Page 161 of 177 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think we ended up with better GA/Vixen designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    He's really good artist. I think he's going to do more work on Green Lantern. I seen him post a recent tweet of Jo Mullein, drawn by him.

Damn I thought he was doing a creator owned book! Would love to have him back!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He's really good artist. I think he's going to do more work on Green Lantern. I seen him post a recent tweet of Jo Mullein, drawn by him.

It’s from today’s issue of Suicide Squad, Waller sends them to OA. Ironically lead by the green lantern villain Major Force
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well, the new issue kicks all kinds of ass. Great art. Great story, and bonus points for finally remembering that the Young Guardians existed.

I also loved the bit where John outright dismissed being yet another 'Chosen One' in a genre already overflowing with them.

Fantastic issue today. Did not expect to see Thorne address Morrison’s Young Guardians but he did, and I gotta respect any DC writer still working to incorporate what came before them in continuity at this point. Both the John and the Jo sides of the story were really interesting, ChrisCross killed it on art as expected. Things are heating up!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This issue was solid! It's nice to see a writer (and editors) acknowledging creative team's previous work, especially for Green Lantern. I've been critical about this for some time. It's nice they're addressing these kind of issues.

With that said, I love the development for how John is written here. No matter how seemingly different John is or can be when it comes to his abilities whether they're limited or not, he's still considers himself as a Green Lantern, first and foremost. John has a lot of love for the Green Lantern Corps and it's one of the reasons why he became the first male Star Sapphire. He chooses his own path and doesn't let fate get in the way. This issue was terrific!

I also love both artists in this book.

And it looks like we probably have a clue on who's the cause of the central power battery being disassembled. If it's who I think it is, then that person's the last one I ever expect to be behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s from today’s issue of Suicide Squad, Waller sends them to OA. Ironically lead by the green lantern villain Major Force
    Ah so it's from Suicide Squad. Would've been cool if he did more Green Lantern work. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 11-16-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

This was a great issue. I thought that both John's and Jo's parts were very engaging.

My favourite panel right here, big Darwyn Cooke vibes.

So Metron looking guy that John met is same one we saw second issue commenting on battery going boom.

Nice to see that Young Guardians were remembered, but I found it a bit weird that they were supposedly only in that one recording. They did ran things for a while and interacted with Lanterns. Sure, Jo likely never met them, but you know, show the video to Simon and he should be able to give more info.

And Qwardians were name dropped, wouldn't mind to see Weaponeer 666 again

Cover to Wonder Woman: Evolution #4.

It's great to see that John is still recognized as the League's Green Lantern. He probably will make a brief appearance in there. Is Wonder Woman: Evolution canon?

BANNED

It's great to see that John is still recognized as the League's Green Lantern. He probably will make a brief appearance in there. Is Wonder Woman: Evolution canon?
    And in a comic with Cyborg to boot .

BANNED

No it’s out of continuity, but it’s symbolic of how he’s back to being the “default” GL.

BANNED