Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    What would you classify her has?or prince harry?
    Just only human?
    Maybe human, or of her particular ethnicity

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe human, or of her particular ethnicity
    How would know her particular ethnicity if she does not tell you.
    Heck she be could a white arab(or from space).

Ultimate Member

How would know her particular ethnicity if she does not tell you.
    Heck she be could a white arab(or from space).
    Um, because her surname is Anderson.

Honestly, no offense but I feel this argument isn't going anywhere

So what's everyone's favorite Monica/Spectrum/Photon/Captain Marvel moment?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Spectacular Member

A black women is doing Captain marvel 2. Monica will be more powerful than Carol like that comics.

Extraordinary Member

Um, because her surname is Anderson.
    She could be a white arab or easteren european and married to man name Anderson and that Anderson name not her last original name.
    She just could have change her name too like other stars or her family when they came to canada etc..
    Anyway here is Anderson name origin.
    Anderson is a surname deriving from a patronymic meaning "son of Andrew" (itself derived from the Greek name "Andreas", meaning "man" or "manly"). It originated in parallel in the British Isles and the Nordic countries. ... Anderson is the eighth most frequent surname in Scotland and 52nd most common in England.
    Pamela anderson background.
    Anderson was born in Ladysmith, British Columbia, the daughter of Barry Anderson, a furnace repairman, and Carol, a waitress. Her great-grandfather, Juho Hyytiäinen, was Finnish and partly of Romani descent, a native of Saarijärvi, and left the Grand Duchy of Finland (which was a part of the Russian Empire at the time) for Canada in 1908.He changed his name to Anderson when he arrived as an immigrant. Anderson also has Russian ancestry on her mother's side. Anderson got some press coverage right after her birth as a "Centennial Baby", having been born on July 1, 1967, the 100th anniversary of Canada's official founding via the Constitution Act, 1867.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

She could be a white arab or easteren european and married to man name Anderson and that Anderson name not her last original name.
    Anderson name origin.

Pamela anderson
    Uh, ok. But I think we're getting side tracked

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    A black women is doing Captain marvel 2. Monica will be more powerful than Carol like that comics.
    Monica maybe have been powerful then carol in comics at times in the past but current carol has gotten a power boost and is more powerful.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Monica maybe have been powerful then carol in comics at times in the past but current carol has gotten a power boost and is more powerful.
    You think it'll be the same in CM2?

Extraordinary Member

You think it'll be the same in CM2?
    Hard to say.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I remember when I was into the height of Avengers being one of my top books - and issue #227. With Captain Marvel. Game. Changer.

It's interesting - because I'd love for her to take over the "Captain Marvel" handle in the MCU too. But that's probably not gonna happen, because even in WandaVision she uses her pilot name of "Photon" before she even has powers.
    I remember the feeling. I was a huge Mar-Vell fan as well. At the time I was still very disappointed that they killed him off. But Monica definitely did the Captain Marvel name justice. And then some.

By the way, in the MCU Monica's mother is technically Photon. That was her fighter pilot callsign. Monica may get that same callsign if the MCU folks prefer it that way, but the usual custom is for others to give the aviator a unique callsign. It's not like comics where, say, Carol sees that the callsign "Captain Marvel" isn't being used and takes the name for herself. It's bad form to name your own callsign. (That doesn't apply to Monica, because the press called her Captain Marvel -- she didn't give the callsign to herself.) At this point, I'd prefer they stick with Spectrum. Keep it simple. But anyone with half a brain could come up with a number of really cool callsigns for Monica.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

I think Spectrum would be good because it correlates tp her powers.

Did anyone find it weird how she got those powers in Wandavision

A marvelous chronology of Monica Rambeau's print appearances, starting with the Captain Marvel years and then jumping beyond:
    http://marvelcrossovers.blogspot.com...er-monica.html

Seeing those covers reminded me that pink was an oft used accent color for Monica before she settled in as "The Golden Avenger". With the updated color technology, I wish they would give her costume an iridescent sheen.

Did anyone find it weird how she got those powers in Wandavision
    Repeated exposure to a matter/reality altering combination of Big Bang Energy/Magic/Infinity Stone energy isn't that far off from the generically extra dimensional energy that gave her powers in comics.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-07-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A marvelous chronology of Monica Rambeau's print appearances, starting with the Captain Marvel years and then jumping beyond:
    http://marvelcrossovers.blogspot.com...er-monica.html

Seeing those covers reminded me that pink was an oft used accent color for Monica before she settled in as "The Golden Avenger". With the updated color technology, I wish they would give her costume an iridescent sheen.

Repeated exposure to a matter/reality altering combination of Big Bang Energy/Magic/Infinity Stone energy isn't that far off from the generically extra dimensional energy that gave her powers in comics.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I just thought it was an awkward narrative

I just realize when they put together team of Avengers on screen again Monica could be leading them.