see full powered Monica the real beyond omega level Monica in captain marvel 2. It's sad, because Monica would have been as big as Storm if they didn't mistreat her in the comics. It seems the mcu will treat her well, also they will just do the full rainbow for Monica powers when she use her powers. Not that hard, just like the Comics.
    Last edited by superheat; 02-24-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

A good week for Monica in comics this week, as she was in SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #4 and got to kick some ass, and she also had a cute little two-page story in MARVEL'S VOICES: LEGACY.

Astonishing Member

Kelly Sue Deconnick should had made Monica Rambeau as "Captain Marvel" instead of Carol Danvers back in 2012....

Monica in WandaVision wasn't being reckless to me. She's the 2nd head honcho and leader's lead. She probably didn't want anybody else to get hurt or their DNA changed by the hex. I hope Darcy and the other SWORD agents get do-over and are molecularly safe.

Last edited by juan678; 02-25-2021 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Monica in WandaVision wasn't being reckless to me. She's the 2nd head honcho and leader's lead. She probably didn't want anybody else to get hurt or their DNA changed by the hex. I hope Darcy and the other SWORD agents get do-over and are molecularly safe.
    I have a feeling their changing Monica's DNA specifically to make her into "Photon" - and the latest episode (last week - not seen this week's - to be clear) of WandaVision sure seems to indicate there's some kind of change for her.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!