Page 10 of 177 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Dave Gibbons is awesome.

Do you all have any favorite artists who have drawn John?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When the hell did that happen? As a casual who has only read bits of pre-Johns GL, I don’t remember seeing that. Certainly feels like something that’s been stealth retconned Marvel style.

These anthologies are stand alone so what Ridley does here won’t impact what Thorne’s plans are. I’m tired of Xanshi rehashes too, but Ridley has been doing a good job so far, I’ll give him a chance here. Art is going to be fantastic at least, that’s the JLD artist and he’s great!
    Good point. I'm definitely picking this up. I am hearing good things about him. So is Ridley a primary writer for DC Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I'm the minority (per usual ) but I actually like John with Fatality, and I think she is part of the puzzle for properly putting Xanshi storyline to bed for John. to me, if Carol is allowed to murder John's wife and move past it, and Hal can super murder the entire Corps and move on, I'm fine with them going back and developing his relationship with Fatality the right way if it's done well; because neither character are really in the wrong for how they feel, and that's what makes them compelling and plausible to salvage imo. If this were someone like Geoff Johns writing it I wouldn't trust it nor would I be interested in reading it, at all, but Ridley has done nothing but impressed me (so far) since he's been at DC this time around; I trust his pen.
    Fatality is one of the very few characters that has the strongest supporting cast for John Stewart, compared to other GLs. So I have no problem with her being somewhat involved in a John Stewart story. I'm 100% fine with that. But what I have a problem with is the possibility of her being a love interest with John Stewart. This nonsense came from Geoff Johns' run. It was a very small moment that she was somehow in love with him when she became a Star-Sapphire. Geoff Johns didn't do anything to explore this story, other than his final issue where John was with Fatality when he became a Senator. There was a reason why Van Jensen did what he did with those two. He just made it so that Fatality was never in love with him and it was the Sapphire ring that caused it. I'm glad he's done this, because it makes no sense to fall in love with a guy that destroyed billions of her people, due to sheer arrogance (in Van Jensen's run he made it so that John was a little cocky, but not as arrogant in the original. And Martian Manhunter was left out in the entire scene. This changed when Scott Snyder got involved in JL). She can forgive him of course, but it's a weird feeling to ship them together imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I maintain that's been stealth retconned.
    When John guest starred in Justin Jordan's run with Kyle. I just felt like there was an awkward moment when John greeted Carol Ferris. It makes no sense whatsoever if that isn't retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I assumed that it was retconned with the new 52, I mean since Flash-point have you ever heard of John being married outside the alternate future at the end of Geoff John’s run where he’s married and I believe a mayor (maybe it was a senator I’d have to go back and check, I just remember John at a podium).

Edit: Found the image, looks like he’s a Senator or Congressman of some kind.

Attachment 104562
    Ah, so he became a congressman it seems. Good find.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Good point. I'm definitely picking this up. I am hearing good things about him. So is Ridley a primary writer for DC Comics?
    He’s writing Future State Batman and Other History, and after Future State is writing some more stories in anthologies. He’s got a Tim Fox Batman story in Black & White and a Superman story in Blue & Red coming. No clue if he’ll be taking on another ongoing, he was supposed to write 5G Batman before that all collapsed, so he seems open to doing more work. But he’s also a successful Hollywood scriptwriter so he may end up just dipping his toe in comics for a little bit before bailing back to movie scriptwriting. I’d like for him to stick around, I’ve enjoyed his work so far.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Dave Gibbons is awesome.

Do you all have any favorite artists who have drawn John?
    Bernard Chang
    Dave Gibbons
    Joe Staton

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I'm the minority (per usual ) but I actually like John with Fatality, and I think she is part of the puzzle for properly putting Xanshi storyline to bed for John. to me, if Carol is allowed to murder John's wife and move past it, and Hal can super murder the entire Corps and move on, I'm fine with them going back and developing his relationship with Fatality the right way if it's done well; because neither character are really in the wrong for how they feel, and that's what makes them compelling and plausible to salvage imo. If this were someone like Geoff Johns writing it I wouldn't trust it nor would I be interested in reading it, at all, but Ridley has done nothing but impressed me (so far) since he's been at DC this time around; I trust his pen.
    Same here.. hoping for the best with this issue..