Page 149 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2641
    BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    CBR Forums aren't necessarily reflective of all online geek forums. There's a lot less goobers and trolls.

This isn't to say we are without goobers, but we have somewhat less than you'll find on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the rest.
    My original comment didn't want to highlight my own grievances with the run. But personally I still kinda feel that John is still a boring character in redjack's run. I"ll hand it to him... the farraday cage moment was cool. Other than that... John still just seems to me like the no-nonsense leader, sometimes filled with guilt over blowing up a planet, and soon I guess for abandoning the corps.

Like, I think that's what a lot of John fans like. His no-nonsense leader character.

And aside from John, I"ll admit I like the idea of blowing up the central battery, making jess yellow and the space aesthethic

Side note but maybe dc is the one mandating jo's inclusion, but regardless, to me she just feels like a slightly sassier john stewart. In this run.
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 10-24-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Seeing more of John when he’s off the clock would add dimension to his character. One of the reasons I think he should have at least one primarily Earth-based enemy.
    They really should do a little more with the GL's Earth lives in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really should do a little more with the GL's Earth lives in my opinion.
    With John in particular I think it would be more fun to see him interacting with alien cultures “off the clock”. Dude had an alien wife, he should be the guy most comfortable in heading into a bar on some alien world and just talking to people.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John was firmly in the "Black Best Friend" role during Kyle's era, unfortunately. In the comics, John's real time to shine was the 80s and early 90s. Everything after that has been slim pickings from my perspective. If it hadn't been for McDuffie, I don't think John would have stuck around as long as he has. Thankfully, that perfect combination between creator and character paid off and John Stewart is in a much better situation today.
    Yeah, I considered him a black best friend in Judd Winick's run. His origin story was garbage. He was also a black best friend in Green Lantern: Rebirth. I didn't say anything earlier, because I don't want to sound like I was complaining. But everything you said is correct and I agree. If it wasn't for his appearance in the JL/JLU toons, I don't think John would be here today. I'm sure he would've been killed off somewhere. I give major respect to McDuffie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With John in particular I think it would be more fun to see him interacting with alien cultures “off the clock”. Dude had an alien wife, he should be the guy most comfortable in heading into a bar on some alien world and just talking to people.
    Yeah, this should be explored more.

I think one of the running conflicts with the franchise is how relevant Earth is or should be from both a franchise perspective and a character perspective.

And then there's that thing with Yrra....

Definitely has a layer of familiarity to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    My original comment didn't want to highlight my own grievances with the run. But personally I still kinda feel that John is still a boring character in redjack's run. I"ll hand it to him... the farraday cage moment was cool. Other than that... John still just seems to me like the no-nonsense leader, sometimes filled with guilt over blowing up a planet, and soon I guess for abandoning the corps.

Like, I think that's what a lot of John fans like. His no-nonsense leader character.

And aside from John, I"ll admit I like the idea of blowing up the central battery, making jess yellow and the space aesthethic

Side note but maybe dc is the one mandating jo's inclusion, but regardless, to me she just feels like a slightly sassier john stewart. In this run.
    That's the type of character I prefer, because it resembles his no-nonsense leadership from the cartoons. Everyone has their own opinions on this, though.

Also, how many times has Xanshi was brought up on this run? I've only seen it brought up once. It was only mentioned to acknowledge that the planet was considered a Crux world, along with Krypton being destroyed as well. I didn't see anywhere else this was brought up. Also I haven't read anywhere John being filled with guilt over blowing up a planet in a long time. The last time was in Scott Snyder's Justice League run in the first arc from what I remember.

I think central power battery may not even come back and the Green Lanterns may have a different power source this time around. I really feel that, especially from the conversation Sinestro was having with Jo.

Jo's inclusion was mandated, along with the other human GLs who's not named John. The pitch was originally supposed to be a John Stewart solo.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 10-25-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That's the type of character I prefer, because it resembles his no-nonsense leadership from the cartoons. Everyone has their own opinions on this, though.

Also, how many times has Xanshi was brought up on this run? I've only seen it brought up once. It was only mentioned to acknowledge that the planet was considered a Crux world, along with Krypton being destroyed as well. I didn't see anywhere else this was brought up. Also I haven't read anywhere John being filled with guilt over blowing up a planet in a long time. The last time was in Scott Snyder's Justice League run in the first arc from what I remember.

I think central power battery may not even come back and the Green Lanterns may have a different power source this time around. I really feel that, especially from the conversation Sinestro was having with Jo.

Jo's inclusion was mandated, along with the other human GLs who's not named John. The pitch was originally supposed to be a John Stewart solo.
    Honestly, I'd have had John/Yrra story go in the direction of kids. Yrra's personality seems like the sort of person who'd reconsider her life choices if she woke up one day and realized John had gotten her pregnant.

Yeah, that's not the thing that goes well with magic reset button stories though.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Seeing more of John when he’s off the clock would add dimension to his character. One of the reasons I think he should have at least one primarily Earth-based enemy.
    This & him taking to his earth family & about his earth when those type of convos come up between characters.