Page 133 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's getting published in stories so that usually helps from a romantic perspective.
    More Yrra Cynril?

BANNED

For those with Red Blue 3D Glasses:

https://www.deviantart.com/xmancyclo...lyph-892160530

BANNED

This guy has a lot of cool 3d artwork like this on his page. He even did an entire 3d version of a public domain Blue Beetle story. Reminds me of the 3d sequences in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

BANNED

Another:

Red/Blue paper glasses are dirt cheap on Amazon and are worth getting just to look at this guy's page. All of the art looks so much more cinematic in 3D.

https://www.deviantart.com/xmancyclo...ph-2-500471169

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    After a string of aliens, he's about due for an Earther.
    I actually prefer to see John with aliens myself. Feel like one of the GLs should have a family with a nonhuman partner.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't mind whether John dates humans or aliens, but I think it's time for him to get into one. Speaking of relationships, I remember Redjack saying something the about the new character Ameyra Khalan was created to strongly resemble Shayera Hol from the JL/JLU cartoon. But she may be a little too much for John, so them getting into a relationship might be slim or very slim. He also said it's not possible for a John/Shayera, due to obvious reasons in the current DCU. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like that. If John ever gets with Ameyra, I would be fine with that, but that's a slim chance.

It's so unfortunate that John won't be in a relationship with Shayera Hol. Personally I blame all of this on the previous heads who were running DC Comics management back then. What a missed opportunity and they just didn't want it to happen. What a shame.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't mind whether John dates humans or aliens, but I think it's time for him to get into one. Speaking of relationships, I remember Redjack saying something the about the new character Ameyra Khalan was created to strongly resemble Shayera Hol from the JL/JLU cartoon. But she may be a little too much for John, so them getting into a relationship might be slim or very slim. He also said it's not possible for a John/Shayera, due to obvious reasons in the current DCU. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like that. If John ever gets with Ameyra, I would be fine with that, but that's a slim chance.

It's so unfortunate that John won't be in a relationship with Shayera Hol. Personally I blame all of this on the previous heads who were running DC Comics management back then. What a missed opportunity and they just didn't want it to happen. What a shame.
    I still think they could make the whole John/Shayera romance work without cuckolding Hawkman. A love triangle with Hawkman/Hawkgirl/John could actually spice up that romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I still think they could make the whole John/Shayera romance work without cuckolding Hawkman. A love triangle with Hawkman/Hawkgirl/John could actually spice up that romance.
    Well, there was Carter, Kendra, and Sand back in the JSA days. I actually think in the Johns run they had a few other potential love interests keeping their attention away from each other.

Could still date Kendra, she’s not attached to a permanent partner and is already established as liking green men. Big problem with dating cross franchises though is that the character doesn't “belong” to the GLs, they belong to their home franchise. See: Black Panther and Storm, that relationship has really gotten toxic for BP. The DCAU could get away with it because it’s an Elseworld (and because Stewart is a more important character there than Hawkman). Shayera will probably be dating Hawkman in the DCEU so John wouldn’t have gotten to keep her anyway because of the brand synergy.

For that basic relationship, there is the Hawk OC Redjack has created, she would “belong” to John and thus no one would take her away, or Kendra like I said since she isn’t attached to Carter anymore and is a free agent.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That would be an interesting story as long as they don't cuckold him, which they didn't do in the DCAU such as the Star Crossed storyine. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar here. John being in a romance with Hawkgirl can also help build up his character. Some kind of Green Lantern/Thanagarian storyline would be an interesting space adventure.

Extraordinary Member

I'm thinking writers would have less hoops to jump through if Kat is resurrected. Kat is part of the GL franchise.

Plus, John may have his guardians powers....

as much as I loved John & Shayera and really wanted that re-established in the comics with John & Kendra, after Snyder dropped the ball on that l think John and any Hawkwomen pairing should just be abandon. I don't want him ending up with the Thanagarian Throne's introduced because I'm not interested in seeing a new character ultimately just used so we can have a bootleg approximation of a version of a relationship that was popular elsewhere and coulda been easily established in-canon. I say keep working toward reconciling Yrra Cynril or just give him someone new.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-23-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Kendra's in this weird spot for me that I'm just not sure what her deal or role is now, aside from I guess being the independent, swinging single, Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    as much as I loved John & Shayera and really wanted that re-established in the comics with John & Kendra, after Snyder dropped the ball on that l think John and any Hawkwomen pairing should just be abandon. I don't want him ending up with this Thanagarian Throne's introduced because I'm not interested in seeing a new character thats there just so we can have a bootleg version of a relationship that was popular elsewhere and coulda been easily established in-canon. I say keep working toward reconciling Yrra Cyril or just give him someone new.
    give me some credit, man.

BANNED

John will appear in ARE YOU AFRAID OF DARKSEID? next month.