Page 30 of 177 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Here's the interview:

Thanks for sharing it, Play see another in the heat of the night lol.. I have a feeling John will be in for a long/rough ride but it will be worth it in the end

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Have folks heard about Justice League: Mortal?

It was a Justice League film that was supposed to be directed by George Miller (Mad Max), but it got nixed when Australia didn't issue it a tax credit. It also ran into production issues because a writer's strike was going on while it was being put together. Miller's vision was to have it be an epic on the level of The Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, Columbus Short was offered the role of Green Lantern, but he turned it down, and Common was later cast in the role.

Interesting that Columbus Short would turn it down

They spent a lot of money on Mortal but that Wondy costume was icky. Columbus Short personal drama aside he would have brought a great Everyman vibe. Common makes me happy in general so either would have been a win

Finally got my hands on the Future State: Green Lantern and honestly I loved it. Seeing John take charge and how tactical he was just made me smile. Gotta say I was shocked but in a good way seeing John just fileting the invaders and staying calm and collected. He actually came across even more dangerous than if he had his get out jail free card aka ring. Don't get me wrong I want my John ring slinging but now when the new ongoing launches I'm gonna be looking forward to getting to the point where that's not a option.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Finally got my hands on the Future State: Green Lantern and honestly I loved it. Seeing John take charge and how tactical he was just made me smile. Gotta say I was shocked but in a good way seeing John just fileting the invaders and staying calm and collected. He actually came across even more dangerous than if he had his get out jail free card aka ring. Don't get me wrong I want my John ring slinging but now when the new ongoing launches I'm gonna be looking forward to getting to the point where that's not a option.
    if you liked that, you're going to love #2.

BANNED

My favorite animated DC couple and one of my top five favorite comic book couples no matter if they are technically AU.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yea, it was a good issue. It's nice to see what kind of character John would be without his ring.

BANNED

I'm happy that the artist acknowledged that John Stewart has a tattoo ring. I really hope we'll get to see John having a tattoo ring in Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm happy that the artist acknowledged that John Stewart has a tattoo ring. I really hope we'll get to see John having a tattoo ring in Green Lantern.
    as much as I'm fascinated by and an advocate for the tattoo ring/power ring physiology, I'd be satisfied if they just explain it away and go back to the standard ring at this point. they squandered the potential that concept could've had by making it all the way through Death Metal without ever explaining or fleshing it out. at this point I'd rather they at least stop insulting our intelligence and just actively undo it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    as much as I'm fascinated by and an advocate for the tattoo ring/power ring physiology, I'd be satisfied if they just explain it away and go back to the standard ring at this point. they squandered the potential that concept could've had by making it all the way through Death Metal without ever explaining or fleshing it out. at this point I'd rather they at least stop insulting our intelligence and just actively undo it.
    John Stewart has such a long history of narrative dead-ends, they certainly could drop the tattoo ring and it would certainly be on brand

However, I'd like at least a line of dialogue addressing it at some point.

Todd McFarlane confirmed the leaked John figure in his newest livestream.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-26-2021 at 01:44 PM.

New Multiverse figure revealed.