Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The less we talk about that series, the quicker is leaves my memories.

Such a mess....
    Facts other than the engineer revel ( which didnt go into detail really ) that series was a waste time for Monica, Blade & WS..

I'm rather new to the character.
    I've just finished the 12-issue run by Ellis:
    Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
    Such a fun series, Monica is badass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Facts other than the engineer revel ( which didnt go into detail really ) that series was a waste time for Monica, Blade & WS..
    Yep, enjoyed the engineer thing, but that was it. Holy hell, that was some convoluted nonsense.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Such a fun series, Monica is badass.
    That she is. I really don't get why Monica isn't far more popular with Marvel fans. But I'm glad that the MCU is elevating her profile and giving old and new fans a reason to pin her to their dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That she is. I really don't get why Monica isn't far more popular with Marvel fans. But I'm glad that the MCU is elevating her profile and giving old and new fans a reason to pin her to their dashboard.
    Hopefully she can muster the same respect as Black Panther, Storm and Flacon.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Yep, enjoyed the engineer thing, but that was it. Holy hell, that was some convoluted nonsense.

Yeah the roster was all over the place & they probably would be better off relaunching out of Avengers. Like and issue of avengers would be 1.b & have Strikeforce or Avengers Strikeforce issue 1.A (I probably would just called them Secret Avengers). Have plot be show thur each team perspective & have the Active avengers in the main book hype up characters on the secondary books roster/ there Avengers connections.

Blade - Blade ( role was perfect)
    Black Panther- Spectrum ( Would acted more as leader/team leader )
    Iron Man - Blue Marvel ( would have used him instead of Hellstorm team needed a SG imo plus you show Monica & rship again, but Hellstrom would guest start for 2-3 issues)
    CapAm - WS ( role was perfect)
    CapM - Scarlet Witch ( would have used her instead of Her son), reset the status quo for Monica & SW friendship b4 WV & give Wanda some new peers/connections are her age & etc.
    Thor - Angela ( role was cool but found how the writer tried to pair her Blade random &lol)

Spider Women (like Wiccan ) just seem kind of there till a random issue or 2 & she could have been replaced by any of character imo in this series Wasp, Misty Knight, Mockingbird, Quake, War Machine, Shang, Falcon, Lang, White Tigers ( Ava & Angela), Black Widow, Am Eagle, Shang, Cage or etc. I probably would used The White Tigers ( to reset there new status quo) or Black Widow or both.

Then after that would have Blade leave the main book temporarily during the 1st/2nd arcs ( like he did anyway but have the team stay together but blade leave the team get replaced by another character) maybe Wiccan ( for last year big crossover/ in time for WV ) or Venom ( for this years big crossover) or Shang ( up coming film) or Black Widow (film) or Falcon ( up coming tv show ).

Her eyes change color confirmed.

but seriously what did we all think?

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    In terms of Monica and usage of her, I wasn't the biggest fan. She didn't do much of anything in the finale to justify or pay off her inclusion in the series. Then her line to Wanda at the end can be seen as trying to downplay what she did to the people of Westview.
    end of spoilers

Overall, despite liking her as a character throughout the show, I felt they could have ended a bit of a stronger, more memorable note to get people more excited to see her in CM2.

I wish there was more of a display of her powers just cause I love Monica and never thought I would see her in live action. The little taste we got was cool and all but in the MCU it seems Monica is destined to play second fiddle to all of the other ladies instead of the boss that she should be.

She ended up being a waste of time in the story. She really doesn't do anything of consequence.

And that last line to Wanda was cringe.

But, at least she is powered now and seems to have a direction so she can show up in other places and actually do something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I wish there was more of a display of her powers just cause I love Monica and never thought I would see her in live action. The little taste we got was cool and all but in the MCU it seems Monica is destined to play second fiddle to all of the other ladies instead of the boss that she should be.

Yeah I was shocked to see she isn't credited as 2nd lead for CM2. It's going to be a film with Carol and Kamala being primarily the focus. Doesn't bode well for Monica to make a significant impact. I hope they have a Nextwave series lined up for her or something.

It would suck to introduce the first powered Black female superhero to the MCU only for her to end up underutilized through the franchise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She ended up being a waste of time in the story. She really doesn't do anything of consequence.

But, at least she is powered now and seems to have a direction so she can show up in other places and actually do something.
    Felt very "Finn"-ish tbh. I think the writing for MCU supporting casts has been hit or miss in general tho. They had no idea what to do with the other characters in this episode, and watching them just stand around was pretty awkward even if you could argue it made sense.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Nice to see them incorporate different colors of the visible electromagnetic spectrum.

But as far as the overall portrayal of Monica in WandaVision ...well, when you're starved you'll eat just about anything. Some elements I liked (SWORD and Monica generally being perceived to be one of the most effective agents), but other aspects were disappointing (still not ok with her not having a father; still not ok with her getting her powers via Wanda basically; not enough big moments imho, which is typical for supporting cast; HATE that they introduced her as non-powered and apparently clueless that she now has powers). I could go on, but there's really no point.

At the end of the day, WandaVision brought the adult Monica to the wider audience and she's generally embraced by most. I likely won't be around to see how CM2 turns out, but hoping for the best. For Monica and her fans.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-05-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Honestly have no idea why they gave her powers in show and that too from Wanda instead of Krees or Captain Marvel and she was useless in Finale. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

So, yeah, it seems like in the same situation Monica would have totally brainwashed and basically held a bunch of people hostage if it meant getting her mom back. Like, I understand empathizing with her, but still...

I was disappointed she didn't use her powers to outrun Fietro like she did to Quicksilver in the comics.

Mostly this was to reintroduce adult Monica, give her powers, and establish her for future stuff. And I guess give someone who could sympathize with Wanda.