Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    My guess for the reason they didn't go for gold was because Carol Danvers already has gold colored energy powers. Red or pink wouldn't work since Wanda uses those colors. The end of the episode shows us that purple has been taken as well. So that really does just leave blue or green and I don't think green would work very well for Monica.
    While speculation is that Monica's eyes glowed purple during the mid-credits scene at Agnes' house because she was falling under the thrall of the villain, I posit that her eyes changed color because of the energy she was perceiving/analyzing at that moment. Her reaction to someone sneaking up her does not appear to be that of someone being mind controlled.
    So Monica would be a true SPECTRUM and go thru different colors.

Monica eyes (her iris to be precise) had a blue/indigo glow each time she used her powers during episode 7, don’t think there is any mind control, just her powers spontaneously activating.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    In true MCU fashion, I'm expecting her abilities to be nerfed a bit, but hopefully she is still properly displayed as a heavy hitter. In theory, she should be up there with Carol, and Thor in terms of the strongest Avengers. Wanda and Strange, despite having devastating power, are still human with human level reactions. Monica could literally fry both of their brains before they blink if she wanted to.
    I agree. I definitely expect them to vastly scale back Monica's powers, at least in WandaVision. But if she makes it to the big screen, I'm really hoping they don't hold back. It's not just the raw power, but the various applications of her abilities -- lethal and nonlethal -- would be fun to see demonstrated on screen.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    While speculation is that Monica's eyes glowed purple during the mid-credits scene at Agnes' house because she was falling under the thrall of the villain, I posit that her eyes changed color because of the energy she was perceiving/analyzing at that moment. Her reaction to someone sneaking up her does not appear to be that of someone being mind controlled.
    So Monica would be a true SPECTRUM and go thru different colors.
    Definitely agree that since her powers give her full range of the spectrum, it makes sense that her eyes would change color depending on what wavelength she is channeling.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree. I definitely expect them to vastly scale back Monica's powers, at least in WandaVision. But if she makes it to the big screen, I'm really hoping they don't hold back. It's not just the raw power, but the various applications of her abilities -- lethal and nonlethal -- would be fun to see demonstrated on screen.
    I think we will start to see her in her prime in Captain Marvel 2 or I'm hoping anyway. She's only just unlocked her powers in WandaVision so I wouldn't expect her to be proficient in them yet.

Definitely agree that since her powers give her full range of the spectrum, it makes sense that her eyes would change color depending on what wavelength she is channeling.
    Although it's a bit of a misconception, I think they'll probably establish that her colors will change depending on what type of electromagnetic energy form she is in. Obviously, as I mentioned earlier, she's really invisible when she switches to anything outside of the wavelength for visible light (photons). Then again, they could leave her as blue for purposes of the show. I doubt the general audience will care that much about how the actual science works.

Although it's a bit of a misconception, I think they'll probably establish that her colors will change depending on what type of electromagnetic energy form she is in. Obviously, as I mentioned earlier, she's really invisible when she switches to anything outside of the wavelength for visible light (photons). Then again, they could leave her as blue for purposes of the show. I doubt the general audience will care that much about how the actual science works.
    It's like how the Invisible Woman's force fields aren't supposed to be visible but it would look awful onscreen if we couldn't see her power effects. So with Monica, I'm definitely expecting a lot of flashy effects and she'll probably be the most visually appealing character we've had so far, besides maybe Doctor Strange.

Totally agree with all of youz. That was already an incredible flashy effects on how she gets her powers. What more once she knows she can be the whole Electromagnetic spectrum. Who can explain that to her...hmm..a certain Aerospace Engineer I hope. Paging Dr. Richards.

Incredible Member

Same, it's been refreshing so far although I don't expect the calm to last.
    I just watched Angry Joe's review on the latest episode and they pretty much singled out Monica and bashed her pretty badly. Basically called her reckless and dumb. I find that funny considering most of the MCU heroes have had moments of recklessness without scrutiny.

I just watched Angry Joe's review on the latest episode and they pretty much singled out Monica and bashed her pretty badly. Basically called her reckless and dumb. I find that funny considering most of the MCU heroes have had moments of recklessness without scrutiny.
    The line between Brave and Stupidity is pretty close, She didn't know what was going to happen for sure so I can understand why someone can see that as stupid. Everybody who knows the comic is pretty much waiting on her to get her powers so none of us is watching that scene under that lens. I think most of us where happy when she ran through the HeX because we knew what has going to happen.

Not sure who Angry Joe is, or why his/her word matters, but when it comes to Monica, there are more valid reasons to be legitimately concerned about the treatment of the character. Besides, what hero isn't reckless, whether it's Reed Richards taking his girlfriend's kid brother on an unshielded and poorly designed space flight, or Batman giving his underage legal ward a bright yellow, green and red costume that up until recently didn't cover the entire body, and routinely subjecting said child to bloody confrontations where their felonious opponents have not only weapons, but some have highly lethal super powers? Sounds like Angry Joe needs to relax. It's just science fiction/fantasy.

Let me guess, he's on Hayward's side?

Not sure who Angry Joe is, or why his/her word matters, but when it comes to Monica, there are more valid reasons to be legitimately concerned about the treatment of the character. Besides, what hero isn't reckless, whether it's Reed Richards taking his girlfriend's kid brother on an unshielded and poorly designed space flight, or Batman giving his underage legal ward a bright yellow, green and red costume that up until recently didn't cover the entire body, and routinely subjecting said child to bloody confrontations where their felonious opponents have not only weapons, but some have highly lethal super powers? Sounds like Angry Joe needs to relax. It's just science fiction/fantasy.
    Exactly, sounds to me like Monica is being picked on for other reasons that differentiate her from say Batman or Reed Richards.

I'm all in for Monica to be a substitute member of the Fantastic Four, should Susan or Johnny need a break.

Ultimate Member

Let me guess, he's on Hayward's side?
    Exactly, sounds to me like Monica is being picked on for other reasons that differentiate her from say Batman or Reed Richards.
    And we all know what that reason is.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And we all know what that reason is.
    Exactly, I don't even need to say it for everyone here to understand. The good news is that the vast majority of the public seems to like Monica from social media reactions and are really hyped for what's coming next for her. I actually feel like she's starting to play a more prominent role in WandaVision than even Vision himself.

Incredible Member

Angry Joe is a popular Youtuber/streamer in the "geekosphere". Does a lot of gaming, film, and tv reviews. Good thing is that it looked like most of his fans/commenters were actually standing up for Monica/Teyonah in the comments and saying he was being way too nitpicky. I was pleasantly surprised by that and it was cool to see.