Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Captain Marvel and Ralph Boner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

BANNED

Captain Marvel wasn't touching the ground often enough either when surpassing the super-villain Zoom...

BANNED

Brie Larson offers a brief update about The Marvels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KFGLdK84RA

BANNED

Theme of The Marvels Film to be ‘Pain & Trauma’ https://bleedingfool.com/movies-tv-f...e-pain-trauma/

Ultimate Member

What's with the article's title?

BANNED

I’m looking forward to Monica in the Marvels movie!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m looking forward to Monica in the Marvels movie!
    I wonder what her relationship with Ms. marvel will be like. I don't recall them interacting much in the comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wonder what her relationship with Ms. marvel will be like. I don't recall them interacting much in the comics
    Its only been relatively recently that Carol and Monica have had much interaction in the comics, since when Monica made her debut Carol was already off in space as Binary. They had an awkward first meeting since Carol first learned Mar-Vell had died when she met Monica as the new Captain Marvel at one of Ben Grimm's poker games.

After that though they seemed to hit it off fairly quickly. During the "Starblast" crossover which took place late in the QUASAR series Carol and Monica were part of an ad hoc team of cosmic heroes that were thrown together and they worked well together there and seemed fairly friendly.

They crossed paths a few times in Kurt Busiek's AVENGERS run in the late 90s and early 2000s, perhaps most notably during a fill-in arc by Jerry Ordway when Monica got attacked by the Wrecking Crew when they were working for an old enemy of Carol's. They got mixed up between Monica (Captain Marvel) and Carol (Ms. Marvel) and attacked the wrong hero. Carol and Monica shared a laugh about it afterward, with Monica joking it must be because they look so much alike.

By the time we get to Kelly Sue DeConnick's CAPTAIN MARVEL series Carol and Monica must have formed a friendship off-panel, because Monica guest stars in a few issues there and they are written as old friends. That has continued into Kelly Thompson's run as well, where we've seen Monica a few times when Carol is hanging out with her superhero friends. During this period they also finally served on a team together as well when they were both in Al Ewing's ULTIMATES.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its only been relatively recently that Carol and Monica have had much interaction in the comics, since when Monica made her debut Carol was already off in space as Binary. They had an awkward first meeting since Carol first learned Mar-Vell had died when she met Monica as the new Captain Marvel at one of Ben Grimm's poker games.

After that though they seemed to hit it off fairly quickly. During the "Starblast" crossover which took place late in the QUASAR series Carol and Monica were part of an ad hoc team of cosmic heroes that were thrown together and they worked well together there and seemed fairly friendly.

They crossed paths a few times in Kurt Busiek's AVENGERS run in the late 90s and early 2000s, perhaps most notably during a fill-in arc by Jerry Ordway when Monica got attacked by the Wrecking Crew when they were working for an old enemy of Carol's. They got mixed up between Monica (Captain Marvel) and Carol (Ms. Marvel) and attacked the wrong hero. Carol and Monica shared a laugh about it afterward, with Monica joking it must be because they look so much alike.

By the time we get to Kelly Sue DeConnick's CAPTAIN MARVEL series Carol and Monica must have formed a friendship off-panel, because Monica guest stars in a few issues there and they are written as old friends. That has continued into Kelly Thompson's run as well, where we've seen Monica a few times when Carol is hanging out with her superhero friends. During this period they also finally served on a team together as well when they were both in Al Ewing's ULTIMATES.
    Haha, that's quite comprehensive. But by Ms. Marvel, I meant Kamala. I don't recall her interacting with Monica that much

Still, I'm also interested in seeing how Carol and Monica interact, and just generally expanding on Monica as an actual superhero in the MCU

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, that's quite comprehensive. But by Ms. Marvel, I meant Kamala. I don't recall her interacting with Monica that much
    Ha! My bad. I should have realized that.

And yeah, we haven't really seen much of Monica and Kamala interacting on-panel. The only time I can think of off the top of my head is an issue of the current CAPTAIN MARVEL run where Carol had a bunch of friends over for a poker night, including Monica and Kamala. Since Kamala couldn't play poker they all ended up going to an escape room instead--which turned out to be a death trap.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Ha! My bad. I should have realized that.

And yeah, we haven't really seen much of Monica and Kamala interacting on-panel. The only time I can think of off the top of my head is an issue of the current CAPTAIN MARVEL run where Carol had a bunch of friends over for a poker night, including Monica and Kamala. Since Kamala couldn't play poker they all ended up going to an escape room instead--which turned out to be a death trap.
    No problem. Maybe they'll have more in the future. Monica's prominence in the comics seems to fluctuate, but she is part of the Captain Marvel legacy, as is Kamala, so maybe it might be interesting to see more interaction between those 2.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Almost didn't recognize purple Janet

Mighty Member

Teyonah Parris the actress who portrayal "Monica Rambeau" in Marvel "WandaVision" also starring in the "Candyman (2021)" movie.

BANNED

Teyonah Parris portrays Brianna Cartwright, the Candyman's girlfriend.

It is fitting were Yahya Abdul-Mateen II who potrays Anthony McCoy / Candyman be cast as Captain Marvel's boyfriend/husband-to-be AND

father of Kendra Freeman aka Blacklight, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe