Page 83 of 177 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2641
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm so excited for this!!! I'm getting this day one!

John looks good there. I care less if he's bald or not lol.

I'm curious whether there's going to be a possibility that John may get back with Shayera in that series.
    I mean maybe eventually, it's a plot point that kinda HAS to be covered since we know Warhawk IS The future because.. Beyond is 100% the canon future in the DCAU, but we don't know the exact time frame for him to be born though the guy looks like he's at least in his 30s IMO.

Hopefully it's done better here than in the Justice League Beyond comics from a while back where they basically Fridged Mari and Carter and had Johns Green Lantern ring taken from him all in service of doing that. There was quite a bit about that run I liked, the Aquagirl origin issue in particular a really really good Origin one shot story but jesus that Warhawk origin issue was a complete mess.

On another note the solicit makes me totally think the first arc is gonna deal with AMAZO finally coming back. Can't think of else that description would be.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-21-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this type of series is long overdue. Talk about capitalizing on synergy, this book should have come out a decade ago.
    There were tie in comics that came out with the show.

Also they followed up with the Batman Beyond continuation comic with the Justice League Beyond and JLB 2.0. I hated how they did Batman Beyond in the comic continuation. JLB 2.0 had some good stuff but I was *not* a fan of how they resolved the Vixen/Shayera/John triangle resulting in War Hawk's birth.

Doesn't it? It certainly does feel good to see John being heavily featured. I feel like a valued customer now. I've been buying TONS of DC omnibuses recently. That's what happens when DC is appeasing to John Stewart fans.

Yea, Snyder putting him on the Justice League was a start. It made a big impact on the character, because Scott Snyder is a high profile writer. I would give credit to Snyder for doing that.

I think John is getting the push is because of new management. Someone in the John thread said years ago, that for there to be some progress with John, those other guys working at DC have to leave. And that's what happened.
    I still feel like he lacks things like supporting cast and villains. But baby steps right?

BANNED

I wonder when JLI will be set since John has his JLU look but Shayera has her JL look. Maybe after JLU she goes back to her original look? I actually prefer her face be exposed, if not like on JLU, then like Ameyra (sp?), who recently showed up in the GL title.

BANNED

For reference:

Hawkgirl is in this issue!!!!!!?

Damn, my heart is beating pretty fast here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this type of series is long overdue. Talk about capitalizing on synergy, this book should have come out a decade ago.
    Agreed. But I’m just happy John is finally getting the love he rightfully deserves in general. All that’s left is for him to finally appear in movie form.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I wonder when JLI will be set since John has his JLU look but Shayera has her JL look. Maybe after JLU she goes back to her original look? I actually prefer her face be exposed, if not like on JLU, then like Ameyra (sp?), who recently showed up in the GL title.
    I'm happy to see her not wearing a tracksuit.

Maybe she could lift one of Kendra's costumes.

Incredible Member

I am enjoying seeing more John, he's getting the shine he deserves. But honestly i think we all agree this is a long time overdue.

BANNED

Just now seeing the parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I mean maybe eventually, it's a plot point that kinda HAS to be covered since we know Warhawk IS The future because.. Beyond is 100% the canon future in the DCAU, but we don't know the exact time frame for him to be born though the guy looks like he's at least in his 30s IMO.

Hopefully it's done better here than in the Justice League Beyond comics from a while back where they basically Fridged Mari and Carter and had Johns Green Lantern ring taken from him all in service of doing that. There was quite a bit about that run I liked, the Aquagirl origin issue in particular a really really good Origin one shot story but jesus that Warhawk origin issue was a complete mess.

On another note the solicit makes me totally think the first arc is gonna deal with AMAZO finally coming back. Can't think of else that description would be.
    Good points. Right, it's definitely the inevitable. No doubt about that.

Interesting. I haven't read the Justice League Beyond comics, but hopefully this new run is better. I'm looking forward to it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy to see her not wearing a tracksuit.

Maybe she could lift one of Kendra's costumes.
    Apparently it's just for the cover (at least for the issues that are fully done), I noted it on a comment on the DC subreddit and the colorist actually chimed in and said that interiorwise he's only colored her so far in the Yellow Tracksuit and in civvies (which we saw in the preview art, with her in the tube top and jeans look from when she first came back) though who knows how many issues are actually colored and he noted he really wants to color her with the helmet and stuff.

I think they just went with the classic costume for the first issue cover for the iconic group shot.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-23-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There were tie in comics that came out with the show.

Also they followed up with the Batman Beyond continuation comic with the Justice League Beyond and JLB 2.0. I hated how they did Batman Beyond in the comic continuation. JLB 2.0 had some good stuff but I was *not* a fan of how they resolved the Vixen/Shayera/John triangle resulting in War Hawk's birth.
    oh yeah, I forgot about that. Those tie-ins killed the Dick-Babs relationship for me. Agreed on how they handled Vixen/John/Shayera

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agreed. But I’m just happy John is finally getting the love he rightfully deserves in general. All that’s left is for him to finally appear in movie form.
    Yes, DC has a big opportunity on their hands. I'm patiently awaiting the live action John Stewart.
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Apparently it's just for the cover (at least for the issues that are fully done), I noted it on a comment on the DC subreddit and the colorist actually chimed in and said that interiorwise he's only colored her so far in the Yellow Tracksuit and in civvies (which we saw in the preview art, with her in the tube top and jeans look from when she first came back) though who knows how many issues are actually colored and he noted he really wants to color her with the helmet and stuff.

I think they just went with the classic costume for the first issue cover for the iconic group shot.
    Makes sense, considering how people in the DCAU feel about the Thanagarian takeover.

BANNED

Speaking of which, since that was a major political development, I'm sure young Terry McGinnis has watched some reenactment of Star-crossed, lol.