Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    WandaVision seemed to imply Photon.
    That's her mother's callsign in CM, right? They'll probably be consistent with that.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Wish they'd go straight to Spectrum. I mean if they use Photon it's only going to be temporary... so why confuse audiences?
    You think so? I assume the audience would figure out

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's her mother's callsign in CM, right? They'll probably be consistent with that.

You think so? I assume the audience would figure out
    Well... I was just thinking, let's get Monica away from this whole changing her superhero-name thing... It's a mess in the comics but why keep it in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Well... I was just thinking, let's get Monica away from this whole changing her superhero-name thing... It's a mess in the comics but why keep it in the MCU.
    Oh, so you're saying keep the name consistent? I think they probably will, considering all the other MCU heroes do this

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Wish they'd go straight to Spectrum. I mean if they use Photon it's only going to be temporary... so why confuse audiences?
    Honestly, it's probably more likely if she goes by Photon in the films, that they'll likely have her go by that name again in the comics for the consistency.

I'm hardly the comic expert but looking back, it was never a good look that Monica gave up two of her superhero monikers for Genis.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, it's probably more likely if she goes by Photon in the films, that they'll likely have her go by that name again in the comics for the consistency.

I'm hardly the comic expert but looking back, it was never a good look that Monica gave up two of her superhero monikers for Genis.
    Oh, so you're saying keep the name consistent? I think they probably will, considering all the other MCU heroes do this
    Yeah, I was thinking consistency across the comics and MCU. Either way is fine with me, Photon or Spectrum. I thought Spectrum fit her powers better.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I was thinking consistency across the comics and MCU. Either way is fine with me, Photon or Spectrum. I thought Spectrum fit her powers better.
    Yeah. Speaking of her powers, did she have invisibility in WandaVision. I wasn't %100 sure what I saw

Fantastic Member

Yeah. Speaking of her powers, did she have invisibility in WandaVision. I wasn't %100 sure what I saw
    Don't know. I haven't watched the show yet.

Ultimate Member

Don't know. I haven't watched the show yet.
    Oh jeez, sorry about spoilers!

Fantastic Member

Oh jeez, sorry about spoilers!
    Nah, don't worry about it. I don't care about spoilers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It was a confusing scene. It could be explained a number of ways, but it looks like in the MCU Monica's powers will function more like they did in her one-shot. In it Reed Richards explained that Monica's powers had changed. No longer was she able to turn into an electromagnetic energy form. Instead, her body functioned as an energy interface between our world and the extradimensional energy realm where Monica originally got her powers. This change gives Monica the ability to shunt kinetic energy. She may still have the ability to turn invisible (by essentially shunting the effects of light photons), but in the case of the WandaVision scene, by interacting with Monica as the dimensional interface, most of the bullets passed through her, losing their kinetic energy and dropping to the ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-17-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It was a confusing scene. It could be explained a number of ways, but it looks like in the MCU Monica's powers will function more like they did in her one-shot. In it Reed Richards explained that Monica's powers had changed. No longer was she able to turn into an electromagnetic energy form. Instead, her body functioned as an energy interface between our world and the extradimensional energy realm where Monica originally got her powers. This change gives Monica the ability to shunt kinetic energy. She may still have the ability to turn invisible (by essentially shunting the effects of light photons), but in the case of the WandaVision scene, by interacting with Monica as the dimensional interface, most of the bullets passed through her, losing their kinetic energy and dropping to the ground.
    So she's intangible? But she also seemed to become semi-invisible from what I saw

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't think this points to her having her one shot powers, I think they were pretty clear in referencing Ewing's rendition of the character. I'm pretty sure the bullets fell because of her ability to absorb kinetic energy. In her one shot she didn't have intangibility at all.

Take it with a grain of salt but I've read the theory that Monica started off with some sort of enhancement prior to the hex, which is why her X-rays are blank, she refuses blood tests and, if you pay attention, she takes the hatch door of the rover off its hinges when she escapes it. It'd be interesting if she had started off with those one shot abilities that were then altered.
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 03-18-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt but I've read the theory that Monica started off with some sort of enhancement prior to the hex, which is why her X-rays are blank, she refuses blood tests and, if you pay attention, she takes the hatch door of the rover off its hinges when she escapes it. It'd be interesting if she had started off with those one shot abilities that were then altered.
    That's what I assumed.

That's what I assumed.
    Its what I'm hoping, those scenes felt too significant for them to have meant nothing. Why else would her X-rays show up blank? and I think Disney had the budget to keep their prop tank door attached

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Its what I'm hoping, those scenes felt too significant for them to have meant nothing. Why else would her X-rays show up blank? and I think Disney had the budget to keep their prop tank door attached
    If it means pseudo-retconning her getting her powers from the Hex, I'm all for it.