Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

fanart by @ghostpainters
    Interesting take on the pre-Signal costume.

Also, this is really well composition-ed.

fan art by @sufroyo
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

All-New Member

that's some Great fan Art, its more streetwear look on duke, its similar to the "We are robin look but the Signal design "

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Kal

"So awhile ago I did some redesigns of Batman and what I consider his direct kids. A lot of you wanted to see the rest of the family! Well, finally, here's the next batch! Babs, Steph, Harper, Kate, and Duke! (I believe Harp/Duke would have made great Robin's so I went with that)"

The artwork was retweeted by Scott Synder.

In the comments, someone asked "Do you have any new stories to tell for Duke or any new directions you want to take him he is still my favorite new DC character".

Snyder's answer:

"Lots - and @SirTonyPatrick has a whole pitch I love - my dream is for him to be Gotham's protector by day, do a book about young Gotham, threats growing in the light, etc. But I'm not Gotham's mayor anymore - it's in amazing, if not even better, hands right now!"

Retweet by Tony Patrick:

"Thanks for your support, @Ssnyder1835! Fingers crossed for some daytime Signal action in the near-future..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Kal

"So awhile ago I did some redesigns of Batman and what I consider his direct kids. A lot of you wanted to see the rest of the family! Well, finally, here's the next batch! Babs, Steph, Harper, Kate, and Duke! (I believe Harp/Duke would have made great Robin's so I went with that)"

In the comments, someone asked "Do you have any new stories to tell for Duke or any new directions you want to take him he is still my favorite new DC character".

Snyder's answer:

"Lots - and @SirTonyPatrick has a whole pitch I love - my dream is for him to be Gotham's protector by day, do a book about young Gotham, threats growing in the light, etc. But I'm not Gotham's mayor anymore - it's in amazing, if not even better, hands right now!"

Retweet by Tony Patrick:

"Thanks for your support, @Ssnyder1835! Fingers crossed for some daytime Signal action in the near-future..."
    Whether that can be taken as foreshadowing something or not, it's good to know that in Mr. Tony Patrick and Scott Snyder's minds, Duke's life and longevity is far from over.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-30-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Kal

Snyder's answer:

Retweet by Tony Patrick:

Snyder should just do a Duke solo already.

Astonishing Member

To the redesigns themselves, for Harper, I think I'd like if those red sections would be more Blue Bird-blue, though I understand the artist is going with classic Robin colors, which don't include blue.

And what do you guys think of Duke? At a glance, his primary colors are green. A cool look, but from his time as a We are Robin Robin and his time post-Rebirth, I would like a more traditional Robin take be predominately yellow and red, maybe some green as an underscore. I do like the touch of a shorter cap, though. Nice to have it, while it's nice it's a little different from some portrayals of Robin capes. I wonder how much this design stacks up to that one we had of a nameless-Duke in that vision from earlier in Synder's run? We need to see a more side-by-side comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's probably not that simple for him to do, or he'd have been done it already. That's my guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    After Static get his relaunch Duke should do a team up with him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    After Static get his relaunch Duke should do a team up with him
    I know they're in different universes, but that would be a fun read to be had!

Is there any plan for our boy in the coming months ? I hoped FS Outsiders was a hint of something...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Is there any plan for our boy in the coming months ? I hoped FS Outsiders was a hint of something...
    Dunno, but alas, doesn't seem to be anything yet.

I'm hoping he gets a story in Urban Legends or a team up with Bruce in Detective Comics.

I'm okish if he pops up in Titans Academy but he's gotta be an upperclassmen.

Other teamups are welcome.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay this made me laugh

Duke asking Dick if Tim's gay by using his light power to make a rainbow
    The artist doesn't know if that's how Duke's power work
    "like come on creating rainbows is light 101 if he hasn’t done this in canon it’s solely due to the sheer power of gotham’s gloomy aesthetic"

https://mumblesplash.tumblr.com/post...-question-dick

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay this made me laugh

Duke asking Dick if Tim's gay by using his light power to make a rainbow
    The artist doesn't know if that's how Duke's power work
    "like come on creating rainbows is light 101 if he hasn’t done this in canon it’s solely due to the sheer power of gotham’s gloomy aesthetic"

https://mumblesplash.tumblr.com/post...-question-dick
    Heh. Artist definitely has zero clue about what Duke's powers actually are and how they actual work.

Yeah, I'm actually more interested in Duke not creating light stuff but using its natural properties (now that he has shadow powers, he get to keep it, of course !)