Page 168 of 177 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Not to derail, but what was the quality and level of dedication to any depiction of Cyborg in his narrative around this time. Just wasn't cutting it. John barely was a half a step better.
    Around which time in particular?

For the last couple of weeks, any time I checked into this thread, it's been less about John Stewart and more about Martian Manhunter/Cyborg/Geoff Johns/somebody else.

Can we all just agree that Johns handling of John Stewart and Cyborg left something to be desired even if we don't agree on the extent to which Johns fell short?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    For the last couple of weeks, any time I checked into this thread, it's been less about John Stewart and more about Martian Manhunter/Cyborg/Geoff Johns/somebody else.

Can we all just agree that Johns handling of John Stewart and Cyborg left something to be desired even if we don't agree on the extent to which Johns fell short?
    Same old arguments and complaints as always. Would help if we had more John Stewart stuff to talk about besides the book, but people really gotta stop carrying a grudge over the Johns era. It’s over, it’s been over for 10 years now for GL and for 4-5 years with DC as a whole. Whether John succeeds or fails with this second push he’s getting won’t be anything Johns can affect, so time to lay that boogeyman to rest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Same old arguments and complaints as always. Would help if we had more John Stewart stuff to talk about besides the book, but people really gotta stop carrying a grudge over the Johns era. It’s over, it’s been over for 10 years now for GL and for 4-5 years with DC as a whole. Whether John succeeds or fails with this second push he’s getting won’t be anything Johns can affect, so time to lay that boogeyman to rest.
    Until both John Stewart and Cyborg gets 10 years worth of decent usage to COUNTER how Johns did both of them-nothing gets to rest.

Because we got 10 years of them both being marginalized.

Those stories don't go away. NOR do the fans of said stories. Along with folks who would LOVE to see Green Lantern and other books have less Melanin on the cover, in the book and creating the book.

Someone has to follow Redjack after he's done. You can't find that person if there is limited material with John being more than the token black friend or Cyborg being Batman's Internet.

BANNED

Even after Johns, Stewart has had a pretty sporadic spotlight. A short run by Van Jensen then being on Snyder's and Venditti's Leagues. . . That's not that much. He still doesn't have an expanded modern origin, like Year One, Birthright, etc. He doesn't have well established connections to Earth. He doesn't have a villain with something personal to him besides Fatality and to a lesser extent Sinestro. He doesn't have an active love interest. He doesn't have a personal nickname--I thought it would be Lightbringer, but apparently that's someone else. He's only recently been referred to as being in high-esteem by his peers, on par with the Trinity.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-03-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Yeah he needs a new origin. Hell they haven’t used Year One for GL have they? Hal had Secret Origin so I say put out a BL John Stewart book that retells his origin for the modern era. Totally agree he needs a LI, I hope that’s coming once he gets back to Guardian space.

Just think there’s more reason to be optimistic when it comes to John than bitter. Especially if he’s the star of the upcoming GL animated movie as we expect, between that, his SS game appearance, and the upcoming CoIE trilogy of which he is the main GL, there’s a lot of John Stewart content coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Just think there’s more reason to be optimistic when it comes to John than bitter. Especially if he’s the star of the upcoming GL animated movie as we expect, between that, his SS game appearance, and the upcoming CoIE trilogy of which he is the main GL, there’s a lot of John Stewart content coming.
    Agreed

What happened to Merayn?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Even after Johns, Stewart has had a pretty sporadic spotlight. A short run by Van Jensen then being on Snyder's and Venditti's Leagues. . . That's not that much. He still doesn't have an expanded modern origin, like Year One, Birthright, etc. He doesn't have well established connections to Earth. He doesn't have a villain with something personal to him besides Fatality and to a lesser extent Sinestro. He doesn't have an active love interest. He doesn't have a personal nickname--I thought it would be Lightbringer, but apparently that's someone else. He's only recently been referred to as being in high-esteem by his peers, on par with the Trinity.
    It's true that there's a lot of work that needs to be done with John. It's a good thing that he's being pushed more these days. I think we'll get there, but it's going to take some time and I'm sure it's going to be worth it.

Yeah he needs a new origin. Hell they haven’t used Year One for GL have they? Hal had Secret Origin so I say put out a BL John Stewart book that retells his origin for the modern era. Totally agree he needs a LI, I hope that’s coming once he gets back to Guardian space.

Where did you get this from? Is there really going to be a COIE trilogy where John is going to be the main GL? If so, that sounds promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened to Merayn?
    The last time I remember seeing her was way back when Judd Winick was writing Green Lantern. I don't think any writer pick up writing her after that. I think it's time for John to move on from those previous relationships.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Where did you get this from? Is there really going to be a COIE trilogy where John is going to be the main GL? If so, that sounds promising!
    An animated COIE trilogy is rumoured to be in development. John was the GL at the time so I guess the logical conclusion is that he will be the GL for that project.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Until both John Stewart and Cyborg gets 10 years worth of decent usage to COUNTER how Johns did both of them-nothing gets to rest.

Because we got 10 years of them both being marginalized.

Those stories don't go away. NOR do the fans of said stories. Along with folks who would LOVE to see Green Lantern and other books have less Melanin on the cover, in the book and creating the book.

Someone has to follow Redjack after he's done. You can't find that person if there is limited material with John being more than the token black friend or Cyborg being Batman's Internet.
    *nods head in agreement*
    Don't complain. Create.

sorry. wrong thread.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-04-2021 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Be cool if he could see multiple animated John Stewart's, maybe even have one of them meet GL:TAS Hal.
    The last time I remember seeing her was way back when Judd Winick was writing Green Lantern. I don't think any writer pick up writing her after that. I think it's time for John to move on from those previous relationships.
    Just feels weird they'd establish him in a committed relationship with an alien girl and then forget about her, although maybe that just happened with downplaying the Darkstars in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

John's short-lived mask phase...