Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Just fyi, the target demographic is preschool-aged children so your mileage may vary.
    OH! Still excited with Duke getting this spotlight. I was worried when Titans changed Tim's race making him a Black Robin. I feared that that was it for Duke's chances.
    Happy to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since this Robin obviously isn't Bruce's son, I'd say that Cass and Duke here are a racelifted Babs and Tim.
    I think they wanted to go for archetypal versions of Robin and Batgirl and went with the more diverse options without really changing much else.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So Duke is apparently Robin in a kids show about sentient Batmobiles....honestly it looks a lot like Damian

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ethan-...imated-series/
    On the one hand, I like that Duke's getting on screen. On the other, I wish he was a bit older, and I'd also prefer his Signal costume over Robin's. But, meh, nitpicking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand, I like that Duke's getting on screen. On the other, I wish he was a bit older, and I'd also prefer his Signal costume over Robin's. But, meh, nitpicking.
    Nitpicking there is nothing Duke here but his skin color

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We don't really know that - his personality might come through strongly - albeit simplified somewhat for an audience of preschoolers. If this were a more traditional project for an older audience, sure. But for a cartoon about sapient Batmobiles learning life lessons and early preschool skills targeted for kids just learning the alphabet and how to read? Duke as Robin in a Damian Robin suit doesn't feel as much of a biggie to me, but mileage may vary. Frankly, I'm surprised to see him at all - I honestly thought the cast would just be vehicles and maybe Batman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    While this description can go for most Robin outside of Damian, I don't think this is far from the Duke we met as a child in Zero Year.

The Boy Wonder who loves sinking his teeth into a great detective mystery while he strives to prove himself alongside Batman.

This is more Duke, than the what they are doing with Cass.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While this description can go for most Robin outside of Damian, I don't think this is far from the Duke we met as a child in Zero Year.

This is more Duke, than the what they are doing with Cass.
    It sounds like traditional Robin to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounds like traditional Robin to me.
    I agree that they went for general descriptions of both Robin and Batgirl, it just that it could still can fit Duke also untill we see more, however given that the target demographic is preschool, I don't think that there will be an characterisation beyond the outline.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I agree that they went for general descriptions of both Robin and Batgirl, it just that it could still can fit Duke also untill we see more, however given that the target demographic is preschool, I don't think that there will be an characterisation beyond the outline.
    Yeah, though I think it's more coincidental than intentional.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's a preschool cartoon, so I don't think people should be expecting deep characterizations for these characters anyways. And honestly, the show will mostly focus on bat cars and I'm thinking the humans will be glorfied cameos whenever they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's a preschool cartoon, so I don't think people should be expecting deep characterizations for these characters anyways. And honestly, the show will mostly focus on bat cars and I'm thinking the humans will be glorfied cameos whenever they show up.
    I think they'll fill out the supporting cast role for the cartoon.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I'm surprised they gave him a car and not motorcycle tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I'm surprised they gave him a car and not motorcycle tbh.
    I guess it's a riff on Tim's vehicle. Batgirl hogs the bike...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So Duke is apparently Robin in a kids show about sentient Batmobiles....honestly it looks a lot like Damian

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ethan-...imated-series/
    Aww Duke's adorable lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    And because it's a preschool cartoon, it's the most important animation.

This cartoon will be the introduction to the Batman mythology to preschoolers.

Filmation Batman was my introduction to Batman; BTAS was the introduction for many to Bats.

Don't underestimate the power of introduction...remember Super Friends or, worse, Teen Titans Go.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 09-14-2021 at 06:02 PM.