Page 114 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did DCAU Katma Tui and John ever really interact? Kinda sad she wasn’t one of John’s LIs, she’s very cute in Timm’s style
    Yea, there was an episode with both of them together. John had a short relationship with her as well, where they both kissed in that episode. John had like what, 3 different relationships in that show. I always looked at John as a ladies' man lol.

Like L.E.G.I.O.N.?
    Yea, something around those lines, but I want an unforgettable team that would be around long-term. I mean, look at how Bendis created the Illuminati. I didn't care much for New Avengers, but that was the best part of his run. That team concept carried over to later writers like Johnanathan Hickman, which he built on top of it (although I didn't care how he handled it much).

BANNED

Did DCAU Katma Tui and John ever really interact? Kinda sad she wasn’t one of John’s LIs, she’s very cute in Timm’s style
    I think the episode featuring the two of them was called, "Hearts and Minds."

BANNED

It might sound funny, but I actually prefer her Duck Dodgers design. I just find it more interesting and it's closer to her look in the comics.

I really loved seeing her in cartoons way back then. She always left a big impression on me, and I remember I was disappointed to find out she was dead in the comics. I eventually hunted down the old Steve Englehart GL comics that heavily feature her and I was like, "WHOA, this is awesome!" She's always been one of my top favorite GL characters.

I wish there was more of Katma in the modern comics. Looks like the only possible way to see more of her is a John Stewart origin story getting retold.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I wish there was more of Katma in the modern comics. Looks like the only possible way to see more of her is a John Stewart origin story getting retold.
    Agreed. There's a lot of meat on that bone. From John's earliest training with Hal, to his subsequent mentorship under Katma Tui, there's so much to explore and re-examine under a more modern lens.

I know poor Redjack has a lot on his plate trying to service so many characters and fulfil all those editorial mandates, in addition to trying to forward John's story, but it would be nice at some point to really zero in on John's journey up till now beyond the usual Cosmic Odyssey rehashes. Perhaps after a 2nd GL book gets launched (if that's indeed in the cards), they'll be less focus on the BIG COSMIC EVENTS and more time to let readers know who John Stewart is and what his journey has been. Van Jensen's New 52 origin was interesting, but it felt undercooked because it omitted so much great stuff from the O'Neil/Adams origin, like his early tension with Hal over protecting that racist politician and, of course, John's pitch-perfect introduction chastising cops for hassling a bunch of kids for simply playing chess. The New 52 origin was far too generic superhero for my tastes. Racial politics is baked into the character. It can't be removed so that the corporate bean-counters as less nervous about him.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Was Johns hinting at the return of Katma Tui? There was Saint Walker giving John the hope of seeing her again and the apparently independent Black Lantern Katma who warned John of an incoming hit during War of the Green Lanterns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Was Johns hinting at the return of Katma Tui? There was Saint Walker giving John the hope of seeing her again and the apparently independent Black Lantern Katma who warned John of an incoming hit during War of the Green Lanterns.
    I don't believe so. I think the powers that be were happy supplanting Katma with Soranik Natu, and Johns wanted to put John Stewart with Fatality romantically.

Katma actually did return by the end of Green Lantern: Mosaic, but the Darkstars series had her killed off panel, saying that once the power battery blew up and John lost his Guardian powers, Katma--or what at least appeared to be Katma--disappeared. I think the writer of Darkstars did that because he wanted to put John Stewart with his own creation, Merayn Dethalis.

If Katma Tui returned, it would put John in a strange spot. Would he still be married to her? I guess not if you go by the line, "Till death do us part"...if that matters at all. There's a potentially interesting story to be told there, but it doesn't seem like anyone has been willing to tell it, or they haven't had the opportunity to do so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. There's a lot of meat on that bone. From John's earliest training with Hal, to his subsequent mentorship under Katma Tui, there's so much to explore and re-examine under a more modern lens.

I know poor Redjack has a lot on his plate trying to service so many characters and fulfil all those editorial mandates, in addition to trying to forward John's story, but it would be nice at some point to really zero in on John's journey up till now beyond the usual Cosmic Odyssey rehashes. Perhaps after a 2nd GL book gets launched (if that's indeed in the cards), they'll be less focus on the BIG COSMIC EVENTS and more time to let readers know who John Stewart is and what his journey has been. Van Jensen's New 52 origin was interesting, but it felt undercooked because it omitted so much great stuff from the O'Neil/Adams origin, like his early tension with Hal over protecting that racist politician and, of course, John's pitch-perfect introduction chastising cops for hassling a bunch of kids for simply playing chess. The New 52 origin was far too generic superhero for my tastes. Racial politics is baked into the character. It can't be removed so that the corporate bean-counters as less nervous about him.
    This whole post is winning. I thoroughly agree. John's first appearance is timely, for better and for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I really did think Kat was gonna return. They bring back Vibe, but leave Kat dead. I was disappointed, to say the least.

Yeah, pretty sure she stayed dead because they felt it'd make for awkward story telling. Either she's sidelined, or she gets in the way of the current plot.

It'd be amusing to see what she thinks of John and Yrra though

I could be way off but I got the vibe that Yrra and John might become a thing.

BANNED

Why, because of the John Ridley Valentine's Day story?

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED