Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Have she and Drum ever had any connection? Seems even more random than Falcon

Also, does anyone feel Chiwetel Ejiofor would have be a good casting for him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Have she and Drum ever had any connection? Seems even more random than Falcon

Also, does anyone feel Chiwetel Ejiofor would have be a good casting for him?
    Brother Voodoo and Monica briefly dated in the comics. They both lived in New Orleans at the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Brother Voodoo and Monica briefly dated in the comics. They both lived in New Orleans at the time.
    Ok. I doubt they'd get involved though because she's going to space and he's, well, he's not even here yet technically.

I'll be honest, I liked Captain Marvel not having romance but instead focusing on female friendship, and I hope that continues into CM2.

I'd like to see Monica have visible romances, but I'd prefer they not be with other major heroes. I personally don't care for superhero power couples and can't recall one that I've enjoyed in comics, but I think the writers could potentially go that route if we see her in another weekly TV series with the time to develop that sort of interaction.

Monica's personality in comics, excluding Nextwave and even before Marvel turned her into an engineer, kind of reminded me of a much less stoic Star Trek character- curious, idealistic, brilliant, but pathologically unpretentious. I think if they can effectively capture some of the lightness and levity inherent in the character, a not bog her down in melodrama, seeing her have romances or flings could be a fun.

Ultimate Member

Does she have any non-superhero love interests?

Maybe a little premature, but do we know yet if she'll be going by Photon or Spectrum in the MCU?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Maybe a little premature, but do we know yet if she'll be going by Photon or Spectrum in the MCU?
    Haha, I have no idea.

Does she have any non-superhero love interests?
    No, but that's the issue with comics and team books in particular, there aren't many non super hero characters for her to interact with on panel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    No, but that's the issue with comics and team books in particular, there aren't many non super hero characters for her to interact with on panel.
    Oh, well then I doubt they'll change that in CM2. I don't know if there are going to be many male characters in that movie.

Oh, well then I doubt they'll change that in CM2. I don't know if there are going to be many male characters in that movie.
    Yeah, I was more talking about if she's in the secret invasion series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Yeah, I was more talking about if she's in the secret invasion series.
    Oh, yeah, I think I heard it's supposed to be an "ensemble" show but I'm not sure. I'm guessing if she's in a show it'll be that one. Hopefully we get to see more of her powers.

Although I'm kinda hoping there's not too much romance in this or any of the shows going forward. WandaVision only worked for me because I saw the characters together already, but frankly the MCU has a poor track record, and the female characters always get the worse end of it.

Speaking of romance, that's part of why I kept expecting Blue Marvel to show up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of romance, that's part of why I kept expecting Blue Marvel to show up.
    Ah, I didn't think it would be him, but it was more likely than Reed Richards!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    WandaVision seemed to imply Photon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    WandaVision seemed to imply Photon.
    Wish they'd go straight to Spectrum. I mean if they use Photon it's only going to be temporary... so why confuse audiences?