BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Thanks for this edit
    ^This. Much appreciated .
    Don't complain. Create.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Isn't that ruled out by her sexuality? Serious question since I haven't read FS but heard she wasn't straight.
    I only read a few issues but I think she had some tension with a male alien and referenced trying a relationship with a female one, so my read was either bi or pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'd totally ship Jo & John.
    I prefer John to be in a relationship with a non Green Lantern. it'll be a plus if he dated another superhero or an entirely new character. The latter can help build a foundation for him as a character. He needs supporting characters that revolves around him more than anyone else.

I'd prefer a civilian. Hero/Hero relationships tend to fluctuate way too much for comfort. If he does get with a heroine then she'd have to be a cosmic one so she fits with his aesthetic and can keep up with him in a similar fashion to Ollie and Dinah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I prefer John to be in a relationship with a non Green Lantern. it'll be a plus if he dated another superhero or an entirely new character. The latter can help build a foundation for him as a character. He needs supporting characters that revolves around him more than anyone else.
    I'm all for more civilians, but it won't work with John or any GL anymore. DC doesn't let them stay earthbound outside of Justice League books. All their stories are in space now. Look at Hal and Guy. Each has a love interest on Earth (Carol and Tora respectively). How often do we see Tora? Granted Guy doesn't get much focus anymore, but almost never even when he does. Carol? She actually can go to space and her interactions with Hal are still rare outside of the Johns run. She showed up in Hal & Pals, what, twice in 50 issues? I had to look it up and yeah, she shows up twice and had no real agency either time.

For any GL to get pagetime with a love interest, they kind of need to be another GL or DC has zero interest. And for what it's worth? They need to give John's personality more than "I'm a marine who blew up a planet with my hubris," which he absolutely has, but they only focus on that. He won't be interesting if he remains two-dimensional and his love interest will absolutely run him over if they don't focus on defining his character. He got his roots as an architect with an ear to the ground for social reform-- that needs to be reintegrated into his character now more than ever.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Thanks for this edit
    Lmao I didn't edit it, I found it. But np.

hmmm.

yeah. all that would be pretty difficult considering what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm all for more civilians, but it won't work with John or any GL anymore. DC doesn't let them stay earthbound outside of Justice League books. All their stories are in space now. Look at Hal and Guy. Each has a love interest on Earth (Carol and Tora respectively). How often do we see Tora? Granted Guy doesn't get much focus anymore, but almost never even when he does. Carol? She actually can go to space and her interactions with Hal are still rare outside of the Johns run. She showed up in Hal & Pals, what, twice in 50 issues? I had to look it up and yeah, she shows up twice and had no real agency either time.

For any GL to get pagetime with a love interest, they kind of need to be another GL or DC has zero interest. And for what it's worth? They need to give John's personality more than "I'm a marine who blew up a planet with my hubris," which he absolutely has, but they only focus on that. He won't be interesting if he remains two-dimensional and his love interest will absolutely run him over if they don't focus on defining his character. He got his roots as an architect with an ear to the ground for social reform-- that needs to be reintegrated into his character now more than ever.
    I think twice if we're counting the real Carol and her first one being her sensing Hal forging his ring in the Rebirth issue.

Although with all these GL's in space and dealing with space stuff, I wonder who is patrolling 2814? John's not on the League anymore. Hal and Jess?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think twice if we're counting the real Carol and her first one being her sensing Hal forging his ring in the Rebirth issue.

Although with all these GL's in space and dealing with space stuff, I wonder who is patrolling 2814? John's not on the League anymore. Hal and Jess?
    Maybe Simon which is why we never see him?

Maybe Simon which is why we never see him?
    If that's Simon in the preview, then it looks like he's in space with John and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that's Simon in the preview, then it looks like he's in space with John and the others.
    It's Charlie Vicker! He's the one watching Earth!

So what's everyone think is John's mixtape for when he's commuting in space? I refuse to believe GLs don't stream some music when they're flying solo out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hmmm.

yeah. all that would be pretty difficult considering what's going to happen.
    well, thats not ominous at all...
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Isn't that ruled out by her sexuality? Serious question since I haven't read FS but heard she wasn't straight.

I only read a few issues but I think she had some tension with a male alien and referenced trying a relationship with a female one, so my read was either bi or pan.
    Hey, not all fan-ships become canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I can't see John with a civilian, unless she was a lantern stationed on Oa. Most of John's notable lovers (comics & outside media) have been battled tested women.

John needs a literal ride or die woman.