Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I really like how Ortiz looks like

The HQ is called The Hatch, but what's the name of the building? The public name

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I really like how Ortiz looks like

The HQ is called The Hatch, but what's the name of the building? The public name
    The Hatch is located under the Lucius Fox Community Center.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

And I got Ninjad!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Got ninjad by lemonpeace.
    And I got Ninjad!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wow, dope! Thanks for sharing.

It's refreshing reading that the writer did his homework to understand the character. I also like that he mentions Bruce Wayne a lot instead of Batman as it's makes more sense for Duke to interact with the former as he's Gotham's hero of the day.

So is the this just a one issue standalone?
    Last edited by Askia; 07-03-2021 at 02:39 AM.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Wow, dope! Thanks for sharing.

It's refreshing reading that the writer did his homework to understand the character. I also like that he mentions Bruce Wayne a lot instead of Batman as it's makes more sense for Duke to interact with the former as he's Gotham's hero of the day.

So is the this just a one issue standalone?
    Yes, as this seems to be what the premise of Secret Files is. An (I think oversized) one-shot that shifts focus to a new character each issue. The Signal is up first, followed by Huntress later this month, then Clownhunter in mid-August, then Miracle Molly in September.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Hatch is located under the Lucius Fox Community Center.
    if I'm not mistaken that's also the building Jason Todd was sent when he lost his parents. I'm gonna ask the other thread.

Super excited for this issue!

Is it just me or does Izzy seem a bit pissed off hahaha

Yes, as this seems to be what the premise of Secret Files is. An (I think oversized) one-shot that shifts focus to a new character each issue. The Signal is up first, followed by Huntress later this month, then Clownhunter in mid-August, then Miracle Molly in September.
    Ah, thank you.

With such a lengthy interview, and such research and thoughtfulness, I wish dude was getting a full-on solo.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Ah, thank you.

With such a lengthy interview, and such research and thoughtfulness, I wish dude was getting a full-on solo.
    Same. DC should have been done gave Tony Patrick a Duke Thomas/The Signal ongoing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Super excited for this issue!

Is it just me or does Izzy seem a bit pissed off hahaha
    A few others have noticed. Not sure what the context really is, though.

Incredible Member

No spoilers, but having done a quick flip through the Secret Files issue, it end on a bit of a cliffhanger and with a “To be continued…” so I’m gonna assume there’s something coming down the pipeline for Duke. Whether it’s the Outsiders project, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    No spoilers, but having done a quick flip through the Secret Files issue, it end on a bit of a cliffhanger and with a “To be continued…” so I’m gonna assume there’s something coming down the pipeline for Duke. Whether it’s the Outsiders project, or something else.
    that makes sense, based on Tony Patrick's interview, I imagine DC put the possibility of a proper limited series (like the ones that spun out of Future State) on the table if this does well enough. Brandon Thomas emphasizing Duke's involvement in his whatever he's got cooking up for Outsiders probably doesn't hurt is chances either. I hope the numbers are there so they can greenlight something for him soon, they've been building a nice momentum with Duke this year and I don't want them to fumble the bag.

man, I can't wait to feast my eyes on this book!

currently following:

my digital copy just dropped and there is a lot of interesting development this issue. I do have a slight nitpick with the art (art was really good aesthetically but there were a couple panels where it isn't clear what's happening) but other than that I really enjoyed this on first readthrough. gonna give it another read over in the morning with fresh eyes before I give my full thoughts.

currently following:

spoilers:
    Very much enjoyed the issue! now I am sad that there isn't more lined up! though I do think it is likely the story will be continued sooner or later!

Interesting that Batman only gave Izzy and Riko clearance. Guess it makes sense since Dax has that Chill connection which would make Bruce uncomfortable and Dre is linked with the Maroni Crime family. Izzy and Riko were also the closest to Duke so maybe he also factored that in. Was nice seeing Izzy working with Barbara looks like she has slotted in quite nicely as Duke's mission control for the Daytime.

Everyone has already talked about it a lot, but still love seeing the Cass and Duke dynamic! A review from Weird Science stated a personal thing they can take away "is the fact that Duke has feelings for Cassie Caine". Personally I never noticed anything suggesting that, but I wouldn't be surprised since she is obviously pretty great and they are friends. Curious on what gave the reviewer that impression!

Riko and Dax's heel turn may be too sudden for some but I quite liked it! Riko's jealousy against Duke for being accepted by Batman has obviously continued to build since Batman and The Signal (2018) and has led to resentment. It kinda reminds me of a problem in some deprived areas of Scotland where I am from, where success ended up being frowned upon - since people would view them as abandoning there roots and would want to cut them back down to size so to speak.

The focus on the handholding between Riko and Dax makes me think they are very likely to be in a relationship. The "Its time to let Duke go" feels like foreshadowing (that she won't) and I am almost certain though that she still has feelings for Duke which will probably come back up in the future - I'd not be surprised if they are what leads her to re-joining Duke and working with him on the dayshift.

The Xander guy is so unlikeable gives off such young tory vibes. I will certainly look forward to him getting punched in the face in the future. It made me laugh when Bruce deliberately ordered more expensive items to run up his bill. I wonder how much his blood pressure rose during that 15 minute meeting.

end of spoilers