Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    Same, she's the main reason why I'm watching.
    Same here, co-signed!!!

Monica is certainly in my top 15 favorite characters, so I’m not the “biggest” fan, but I cheered so hard when I saw her walking through the wall and “keeping herself together” (literally!) because I knew what the end result was going to be.

I hope she gets the chance to UNLEASH in a future movie.

While I have some gripes about Monica's portrayal on WandaVision, overall, I'm loving the casting and praying to god we see the blue eye shadow again. Honestly, the entire 70's look was great and I mourn its loss anew each Friday.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Kelly Sue Deconnick should had made Monica Rambeau as "Captain Marvel" instead of Carol Danvers back in 2012....
    Once Marvel took the name from Monica, followed by her losing the second name that she adopted, the writing was on the wall. Just better hope that the name Spectrum sticks and Doctor Spectrum doesn't become a more prominent figure.

Was reading Strikeforce earlier and didn't realize Monica was an engineer. Is that new? Regardless I'm pretty pleased with the development. I like engineers more than cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Kelly Sue Deconnick should had made Monica Rambeau as "Captain Marvel" instead of Carol Danvers back in 2012....
    Think about the impact Captain Marvel would’ve had if Monica was the lead character. Do you know how crazy audiences would’ve went if a Black Woman led superhero film came to theaters a year after Black Panther?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Think about the impact Captain Marvel would’ve had if Monica was the lead character. Do you know how crazy audiences would’ve went if a Black Woman led superhero film came to theaters a year after Black Panther?
    What would it have been about since Monica has no connection to the KREE?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Was reading Strikeforce earlier and didn't realize Monica was an engineer. Is that new? Regardless I'm pretty pleased with the development. I like engineers more than cops.
    Yes, that's new. It pretty much came out of nowhere, since there was no mention of it in Monica's past background. Previously she was a police officer in the harbour patrol, and after her first stint wit the Avengers she became a ship's captain--first working for a commercial shipping company and then running her own charter business.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Facts would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, that's new. It pretty much came out of nowhere, since there was no mention of it in Monica's past background. Previously she was a police officer in the harbour patrol, and after her first stint wit the Avengers she became a ship's captain--first working for a commercial shipping company and then running her own charter business.
    Yes, that's the Monica I'm familiar with. I'm into the career shift, but yeah, it's a little abrupt, would love a few panels explaining how that happened. I mean, with all the time shes had off-screen, neglected, It's not too hard to believe she found the time to pursue other interests.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Yes, that's the Monica I'm familiar with. I'm into the career shift, but yeah, it's a little abrupt, would love a few panels explaining how that happened. I mean, with all the time shes had off-screen, neglected, It's not too hard to believe she found the time to pursue other interests.
    Given that she has total recall and is capable of accruing data at light speed, it wouldn't surprise me if Monica had a vast store of knowledge (if not wisdom and complete understanding) that they've yet to reveal.

But you're right, the engineering degree needs to be explained. It's probably as simple as establishing that she acquired the knowledge when she merged with Dr. Adam Brashear. It was just a simple matter of her pursuing a proper degree during her downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Given that she has total recall and is capable of accruing data at light speed, it wouldn't surprise me if Monica had a vast store of knowledge (if not wisdom and complete understanding) that they've yet to reveal.

But you're right, the engineering degree needs to be explained. It's probably as simple as establishing that she acquired the knowledge when she merged with Dr. Adam Brashear. It was just a simple matter of her pursuing a proper degree during her downtime.
    Exactly, her eidetic memory and the fact that she can process information at light speed make it plausible, beyond that I think the STEM focus is just a good fit with her powers and the types of stories she's written into. Plus, it further differentiates her from Carol's whole space cop gig too, which is just fine by me.

I have a pointless hope that someday there may be a backup story, or even a staggered-out digital mini about Monica's time with the New Orleans Police.

With the WandaVision appearances, I'm intrigued to know more about her MCU backstory.

I'm guessing the apparent engineering retcon in the comics is to nudge her a little closer to the MCU version.

Has she still never appeared in a video game or animation?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-28-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I have a pointless hope that someday there may be a backup story, or even a staggered-out digital mini about Monica's time with the New Orleans Police.

With the WandaVision appearances, I'm intrigued to know more about her MCU backstory.

I'm guessing the apparent engineering retcon in the comics is to nudge her a little closer to the MCU version.

Has she still never appeared in a video game or animation?
    Not yet.

Her younger self might appear in the upcoming What IF series, if there is an episode based off of Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The less we talk about that series, the quicker it leaves my memories.

Such a mess....
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-02-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.