Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hi has there after "We are Robin" ever been any clear indication on how old Duke is (or was during an particular story line)?
    no age specifically but either Duke or Batman (I forget which) indicate he has trained with Bruce for approx. one year between leaving the We are Robin movement (where he was stated as being 16) and starting his superhero career as The Signal in Batman & The Signal. so the most concrete age we have for Duke (if you follow Duke's story) is about 17.

Year of the Villain kinda mucks things up a little since we know that runs concurrently with his time on the Outsiders. the event is supposed to take place over the course of one year, meaning he should technically be 18. however l, since YoTV leads into Death Metal, which messed with space and time, it's pretty safe to assume DC will skirt around the time elapsed on that. so it would be simpler to just think of him as vaguely senior in high school age (16-18).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Darn. This kinda got my hopes up, to be honest.

Same, actually.
    it's still early, you never know what the season may hold (though, I don't really watch Titans so ionno how they do with these kinda cameos).

I definitely thought Young Justice would get to him first too given his powers make him better suited for th e animated medium. I definitely think there is a good chance we'll get him as The Signal on Young Justice first tho.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's still early, you never know what the season may hold (though, I don't really watch Titans so ionno how they do with these kinda cameos).

I definitely thought Young Justice would get to him first too given his powers make him better suited for th e animated medium. I definitely think there is a good chance we'll get him as The Signal on Young Justice first tho.
    They introduced Harper as a civilian initially, so I wouldn't rule out an appearance on some level if not immediately in costume...although maybe he would be immediately in costume. You never know with that show .

Astonishing Member

True, and also same.

Also concurred with the Young Justice animated series thing. Duke as The Signal makes the most sense to be in animation where his powers can better thrive. In turn, if Young Justice stays good with using heroes, he ought to be showing up there sooner or later.

(Make me wonder if there's been any news on Season 4 recently.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    True, and also same.

Also concurred with the Young Justice animated series thing. Duke as The Signal makes the most sense to be in animation where his powers can better thrive. In turn, if Young Justice stays good with using heroes, he ought to be showing up there sooner or later.

(Make me wonder if there's been any news on Season 4 recently.)
    from the Young Justice wiki;

"By July 1, all 26 episodes had been fully recorded, thirteen were ready for release, seven more were in post-production and the last six were being animated. Pre-production was also virtually complete.[13] "

but they also stated they'll be focusing more on the core characters from season 1, which makes me a little scared for Duke's chances. but hey, with Duke popping up a lot in in the comics late last year/early this year and now his cameo on Titans, if DC and the YJ staff were keeping their ear to the internet streets, they should have him appear. fingers crossed.

currently following:

from the Young Justice wiki;

"By July 1, all 26 episodes had been fully recorded, thirteen were ready for release, seven more were in post-production and the last six were being animated. Pre-production was also virtually complete.[13] "

but they also stated they'll be focusing more on the core characters from season 1, which makes me a little scared for Duke's chances. but hey, with Duke popping up a lot in in the comics late last year/early this year and now his cameo on Titans, if DC and the YJ staff were keeping their ear to the internet streets, they should have him appear. fingers crossed.
    The core characters from season 1 usually take the brunt of focus alongside whatever other characters they feel warrant the spotlight in that season, although if there's a character they feel like focusing on, they'll get that focus.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotta admit, I thought his first media appearance would be in Young Justice.
    Well toy wise we got him as We Are Robin and then in his Signal costume in the toyline for little kids along with Red Robin Tim Drake.

BANNED

Has it ever been explained why the "Lark" codename didn't stick?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Has it ever been explained why the "Lark" codename didn't stick?

Snyder likely just wasn't feeling it ultimately. my guess is once Duke being a traditional Robin was officially off the table, and he started building a direction for Duke as an original hero, Snyder probably wanted to avoid a bird-themed named to further distance Duke's superhero career from Robin or feeling too Robin adjacent.

currently following:

BANNED

Snyder likely just wasn't feeling it ultimately. my guess is once Duke being a traditional Robin was officially off the table, and he started building a direction for Duke as an original hero, Snyder probably wanted to avoid a bird-themed named to further distance Duke's superhero career from Robin or feeling too Robin adjacent.
    I think that's likely what happened. I prefer him being linked to the bird theme (Robin, Bluebird, Nightwing, etc.) over Signal, but I'm just going to celebrate the character.

Extraordinary Member

no age specifically but either Duke or Batman (I forget which) indicate he has trained with Bruce for approx. one year between leaving the We are Robin movement (where he was stated as being 16) and starting his superhero career as The Signal in Batman & The Signal. so the most concrete age we have for Duke (if you follow Duke's story) is about 17.
    In my experience the time that passes in universe is not really connected to how much characters age.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think that's likely what happened. I prefer him being linked to the bird theme (Robin, Bluebird, Nightwing, etc.) over Signal, but I'm just going to celebrate the character.

Oh, I like that look (a great deal) with the Bat Symbol covered face.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Duke will be in Dark Knights of Steel:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nş8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Duke will be in Dark Knights of Steel:

that's dope! and thus continues the tradition of my liking Duke's designs in out of continuity stories over his standard suit.

I know they probably weren't thinking about this when they included him but it does make sense that Duke would appear here considering his aesthetic is supposed to invoke a Knight.

currently following:

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #9
    Written by BRANDON THOMAS, ALYSSA WONG, DAN WATTERS, and SAM JOHNS
    Art by CIAN TORMEY, VASCO GEORGIEV, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | PRESTIGE
    Variant by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA and RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 11/9/21

Outsiders story: “FEAR STATE” TIE-IN! The Fearful has turned the Outsiders against each other! Tim Drake has entered the fray to save the manipulated team, but it won’t be enough. The future of the Outsiders depends on the Signal, but he’ll need help…from the world of Future State. Signal, meet Future State Duke Thomas, and listen to every warning he has to deliver!

currently following: