Page 96 of 177 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2641

I hope he does have John and the Thanagarian hook up, I like John dating aliens.

Hm, maybe Lightray? Or the Black Racer, the situation certainly works for him to show up lol.

God I hope Soy comes back, he’s such a great fit for the cosmic storytelling this run is going for.

Got no clue what that tease could mean lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope he does have John and the Thanagarian hook up, I like John dating aliens.

Hm, maybe Lightray? Or the Black Racer, the situation certainly works for him to show up lol.

God I hope Soy comes back, he’s such a great fit for the cosmic storytelling this run is going for.

Got no clue what that tease could mean lol
    Must John only be with Hawk-women????

Anyways, it should be Shayera or no hawkgirl.

I prefer John with Vixen honestly.

With he powers she could adapt to space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So I looked at Redjack's 2 hour interview and it was great!

You can look at it here:

I don't remember everything, but here's a list of some thing that were discussed:

• There’s a possibility that Tai from Green Lantern legacy would be added in some kind of way, but it’s hard bringing him in, due to being in a different continuity.
    • We’re going to see more of the Thanagarian character, Ameryra Khalan. The possibility about her and John being in a relationship is up in the air.
    • We won’t see Orion in these arcs like we seen in Future State, but there’s a tease that someone from 4th world may make an appearance.
    • Dexter Soy may be (that's a big maybe) returning to the series
    • He noted that the Dark sectors where John and the team are exploring are between space and the promethean galaxies (which is part of DC continuity).
    • There’s a hint towards the end of the interview where it was asked what John Stewart readers should look forward to in the upcoming issues. Redjack mentions the word “Lighting” and country western tunes. hmmm...
    this all sound interesting (no clue what that tease means) except for hooking him up with psuedo-Hawkgirl. I hate to use the term "knock off character" but that's what the character is reading like from the outset. iunno, as a fan of the Hawkgirl/John pairing growing up I feel like if I wanna see John with a Hawkgirl "type" I'd rather just pairing him up with one of the actually Hawkgirls/women or just leave the idea alone. they could just be colleagues that come to respect each other; better yet, let them just be rivals. that's the better play off the HawkgirlxJohn dynamic.

I feel Black Racer or Jog would be cool to see but I'm gonna guess it's is gonna be someone like Mister Miracle, Lightray, or Highfather that's gonna end up being the New Gods connection. I'm curious what they're trying to do with the New Gods in general.

I'm still on the fence about if Tai should be brought over but Morrison already teased it and I guess there is no harm in consolidating all aspect of the Green Lanterns mythology. hopefully that'll include Alan Scott at some point.

I love me some good Dexter Soy work, but I can take or leave him on this book ngl. he's done great just hasn't wowed me like he did when he started out on Outsiders.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

He was married to Katma! He had a thing with Fatality! And hey I don’t mind him dating a Hawk long as it isn’t Shayera because then you run into the “Storm” problem. If you’re dating a character that has strong ties to another franchise, that’s going to be very tough to work out, particularly Shayera who is heavily tied to Katar romantically. It was fine for the DCAU since they were an Elseworld, but for the mainline I’d prefer if John’s LI were ones he didn’t have to “share” with anyone, particularly ones who seem to be appearing in a movie soon where they’ll be paired up with their comics LIs.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

I do agree that it SHOULD be Shayera, no doubt. And no one can convince me otherwise. With that said, I'm pretty sure editorial probably said "no". So she can't be used and have a role in the book. If that's the only thing on what they have to offer, then so be it. Of course I wouldn't be as happy as John being with Shayera, but it's better for him to be in a relationship than none. Even if John does end up being with her, it doesn't mean there's no chance that John will ever be with Shayera. If it does happen (which I really really wish), it won't happen anytime soon.

I still would admit that I am a bit disappointed that Shayera won't play a guest role and be a love interest in this book. Some Hawkgirl fans were expecting Shayera to be in there. But I think it's the best they can do at the moment.

Well yea, but Geoff Johns is the one who written Forever Evil and written both Black Adam and Sinestro as anti-heroes in different stories, rather than outright villains, which is the opposite of how previous writers defined them. It really comes to how Geoff Johns perceived those characters and the direction he wanted to take them.
    Character development .
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

We rarely see John in civilian clothes, come to think of it. I guess that's true for every GL.

Hopefully John will get back together with Shayera in Justice League Infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Character development .
    No arguments there. I agree

Hopefully John will get back together with Shayera in Justice League Infinity

He has to at some point, she has to pop out a kid of his for the Beyond era JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He has to at some point, she has to pop out a kid of his for the Beyond era JL.
    That's exactly on what I was thinking lol

I mean, if John is going to hook up with a Thangarian I hope its not the exact same dynamic he had with Shayera on JLU. I hope it's something different.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I mean, if John is going to hook up with a Thangarian I hope its not the exact same dynamic he had with Shayera on JLU. I hope it's something different.
    It needs to be different, since this character isn't Shayera.

As of August, Future State Green Lantern is set in the past. We know because Jessica's story has a sequel in an annual. So expect John to be in his Future State look soon!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As of August, Future State Green Lantern is set in the past. We know because Jessica's story has a sequel in an annual. So expect John to be in his Future State look soon!
    well. you COULD expect that.

but i wouldn't lay any bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Character development .

We rarely see John in civilian clothes, come to think of it. I guess that's true for every GL.
    I really liked John's civilian look in the mid 80s stint.