Page 135 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2641

He also said one of the most defining moments in JL history in media adaption, is the romantic relationship with John and Hawkgirl. He literally said this, but yet of all things, he paired J'onn with Hawkgirl. I felt let down. I would admit I was very disappointed about this. He was clearly a fan of the Martian Manhunter. Nothing wrong with that, but when you say one of the MOST DEFINING MOMENTS in Justice League history is John's relationship with Hawkgirl, then I would expect a writer to do everything he can to make that come true in the comics. Not pair her with the Martian Manhunter. I would expect a writer to fight hard with editorial to make that happen.

Has the invisible spectrum been elaborated upon in any Lantern stories or is the concept dead at this point?
    It'd be cool to see John master UV and the other revealed powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Has the invisible spectrum been elaborated upon in any Lantern stories or is the concept dead at this point?
    I think they did some stuff with it with Sinestro but Snyder never explained anything regarding John, the UV, and the tattoo ring and Thorne's pretty much sidestepped the concept all together, so it's likely gonna be a dead/dormant concept until someone else comes along and starts digging into Emotional Spectrum stuff again.

say, sidenote, did Bendis ever do anything with the gold lantern?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-29-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think they did some stuff with it with Sinestro but Snyder never explained anything regarding John, the UV, and the tattoo ring and Thorne's pretty much ignored it the concept all together, so it's likely gonna be a dead/dormant concept until someone comes along and starts digging into Emotional Spectrum stuff again.

Dang that's a shame, such a cool concept (to me at least)

Dang that's a shame, such a cool concept (to me at least)
    same, I thought the Invisible Spectrum was a cool idea in general and it would've been great to see John be the one to uncover more about this new aspect of the Emotion Spectrum; but unfortunately Snyder is a team player to a fault and not everyone is built like that type of timing. I think his initial plan was to create these concept so they can be used and explained in the characters' "home" titles, and most of them did touch on whatever ideas Snyder was doing to some degree or another, but unfortunately DC cut the GL titles down to just Morrison's GL run. and Grant Morrison gonna Grant Morrison, ya know?

I like to imagine the Gold Lantern is just what happens when you find balance with the Visible Emotional Spectrum with the Invisible Spectrum. now, what that mean and how that equals joy? iunno, but it's my headcanon and I'ma stick beside 'em
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Pretty much dead after Scott Snyder’s JL run.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think they did some stuff with it with Sinestro but Snyder never explained anything regarding John, the UV, and the tattoo ring and Thorne's pretty much sidestepped the concept all together, so it's likely gonna be a dead/dormant concept until someone else comes along and starts digging into Emotional Spectrum stuff again.

Not yet but he’s been teasing “The Gold Lantern Saga” on Instagram. Since JL vs LoSH is coming, maybe Gold Lantern will play a role in that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much dead after Scott Snyder’s JL run.

Not yet but he’s been teasing “The Gold Lantern Saga” on Instagram. Since JL vs LoSH is coming, maybe Gold Lantern will play a role in that.
    ouu that could be interesting. I didn't follow much of his Legion (the text boxes were a little too overwhelming for me) but I did flip through a couple issues for the Gold Lantern recently. I hope Bendis is planning on making the Gold Lantern Saga (if it's actually in the works) a more focused story than the preceeding Legion run, I'm 100% down to check it out.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-29-2021 at 08:39 PM.

currently following:

BANNED

THE BEST LANTERN EVER! I love that part lol.

It's nice to see John's pic featured in the DC FanDome trailer:

BANNED

Yeah-- Not just a marketing push in the books but also as a representative of the company. Hopefully that means big things are in store

Hoping for some news about the GL movie but that list of panels that leaked didn’t have anything.

In other news: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-08.html

Not sure how DC is viewing the sales but right now the IF era doesn’t seem to be doing well outside of Batman of course.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hoping for some news about the GL movie but that list of panels that leaked didn’t have anything.

Not sure how DC is viewing the sales but right now the IF era doesn’t seem to be doing well outside of Batman of course.
    If there's a John Stewart animated movie, I would be extremely happy with that as well. I would be happy if John has a strong presence in a media adaption. I could wait for the GL movie if it comes to that, but in the meantime, I would love to see John featured in other media adaptions.

And speaking of sales, it's interesting that the Green Lantern book is above some other iconic characters, too. I remembered Redjack saying somewhere that the sales from Comichron isn't as accurate and how the Green Lantern sales from the previous issue(s) is higher (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    If there's a John Stewart animated movie, I would be extremely happy with that as well. I would be happy if John has a strong presence in a media adaption. I could wait for the GL movie if it comes to that, but in the meantime, I would love to see John featured in other media adaptions.

And speaking of sales, it's interesting that the Green Lantern book is above some other iconic characters, too. I remembered Redjack saying somewhere that the sales from Comichron isn't as accurate and how the Green Lantern sales from the previous issue(s) is higher (or something like that).
    Good to know, I hope that Comichron is wrong because a lot of series I like aren’t doing so hot in their calculations lmao.

They put John on the spine of their new shared universe movies, they must have something planned with him in it right? I’m assuming a JL movie in the Tomorrowverse will be in the lineup for next year at least.

Good to know, I hope that Comichron is wrong because a lot of series I like aren’t doing so hot in their calculations lmao.

They put John on the spine of their new shared universe movies, they must have something planned with him in it right? I’m assuming a JL movie in the Tomorrowverse will be in the lineup for next year at least.
    I think he and Hawkgirl might be in the JL film rather than getting a straight-up GL film, although I guess it might be a title they feel like dusting off again.

There's also Sinestro on the spine so it's anyone's guess how it all fits together.

Hoping for some news about the GL movie but that list of panels that leaked didnÂ’t have anything.

Not sure how DC is viewing the sales but right now the IF era doesnÂ’t seem to be doing well outside of Batman of course.
    Somewhere around 1:15:40 you'll get some news about the GL numbers, at least. if we don't get to go to the second arc it will strictly be due to an editorial change of direction. Sales-wise, we are competitive. And no, at this time, I have no data regarding arc 2.