Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The Marvels
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Rebranding the film as “The Marvels” gives them a chance to introduce Adam Brashear
    A chance to introduce the telekinetic mutants Marvel Girl Jean Grey and Marvel Boy Vance Astrovik.

Of course the super-humans, Blue Marvel Adam Brashear and Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau as well.
    Wouldn't that be Classy!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I see. It's possible, then. Idk who counts as a Michael B Jordan type actor.

Like in the comics there can be two! One in the present, the other from a 1000 years in the future.

No-no-no-no. Marvel Girl is IMPORTANT! It is a FACT that MG is the first woman of marvel to have the company's name in her superhero name.
    To honor her, she is to be the leader of her own super hero team in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Let's begin with a cameo of MG in the movie with the title "The Marvels".
    Are you being sarcastic?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Marvels
    Interesting. The emblem there reminds me not only of Carol and Monica, but also vaguely hints at the crown symbol that adorns the 1950s hero, Marvel Boy (and by extension, Quasar). Wouldn't surprise me if they did introduce that character as well, even if only as a passing reference, thus setting the table for the Quantum Bands and Quasar to be used eventually in one of the future GotG movies.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-03-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Interesting. The emblem there reminds me not only of Carol and Monica, but also vaguely hints at the crown symbol that adorns the 1950s hero, Marvel Boy (and by extension, Quasar). Wouldn't surprise me if they did introduce that character as well, even if only as a passing reference, thus setting the table for the Quantum Bands and Quasar to be used eventually in one of the future GotG movies.

Interesting Idea hope it happens

BANNED

No sarcasm regarding the FACT that Marvel Girl is
    the first woman of marvel to have the company's name in her superhero name

who in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is to be the leader of a super hero team

to combat supervillains like Tower and Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I say get John Boyega. Disney needs to do right by him after screwing Finn over in the sequel trilogy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I say get John Boyega. Disney needs to do right by him after screwing Finn over in the sequel trilogy.
    Disney did not screw John Boyega.
    This was posted awhile ago.

Who has creative control of Star Wars?
    The Lucasfilm Story Group, created by Kathleen Kennedy, oversees all aspects of creativity and story telling within the Star Wars universe.
    https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...l-of-star-wars

How Important Are Directors to Marvel Movies?
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...rectors-944030

Star wars is not created or made by Disney.
    It's not made by Disney studios.
    Disney funds,distribute and merchandising for star wars,that's it.
    It's not in the walt disney film list below.
    When you see star wars movie you don't see the disney logo in front.

Who has creative control of Star Wars?
    https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...l-of-star-wars

List of Walt Disney Pictures films
    quote-
    This list is only for theatrical films released under the main Disney banner. The list does not include films released by other existing, defunct or divested labels or subsidiaries owned by Walt Disney Studios (i.e. Marvel StudiosMVL, LucasfilmLFL, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax Films, Dimension Films, ESPN Films etc.; unless they are credited as co-production partners) nor any direct-to-video releases, TV films, theatrical re-releases, or films originally released by other non-Disney studios.

Note- i did not post link for the lists but you get the idea.

Here some other examples.
    Here some talk about the mcu/Disney vs dc/wb vs marvel fox
    This was from the imdb batman v superman forum.

by Ashray
    quote-
    It's no surprise that Marvel ended up under Disney right after TA as
    this conglomerate buys existing functional studios letting the
    creative team in place while they take care of the distribution and
    merchandising.People often forget that movies like Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting,
    Kill Bill and many others were all produced by MIRAMAX, a studio owned
    at the time by Disney Corporation, functioning under the same freedom
    as Marvel or Lucas Films, etc.
    That's how Disney do business with Hollywood.
    It buys working entities (Marvel Studios, the Weinstein, MiraMax,
    Lucas Films, ect...) and let all the creative rights within the
    existing team.
    Disney basically acts like a banker opening its wallet to finance
    projects of existing studios under its conglomerate and collects
    revenues as it opens its distribution and marketing channels to them
    and take care of all the merchandising aspect.

BY Random
    quote-
    camethedawn you do know marvel studios is still run by disney

BY camethedawn6
    quote-
    +Random Yeah, but the parent company doesn't decide which films Marvel Studios makes nor how they are to make them, Feige is the architect of the mcu and it follows his vision and plan, not the head of Disney.

It's lucasfilm that controls where the star wars films go,not Disney.

Blame Disney studio films if you don't like a snow white film for example but if you don't like a star war film or current star wars blame lucasfilm and Kennedy.They decide where star wars go.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-04-2021 at 01:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    REPORT: Captain Marvel 2 Seeking a Boyega/Jordan-Type for Mystery Role

I say get John Boyega.
    Well there folk that say lucusfilm really screw daisy ridley and oscar isaac as well.
    In fact most of the main cast for example.
    Oscar isaac is in mcu now and will play moon knight and few years marvel mention they were interested in john boyega after star wars and john boyega was interested in them.
    Now marvel is saying they are looking for a john boyega type in the marvels film.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-04-2021 at 01:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

I guess they could always get Boyega himself.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think Mr. Boyega is going to closely scrutinize any part offered to him. I don't think he'd bite on an obscure supporting character role like a Blue Marvel-type character would present precisely because the Star Wars movies left a bad taste.

Looking at Marvel's list of male Black superhero characters that might meet his criteria, I'm drawing a blank. War Machine, Blade, Falcon and Luke Cage are taken. I don't see them inserting a new Black Panther actor just yet. Not even Kasper Cole. Bishop is in the X-family and I don't think they'll be bringing them into the MCU fold next year. What other high profile characters could Mr. Boyega play? Everyone else seems second tier or lower in terms of popularity. Night Thrasher? Dr. Voodoo? Cardiac? Prowler? Josiah X? Patriot? I honestly don't know what role really fits an actor of Boyega's class.

I wonder if they are looking for someone to eventually replace Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury? The man isn't getting any younger and you can only do so many convincing CGI renderings of the younger version of him before the novelty wears. Maybe that's when a Boyega-type actor becomes a serious consideration?

Ultimate Member

I think he could Dr. Voodoo. Or Night Thrasher. Both of them are probably more well known than Blue Marvel

Extraordinary Member

If blue marvel show up in the marvels i think down line he will be in team up movies or a show or both and would not be a supporting role.
    Who knows he could get his own movie or show and if john boyega is know this(because of meetings etc..)john boyega could/will take that role.
    Starlord and quake was less known in the comics then magik,dazzler,polaris,marvel's hercules and wonder man for example and now that has changed.

I think a lot of black movie stars would be more than willing to play Adam for the backstory alone. It'd be similarly iconic to Black Panther, if not more so, and would likely elevate the stars of everyone involved if done correctly.

BANNED

Yes. Blue Marvel vs Anti-Man is to be as iconic as Black Panther vs Killmonger...

BANNED

A subsequent appearance is to have the MCU Blue Marvel battle the MCU Juggernaut!