Page 144 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2641
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did you not jive with him in Sam Humprhies' GL's run?
    I thought Humphries run didn't really get pumping until the end with the whole First Lantern Volthoom stuff, and even that felt like he was following directions given to him by Johns

BANNED

Glad to see John getting upgraded alongside the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also, this version of Baz is actually interesting. I hope his powerset remains the same going forward.

BANNED

I can always appreciate a set of Kirby dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought Humphries run didn't really get pumping until the end with the whole First Lantern Volthoom stuff, and even that felt like he was following directions given to him by Johns
    I thought he did a good job with Jess and Simon's partner dynamic and Simon's home life, but that's just me...
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Glad to see John getting upgraded alongside the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also, this version of Baz is actually interesting. I hope his powerset remains the same going forward.
    Reminds me of Ion.

BANNED

Reminds me of Ion.
    I'd rather he not be Space Jesus like Ion was. Kyle was essentially promoted out of relevancy so Hal could be the standard/classic GL lead, while Kyle became a jobber to establish how threatening the villains were.

The only reason I'm good with this is that it's also happening to Superman and Wonder Woman, and I don't see DC turning all of that generation into jobbers. Feels more like the next stage for everyone.

Eh, Superman and Wonder Woman (at least currently) have multiple books so they can "afford" these changes, if John becomes Guardians or Lord of Order or some other godly entity I could see him being turned into a supporting character for Jo or some other Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Maybe, however

spoilers:
    That suit design looks very much like a New Gods thing. Add that to his "friendship" with Orion in Future State, and John may be becoming something else altogether
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the design of the suit does looks like New Gods, other than the colors. There may be more to this than John just having the powers of a Guardian.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Eh, Superman and Wonder Woman (at least currently) have multiple books so they can "afford" these changes, if John becomes Guardians or Lord of Order or some other godly entity I could see him being turned into a supporting character for Jo or some other Lantern.
    I think it can work. Kyle did have his own maxi series when he became ION. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that here. Also, there have been some talks of DC Comics possibly expanding the Green Lantern franchise into another new series. I'm curious on whether we'll see another new GL series on the way next year? Also based off of the latest solicits, it looks like we may see these changes reflect on John forever.

Anyways, John's new suit looks badass.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Lords of order are magic, the maltusians are a super evolved race, but the didn't "evolve" into Lords of Order because they reject magic; that doesn't really seem to have anything to do with whats going on with John. plus, there has been no indication John has ever had any magical potential in his entire history, so it wouldn't really make since to just jump to him being a Lord of Order. We already saw earlier that John talked to Ganthet about sealing his powers away, seems pretty cut and dry. why the New Gods are getting involved is the real question.
    Yeah, you're right. Issue 4 straight up shows Ganthet hiding John's ascension.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think it can work. Kyle did have his own maxi series when he became ION. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that here.
    Sure, it can work if it is well executed.

Also, there have been some talks of DC Comics possibly expanding the Green Lantern franchise into another new series.
    Where?

I'd rather he not be Space Jesus like Ion was. Kyle was essentially promoted out of relevancy so Hal could be the standard/classic GL lead, while Kyle became a jobber to establish how threatening the villains were.

The only reason I'm good with this is that it's also happening to Superman and Wonder Woman, and I don't see DC turning all of that generation into jobbers. Feels more like the next stage for everyone.
    Wasn't Kyle quickly de-powered as Ion when Hal came back? By the end of Rebirth I think the core 4 were all normal Earth Lanterns and Ion wasn't a thing again until Sodam Yat.

Diana with the Godsphere didn't stick, she's already just came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think it can work. Kyle did have his own maxi series when he became ION. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that here. Also, there have been some talks of DC Comics possibly expanding the Green Lantern franchise into another new series. I'm curious on whether we'll see another new GL series on the way next year? Also based off of the latest solicits, it looks like we may see these changes reflect on John forever.

Anyways, John's new suit looks badass.
    The current GL book is an ensemble so either one GL gets a solo or they split the focus, if we get a new book.

Extraordinary Member

A cosmic powered black man. I am intrigued.

I like the new costume a lot! Glad to see John sporting glowing green eyes again lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Where?
    It was from one of his earlier video interviews. His interviews are great and pretty long, so it's hard to track it. I can't remember interview it was, but it was said that DC desires for there to be another GL book, but that one may be a limited series or something like that. It doesn't mean that we're going to see another one, but they do desire that there be another one. I can't fully remember. I'm going to have to find it.

The current GL book is an ensemble so either one GL gets a solo or they split the focus, if we get a new book.
    Right, I'm sure if there's two GL books, one will be solo while the other is team focused (like GLC).

I bought me that fandom GL shirt fearing John Stewart and it looks so cool! Love the green color! It’s so vibrant and turns my eyes more green, which is a huge plus! Anybody else get any fandom related merchandise? Specifically John?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!