Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the classroom setting indicates hes in college, im suprised thought all the batkids dropped out
    so duke must be 17 now

so my question for his character is why doesnt his meta abilities never get used?
    hes on a team with 2 other metas so it should not be an issue
    he used them in the last Outsiders story (Fear State) by Brandon Thomas, and he also used them in Robin King and Secret Files by Tony Patrick. he also used his powers pretty regularly in Hill's Outsiders, granted it was mainly his shadow powers and they did nothing every time he used them, but he used them. i guess it feels like we don't see them often because his primary ability is sensory based and he's a bat-character, so a lot of writers tend to write him in more of the hand to hand and gadget style of the other bats. however, I'd say the REAL reason is he just doesn't have enough material where he's given the room to show off his powers.

he uses his powers in almost all of the stories where he's the focus (except Future State admittedly) but Duke doesn't get a ton of material where he's being centered. the only time I can think of where Duke was a supporting character and his powers were showcased was in The Unexpected #4, most of his other supporting roles he's typically more of a cameo appearance with little room to do much of anything.

as for his powers in Signal & The Outsiders, I think we're gonna see BT do something similar to what he did know Fear State and have Duke's powers on display in the finale in the next issue. especially since it'll involve his mother and whoever kidnapped her (likely Gnomon but who knows we might get a curveball), so it likely means Duke being a metahuman is going to be at play in some significant fashion.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-12-2022 at 12:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    he used them in the last Outsiders story (Fear State) by Brandon Thomas, and he also used them in Robin King and Secret Files by Tony Patrick. he also used his powers pretty regularly in Hill's Outsiders, granted it was mainly his shadow powers and they did nothing every time he used them, but he used them. i guess it feels like we don't see them often because his primary ability is sensory based and he's a bat-character, so a lot of writers tend to write him in more of the hand to hand and gadget style of the other bats. however, I'd say the REAL reason is he just doesn't have enough material where he's given the room to show off his powers.

he uses his powers in almost all of the stories where he's the focus (except Future State admittedly) but Duke doesn't get a ton of material where he's being centered. the only time I can think of where Duke was a supporting character and his powers were showcased was in The Unexpected #4, most of his other supporting roles he's typically more of a cameo appearance with little room to do much if anything.i feel, similar to Fear State, we're likely gonna see Duke's powers on display in the next issue, especially since that one will involve his mother so it likely means him being a metahuman is going to be in play in some fashion.
    Clear some of your PM space when you get the chance, okay?

small Duke cameo in Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths! fingers cross that DC gives him (or The Outsiders) a tie-in like they did with Death Metal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

After reading the new outlaws series and Black Sun I think webtoons needs to be Dukes new niche. �� They can do a lot with him there although I don't know how the collected editions would look.
    Last edited by 9th.; 08-22-2022 at 08:03 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    After reading the new outlaws series and Black Sun I think webtoons needs to be Dukes new niche. �� They can do a lot with him there although I don't know how the collected editions would look.
    Within current continuity or just something separate like the other stuff on there?
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member

Is the batwheels show in danger

Ultimate Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hb...22/ar-AA118ENM

To celebrate Batman Day, HBO Max is premiering Secret Origin of the Batwheels on September 17, a special that explains how the Batwheels team was formed.
    A bit late to ax it now with the show coming and other merchandise going to be in stores between now and Jan 2023.

Best of luck to him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was cute.

it looks like Duke has his own apartment now! I think it's safe to assume he's out of his teenage era into a young adult now

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think it's safe to assume he's out of his teenage era into a young adult now
    Seems wired with Steph and Cass appearently still beeing teens.

We will see what they will do going forward now that his mother is back.

Btw. I kind of wondering about his (step?)father, if they could heal his mother shouldn't he also finally get healed?

I found the two parter in general a bit messy, felt like they were putting a bit much into the two issues.

It also feels a little like they are like they are abandoning the Stuff Tony Patrick set up in his Signal stories, with Gnomon not involved the kidnapping.

Cool seeing Duke driving the Robin wheels RedBird in Batwheels.

The show looks great and while I haven't watched a full episode yet I have been enjoying the teasers online.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Cool seeing Duke driving the Robin wheels RedBird in Batwheels.

The show looks great and while I haven't watched a full episode yet I have been enjoying the teasers online.

Batwheels is an American animated superhero preschool series, starring crime-fighting vehicles alongside DC superheroes. The series premiered as a pilot special on September 17, 2022 in the United States on HBO Max. The show will make its Cartoon Network debut on October 15, 2022.

I'm glad Duke is Robin too.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    that could work, his design at the end of Future State very much gave shonen vibes. between that design, his powers, and his meta lineage, they could do a pretty rad action adventure webtoon. if I had a hand in DC's decision making I'd recruit Brent Bristol (look up Ordeal, it's amazing) or The Black Sun team, or just tap Nikolas Draper-Ivey to do it.

currently following: