Page 56 of 177 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I prefer the classic fisticuffs between them. I do think Hal has a stronger emotional connection with Sinestro, than John, Kyle, and Guy. Writers had plenty opportunities over the years to show Hal spending downtime with his emerald bros. He respects them, though.
    We got that during Johns and Venditti's run though (Hal's known Sinestro the longest though).
    I am definitely intrigued to see John build any comradery with Simon, Jo, and Keli.
    Same here .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think all the core four Earth Lanterns are close to each other, in their own way.

Jessica and Simon both look up to Hal and John. Simon bonded with Kyle. Jessica bonded with Guy.
    I don't care what anyone says, Red lantern Guy Gardner is MY Guy Gardner.... I truely ENJOYED the Red Lanterns comic when he joined and I do personally believe he fits better as a Red Lantern than a GL but that's just my personal opinion.

Incredible Member

We got that during Johns and Venditti's run though (Hal's known Sinestro the longest though).

Same here .
    Do you know which issues those were? No one ever talks about those and a standard Hal Jordan and John Stewart google search doesn't show them interacting much besides a couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, Red lantern Guy Gardner is MY Guy Gardner.... I truely ENJOYED the Red Lanterns comic when he joined and I do personally believe he fits better as a Red Lantern than a GL but that's just my personal opinion.
    I liked Guy as a Red too, although I just don't think there was much of a future for him there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Do you know which issues those were? No one ever talks about those and a standard Hal Jordan and John Stewart google search doesn't show them interacting much besides a couple of pages.
    I was thinking of scenes in Rebirth, Sinestro Corps., throughout a lot of Venditti arcs.

(A google search isn't going to show you all there is to the comics in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I feel like this has come up before.

BANNED

I definitely think John is more likely to appear on screen next, since DC has been promoting him more recently, and the DCEU doesn't have a major Black hero at this point because of the Whedon/Fisher drama...

I didn't realize Snyder preferred John. According to those Reddit comments, Snyder was setting John up as the GL primarily associated with the team, with Hal becoming Parallax.

Apparently, WB is thinking of doing a Black Superman, and since there only seems to be one Black hero pushed at a time, John might get undercut by that... TBH, I wish they could get a modern Clark down right and just do a John-focused film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I definitely think John is more likely to appear on screen next, since DC has been promoting him more recently, and the DCEU doesn't have a major Black hero at this point because of the Whedon/Fisher drama...

I didn't realize Snyder preferred John. According to those Reddit comments, Snyder was setting John up as the GL primarily associated with the team, with Hal becoming Parallax.

Apparently, WB is thinking of doing a Black Superman, and since there only seems to be one Black hero pushed at a time, John might get undercut by that... TBH, I wish they could get a modern Clark down right and just do a John-focused film.
    Is that duo GLC movie still on the table?

BANNED

Is that duo GLC movie still on the table?
    I don't think there has been an announcement or even rumors in months. Last rumor I came across was that WB wanted JJ Abrams for either Superman or GLC, and now the rumors seem to indicate he chose Superman. At this point, GLC may be in development hell. It's had so many starts and stops over the years. WB may not even push forward on it unless the show does well AND they see opportunity in a revamped DCEU. If they go with a Black Superman, I think that'll be another nail in the coffin for the property unless that other stuff I mentioned happens. . . I'm really not even sure what to make of the David Ramsey rumors a this point. . .

Flashpoint will allow them to reset, and The Batman is something they'll likely try to expand on in some way after that reset. But that still leaves lots of room for different configurations.

Right now, WB seems to see their Justice League as: Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Superman. WW, AQ, and Flash wouldn't have even gotten a push if WB weren't trying to compete with Marvel, leading to their roles in BvS and Justice League. Going forward, since these 5 are now part of the public consciousness in a big way, I would imagine these heroes continue to get pushed and rebooted, even if their films are disconnected.

Strangely, WB are also willing to push unaffiliated teams and heroes like the Suicide Squad, Shazam, Black Adam, and Birds of Prey, maybe because those characters don't have to have the same level of "editorial" oversight, since they don't come with the same expectation of crossover.

A classic-style Justice League seems to be off the table, but I actually think that's what Abrams would be best suited for, based on his Star Trek work.

What's funny is that the promotions related to the comics are now pushing the Big 5 properties instead of the Trinity, but that may be adjusted based on how the films play out.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-01-2021 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

Jeremy Roberts

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The initial plan for the GLCorps movie was to have an older Hal recruit John, then die at the end of the film and be resurrected as Parallax as the stinger, setting up the sequel. But, Tom Cruise didn't want to die or become a bad guy in the sequel so the movie fell apart

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I always thought John kinda got short sheeted for a LOOOONG time.
    After Mosiac was cancelled, he didn't really appear anywhere until Darkstars.
    It wasn't until Marz introduced him in Green Lantern as a supporting character that I really started to enjoy his stories.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.