Page 141 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2641
    BANNED

Is there a link to the GL aanouncement? I don't see it online

Edit-- Found it:https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-anim...-green-lantern
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-16-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No link yet but it was announced in the 2022 slate of animated movies briefly. Gonna be a summer release but no other details were revealed.

No JL movie? Interesting, I would’ve thought there’d be the first team up of the JL in the Tomorrowverse for 2022.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Hopefully we get details on GL: BMP soon an not a few months down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It will either be John solo or John and Hal buddy cop movie, count on it. But holy **** FINALLY another GL movie!
    They did JLD before the movies did, maybe they do the GLC Buddy Cop movie before the movies did.

They mentioned Brightest Day and Blackest Night so I wonder if they are touching on Johns stuff beyond the Oath. Sinestro is in his Sinestro Corps. uniform, and they've never adapted Sinestro Corps. War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    If it's a John solo, I'm sure Hal would be featured in some capacity
    It's a new continuity so there's a chance they can build up the Earth Lanterns, assuming they don't give John Hal's relationship with Sinestro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No JL movie? Interesting, I would’ve thought there’d be the first team up of the JL in the Tomorrowverse for 2022.
    Seems like the Tomorrowverse movie is the GL film unless they announce something new. Maybe the Matt Ryan Constantine Showcase short will be set in the universe as well.

BANNED

John has always had a relationship with Sinestro--as far back as him dating Katma from Korugar.

BANNED

John has always had a relationship with Sinestro--as far back as him dating Katma from Korugar.
    Yeah, but it's never been like the deep and personal enmity. If anything Sinestro respects and likes John compared to the other GL's.

Even the DCAU gave John Hal's thing of being more personable with Sinestro and helping be the one who brought him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a new continuity so there's a chance they can build up the Earth Lanterns, assuming they don't give John Hal's relationship with Sinestro.
    True. I have no issues with Sinestro appearing as some rival against John Stewart, but the relationship should be different. That's one thing I liked how Scott Snyder handle their relationship in the Justice League.

Since the movie is called Green Lantern: Beware My Power. I wonder whether if it's based off of John's first appearance in this comic:

Which says Beware My Power!

DC has been showing that cover on their website as well for Green Lantern NFT.

Hopefully we get details on GL: BMP soon an not a few months down the line
    Me too. I don't want to wait that long lol

BANNED

I could see it being like WW: Bloodlines, where they put a bunch in to sell the franchise overall. Like they could have flashbacks to the 70s origin, with the main plot being an adaptation of Emerald Twilight or Sinestro Corps War. I imagine Guy Gardner will appear to link this to the HBO show. You can cover a lot in 60-90 minutes.

Whatever it is, I hope John takes center stage and that it's done well. Like others have said, it's long overdue.

Really hope it isn’t throwing everything at the kitchen sink like Bloodlines was. They’re only just getting started in building up the new shared universe, no need to rush things.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Speaking of the 70s origin, John is incredibly discerning in that.

Maybe we should add detective skills to his repertoire-- He's already like the Barbie of superheroes. In the same way there's Lawyer Barbie, Dr. Barbie, etc., there's Marine John, Architect John, Social Activist John-- Collect them all!

Edit-- Found it:https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-anim...-green-lantern
    I hope it's John in the lead role.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but it's never been like the deep and personal enmity. If anything Sinestro respects and likes John compared to the other GL's.

Even the DCAU gave John Hal's thing of being more personable with Sinestro and helping be the one who brought him down.
    John didn't have personal enmity with Sinestro in JLU. He was just *one* of the GL's who got Sinestro ousted from the GLC and Sinestro was trying to kill Kyle Rayner in S:TAS long before John was introduced to the DCAU. In JLU, you never got the sense there was any personal rivalry between John and Sinestro, he was just another GL for Sinestro to body.

BANNED