Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Monica Rambeau in WandaVision is a SWORD operative and it seems that her journey
    into and out of The Hex on a repeated basis is creating powers of her own.
    But in confrontation with Wanda Maximoff in episode 7 on Disney+, her powers seem
    to be more "physical" than her original electromagnetic and light powers from the comic books.

Indeed, they are closer to the altered powers from the Captain Marvel one-shot
    from 1989
    by Dwayne McDuffie and Mark Bright, who also worked on Icon together.
    Dwayne McDuffie https://13thdimension.com/the-top-13...uffie-stories/ had a Master's Degree in physics

and channelled a little of that when Mr Fantastic explained the nature of Captain Marvel's new powers.

"Great resistance to impact", "increased physical strength", "ability to fly at high speeds".
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wonder if they're going to continue the blue eyes thing whenever Monica activates her powers?
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I actually had mixed feelings on this because all I could think about is how we've never had a blue-eyed Storm in the movies so far.
    IMO, plenty of room for both Captain Marvel and Storm depicted with blue eyes leading the super hero teams Avengers and X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ultimate Member

Is Storm even going to be in the MCU?

So, we got confirmation that Monica's MCU visual is her own Spectrum thing and not a borrowed visual of glowing blue eyes from another character.

I asked in the Storm thread (where the blue eyes issue has been an ongoing discussion)whether Monica and Ororo have ever co-starred where both characters have their powers. Besides the original SECRET WARS, I don't recall any crossover. The potential meta-commentary about empowered women of color being allowed to co-exist is not that much of a reach.
    I just found this comic book kickstarter from the peri-pandemic period that would co-star Monica, Storm, and other women of Marvel. it would be neat if it, and our ladies, got some support. They can all be marvelous, we don't have to choose one over the other.
    https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...he-meme-queen/

Ultimate Member

I agree about not pitting one black heroine against another. It's pointless.

Extraordinary Member

So Monica may be in the Nick Fury Secret Invasion show

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is Storm even going to be in the MCU?
    Definitely. People are saying she might debut in the new Thor movie, but even if she doesn't, Marvel has already announced its plans to introduce mutants into the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So Monica may be in the Nick Fury Secret Invasion show
    I hope so. I doubt Fury can fight Skrulls by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Definitely. People are saying she might debut in the new Thor movie, but even if she doesn't, Marvel has already announced its plans to introduce mutants into the MCU.
    Ok. I'm just wondering because I think Feige said MCU mutants will be very different, and we already saw Storm in several movies.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I hope so. I doubt Fury can fight Skrulls by himself.

Ok. I'm just wondering because I think Feige said MCU mutants will be very different, and we already saw Storm in several movies.
    It would be different if they gave Storm a more prominent role instead of Mystique, who turned out to be the most important heroine and leader of the X-Men in the movies. I wonder if he meant not having the X-Men just be a school with teachers, and more of a superhero team that goes on adventures. I'm sure there'll be like 3 teams.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    It would be different if they gave Storm a more prominent role instead of Mystique, who turned out to be the most important heroine and leader of the X-Men in the movies. I wonder if he meant not having the X-Men just be a school with teachers, and more of a superhero team that goes on adventures. I'm sure there'll be like 3 teams.
    I hope they cast an older actress to play Storm, so she can be the leader and mentor of newer, younger X-Men. I feel it would be a good parallel to what may happen with the young Avengers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I agree about not pitting one black heroine against another. It's pointless.
    There aren't that many of them to go around for starters. The really strange part is that they don't seem to have any close black women friends.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Monica Rambeau in WandaVision is a SWORD operative and it seems that her journey into and out of The Hex on a repeated basis is creating powers of her own.

But in confrontation with Wanda Maximoff in episode 7 on Disney+, her powers seem to be more "physical" than her original electromagnetic and light powers from the comic books.

Indeed, they are closer to the altered powers from the Captain Marvel one-shot from 1989 by Dwayne McDuffie and Mark Bright, who also worked on Icon together.
    I figured they'd go with the scaled back version of Monica's powers from the one-shot for TV. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch will get to be massively powerful, either on the same level or greater than their comic book versions. Monica, on the other hand, will get reduced in power, or they'll introduce some other limiting plot device. Marvel.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

I figured they'd go with the scaled back version of Monica's powers from the one-shot for TV. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch will get to be massively powerful, either on the same level or greater than their comic book versions. Monica, on the other hand, will get reduced in power, or they'll introduce some other limiting plot device. Marvel.
    I hope not. Why would they?

Ultimate Member

There aren't that many of them to go around for starters. The really strange part is that they don't seem to have any close black women friends.
    That's probably due to the unfortunate lack of black characters in general.

Of course, I'm not necessarily pro "they're black so they need black friends," but I feel it's way worse when white characters do the same thing.

Extraordinary Member

Ironheart will have Riri and her friend
    Last edited by Will Evans; 03-06-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ironheart will have Riri and her firnd
    Who is her friend? I haven't read Ironheart comics.

But maybe she can interact with Monica, in a "support for on-screen black female friendshi