Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Iunno, I don't think the Everything is Canon approach is confusing. it makes sense, DC just ducks at enforcing their own rules and so fans have a hard time believing (thus processing and accepting) them. the canonical Death Metal works, an earth where earlier continuities are essentially multiversal past lives that the they remember, but fans don't believe DC can stick to its guns so they dismiss it as too confusing and keep hoping to return to some other previous incarnation of the DC landscape. Duke's timeline works well enough right now, give or take a month of year or two that can just be corrected by saying "oh, this part here happened for a longer or shorter period of time".
    It just feels like an approach that breeds inconsistency and non-commital stance on continuity, and I don't think the execution has quite sold it, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #18
    Written by TINI HOWARD, BLAKE HOWARD, BRANDON THOMAS, CHRIS BURNHAM, HENRY BARAJA, and GREG HAHN
    Art by ROSI KAMPE, ALBERTO JIMENEZ
    ALBURQUERQUE, CHRIS BURNHAM, and SERGIO ACUNA
    Cover by LIAM SHARP
    Variant covers by DIKE RUAN and GERARDO ZAFFINO
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    A string of new sagas begins! Tini Howard and Blake Howard pen an epic Batman story! Batman and the Outsiders have to save the Signal from burning out! A new mystery begins, starring Alfred Pennyworth before his passing, from all-star creator Chris Burnham! And in a story from Batman’s past, the Dark Knight must team up with Etrigan the Demon to stop the Reincarnators!

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #19
    Written by BRANDON THOMAS, BRANDON EASTON,
    CHRIS BURNHAM, ZAC THOMPSON, and JOEY ESPOSITO
    Art by ALBERTO JIMENEZ ALBURQUERQUE, WILL ROBSON, CHRIS BURNHAM,
    HAYDEN SHERMAN, and MIKEL JANÍN
    Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant covers by CHRIS BURNHAM and CLAIRE ROE
    ON SALE 9/13/22

The Outsiders find the villain who has captured Duke Thomas’s mother. Alfred’s star turn as an investigator continues. A new murderer is plaguing the streets of Gotham City and Batman thinks it’s…a child? And we see inside the mind of Two-Face as we never have before. All included in this epic new issue of Batman: Urban Legends!

it looks like Brandon Thomas' Outsiders story will be a direct follow up to Duke's story in Secret Files. glad to see him trying up some of the loose ends for Duke. I really hope he can also tie it back to the events of Batman & The Signal and really bring his story full circle.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #19
    Written by BRANDON THOMAS, BRANDON EASTON,
    CHRIS BURNHAM, ZAC THOMPSON, and JOEY ESPOSITO
    Art by ALBERTO JIMENEZ ALBURQUERQUE, WILL ROBSON, CHRIS BURNHAM,
    HAYDEN SHERMAN, and MIKEL JANÍN
    Cover by DIKE RUAN
    Variant covers by CHRIS BURNHAM and CLAIRE ROE
    ON SALE 9/13/22

The Outsiders find the villain who has captured Duke Thomas’s mother. Alfred’s star turn as an investigator continues. A new murderer is plaguing the streets of Gotham City and Batman thinks it’s…a child? And we see inside the mind of Two-Face as we never have before. All included in this epic new issue of Batman: Urban Legends!

it looks like Brandon Thomas' Outsiders story will be a direct follow up to Duke's story in Secret Files. glad to see him trying up some of the loose ends for Duke. I really hope he can also tie it back to the events of Batman & The Signal and really bring his story full circle.
    While I'm curious how much space will be there to get whatever is going to get done done, I am appreciative that this is getting followed up on in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While I'm curious how much space will be there to get whatever is going to get done done, I am appreciative that this is getting followed up on in the first place.
    I imagine the true focus of the story will probably be the stuff with finding Duke's mom, with #18 setting up the search in some form or fashion and the end of part 1 or the start of part 2 revealing who did it. that's just my prediction, you never know, like I think the most common sense thing would be to have it be Gnomon, Rook, & Alt who did it but for all we know Brandon Thomas could have something else in mind entirely. he's been knocking it out the part so far, so let's hope he can pull the three-peat off for Duke. first issue comes out on my birthday so I'm just hoping it's a good present lol.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-24-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

I imagine the true focus of the story will probably be the stuff with finding Duke's mom, with #1 setting up the search in some form or fashion and the end of part 1 or the start of part 2 revealing who did it. that's just my prediction, you never know, like I think the most common sense thing would be to have it be Gnomon, Rook, & Alt who did it but for all we know Brandon Thomas could have something else in mind entirely. he's been knocking it out the part so far, so let's hope he can pull the three-peat off for Duke. first issue comes out on my birthday so I'm just hoping it's a good present lol.
    (Happy early Birthday, by the way! )

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batwheels starring Duke Robin if successful (and I don't know how it won't, it's Batman + talking cars, I'd eat this up as a child) possibly will open up for more Duke contents from DC even if it's not mainline, since this will be many kids, preschoolers, memory of Robin. Kinda like John Stewart in JL cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batwheels starring Duke Robin if successful (and I don't know how it won't, it's Batman + talking cars, I'd eat this up as a child) possibly will open up for more Duke contents from DC even if it's not mainline, since this will be many kids, preschoolers, memory of Robin. Kinda like John Stewart in JL cartoon.
    Absolutely good point!

Mighty Member

Duke in action in Batman #126

Astonishing Member

Duke in action in Batman #126
    Dang. Didn't know he was gonna be in that one.

Was there anything else in this issue for him?

Mighty Member

Dang. Didn't know he was gonna be in that one.

Was there anything else in this issue for him?
    Yep, he is in a few more panels.

Astonishing Member

Yep, he is in a few more panels.
    I'm curious what his role was, outside the BDH moment.

Mighty Member

I'm curious what his role was, outside the BDH moment.
    He doesn't really have a role per se as the Bat-family was just there for a fight sequence, but I think in the few panels he was in he was shown as brave, and determine in a fight against an unbeatable opponent.

Astonishing Member

He doesn't really have a role per se as the Bat-family was just there for a fight sequence, but I think in the few panels he was in he was shown as brave, and determine in a fight against an unbeatable opponent.
    Oh, okay.

Thanks for explaining and for the heads up!

Preview for Signal & The Outsiders in Urban Legends #18, out August 9th

currently following: