Page 134 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John will appear in ARE YOU AFRAID OF DARKSEID? next month.
    It's nice to see John being used more. I'm picking this up when it comes out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John will appear in ARE YOU AFRAID OF DARKSEID? next month.
    A GL Halloween story? Neat .

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    as much as I loved John & Shayera and really wanted that re-established in the comics with John & Kendra, after Snyder dropped the ball on that l think John and any Hawkwomen pairing should just be abandon. I don't want him ending up with the Thanagarian Throne's introduced because I'm not interested in seeing a new character ultimately just used so we can have a bootleg approximation of a version of a relationship that was popular elsewhere and coulda been easily established in-canon. I say keep working toward reconciling Yrra Cynril or just give him someone new.
    Yrra has room for a really simple way to make the relationship complicated. Just say that she's no longer the only Xanshian.... and that it's John's fault. That of course doesn't get rid of the love/hate thing.... just deepens it.

Which would also make adding Katma interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Could still date Kendra, she’s not attached to a permanent partner and is already established as liking green men. Big problem with dating cross franchises though is that the character doesn't “belong” to the GLs, they belong to their home franchise. See: Black Panther and Storm, that relationship has really gotten toxic for BP. The DCAU could get away with it because it’s an Elseworld (and because Stewart is a more important character there than Hawkman). Shayera will probably be dating Hawkman in the DCEU so John wouldn’t have gotten to keep her anyway because of the brand synergy.

For that basic relationship, there is the Hawk OC Redjack has created, she would “belong” to John and thus no one would take her away, or Kendra like I said since she isn’t attached to Carter anymore and is a free agent.
    Do John and Kendra have anything or is it just a way to have a version of John Stewart/Hawkgirl around? Because Kendra and Shayera have very different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Do John and Kendra have anything or is it just a way to have a version of John Stewart/Hawkgirl around? Because Kendra and Shayera have very different personalities.
    Dwayne McDuffie's wife wrote a story with them together, I think. And that's about it.

Nothing in the comics, but that’s true for John and Shayera as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They were in the same Scott Snyder comic arc, I think, even if they never actually talked .

Mad God? Guessing that’s different from the Red God of Future State. Hope the “resurrection” means John and the survivors will be getting back to Oa!
    I think that's Mad God 3600, an Alan Moore creation from Tales of Green Lantern Corps and I think Thorne is referencing Green Lantern mosaic where John became a guardian of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They were in the same Scott Snyder comic arc, I think, even if they never actually talked .
    Weird given he cited the show as an influence on his run, but then there were several choices he made that left me puzzled.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Weird given he cited the show as an influence on his run, but then there were several choices he made that left me puzzled.
    You and me both.

Hooking up Hawkgirl with J'Onn. Giving Clark's childhood friendship with Lex to J'Onn. Then killing J'Onn off in the lamest death the character's had (and he's had a lot of lame deaths).

And then claiming that his entire Justice League run was somehow all about Superman.

...puzzling.

I know. But trying to pair him with Kendra just because she's Hawkgirl feels lazy like John needs with *a* Hawkgirl regardless of whether they are compatible or not. At least the 'Hawkgirl' in GL #1 had some similarities with Shayera. Kendra is a whole different person.

I think at some point we should stop caring about what writers say. They are all big fans of every character and love every media with them. I'll believe it when I'll actually see it in on the paper.

He clearly is a fan of the show but that doesn't mean he is going to do exactly what the show did or stick to it's style of writing. He clearly wanted to do his own thing.

I know. But trying to pair him with Kendra just because she's Hawkgirl feels lazy like John needs with *a* Hawkgirl regardless of whether they are compatible or not. At least the 'Hawkgirl' in GL #1 had some similarities with Shayera. Kendra is a whole different person.
    Well John needs a LI who contrasts with him since he’s a pretty stoic guy. He needs someone who is more emotional who can get him to emote. I agree that it can’t “just” be about recreating the DCAU dynamic, but I do actually think John and Kendra could have an interesting relationship. She’s fiery and boisterous and he’s pretty much the opposite lol.

He clearly is a fan of the show but that doesn't mean he is going to do exactly what the show did or stick to it's style of writing. He clearly wanted to do his own thing.
    also he might be mixing it with another inspiration... that can lead to ... strange results.