Page 89 of 177 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2641
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    thank you. i appreciate that.

and don't worry about my feed. the death threats flare up around the date of the issue drop. i'll put it back to normal soon.
    You're welcome! Eagerly waiting for the next issues. Btw, sent you a request on twitter an hour ago or so.

Be well!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Thorne's writing is really good. I'd say He's perfect for a book like this.
    Agreed. The GL mythos has needed recalibrating since the end of Blackest Night. Redjack's understanding of and love for the DC Universe has injected new life into this book.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Agreed. The GL mythos has needed recalibrating since the end of Blackest Night. Redjack's understanding of and love for the DC Universe has injected new life into this book.
    Exactly. And, with only 2 issues, He's already building something that is gonna be as big, or even bigger in scope, as the events we've seen during Johns' run.

Btw, just out of curiosity, for the fans who are more well versed in the GL mythos, including Mr. Redjack of course, how powerful should Green Lanterns, specially the biggest ones like John, Hal, Guy, etc., should be?

Imho, I believe that considering the immense power of the rings and that willpower could be almost unmeasurable, so would be the power of some of the GL corps. I'd like some opinions, if possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Btw, just out of curiosity, for the fans who are more well versed in the GL mythos, including Mr. Redjack of course, how powerful should Green Lanterns, specially the biggest ones like John, Hal, Guy, etc., should be?

Imho, I believe that considering the immense power of the rings and that willpower could be almost unmeasurable, so would be the power of some of the GL corps. I'd like some opinions, if possible.
    Theoretically no GL is "more powerful" than any other. Over the years different writers, I'm guessing, in an effort to make different ones seem "better" or "special," have added or upgraded some individuals in order serve the needs of a given story.

As that's no longer an issue (there's currently only one known ring that still works in the entire universe), it's not something to break your head about.

If you dig into the old stories, depending on who is being featured, you'll see some GLs do stuff that no other GL can do in terms of sheer "power."

That's over.

IMO what it should be is each GL is so unique that they come up with interesting ways to use their rings that another GL would never have thought of.

But, again, as off Issue #2, none of that old ring use matters. Those rings are either dead or destroyed.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-08-2021 at 11:37 AM.

It can be said that the battery blowing up is a familiar trope within the GL mythos. But I don't know, i get the feeling that Thorne will do something different with it. This is great stuff so far so i don't understand the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It can be said that the battery blowing up is a familiar trope within the GL mythos. But I don't know, i get the feeling that Thorne will do something different with it. This is great stuff so far so i don't understand the hate.
    dunno if folks will like it but it's definitely never been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I did like how the Guardians drew a connection between how John and they handled Xanshi and Krypton respectively, curious what made Xanshi a Crux World though. Wonder if that will be explored more.

Also yeah Santucci’s art is fantastic, really hope he sticks around on the book (I know Raney will be doing a few issues).
    Yea, I'm kinda surprised that Xanshi is considered a crux world. DC hardly ever talks about it. The only thing I can remember was that Xanshi did have a powerful nation (don't see how that differs from other worlds), but this only was briefly mentioned. This may be explored at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I thought I was the only one who thought about this. Sometimes I wonder if there's going to be a new/restored Central Power Battery. I'm actually wondering whether rings may tap into a similar but different power source that doesn't need a central power battery. If that's the case, then is it possible that this may have connection to Keli's guantlet? I'm just going off of speculation, so I may be overthinking a little

Theoretically no GL is "more powerful" than any other. Over the years different writers, I'm guessing, in an effort to make different ones seem "better" or "special," have added or upgraded some individuals in order serve the needs of a given story.

As that's no longer an issue (there's currently only one known ring that still works in the entire universe), it's not something to break your head about.

If you dig into the old stories, depending on who is being featured, you'll see some GLs do stuff that no other GL can do in terms of sheer "power."

That's over.

IMO what it should be is each GL is so unique that they come up with interesting ways to use their rings that another GL would never have thought of.

But, again, as off Issue #2, none of that old ring use matters. Those rings are either dead or destroyed.
    Yea, when it came to uniqueness, Kyle's ring was considered the most unique. He made adjustments to it after he gave up ION and only he can use the ring, where no one else can. Also, his ring doesn't need the 24 hour recharge.

With that said, the ring is considered limited by the bearer's imagination. But in terms of sheer power, that's based on how powerful the bearer's willpower is, isn't it?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In Nerd Heaven, Washington co-starred with Dennis Quaid as Hal in a GLCorps movie circa 1987 with Angela Bassett as Katma Tui, Gena Davis as Star Sapphire, and David Bowie as Sinestro
    Why must you deposit ideas in my brain I can never have? Damn you. That would have been tops.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, I'm kinda surprised that Xanshi is considered a crux world. DC hardly ever talks about it. The only thing I can remember was that Xanshi did have a powerful nation (don't see how that differs from other worlds), but this only was briefly mentioned. This may be explored at some point.
    Xanshi was a somewhat major planet that got featured in GL stories with Hal prior to them getting destroyed. The GL from that world had a whole arc that forced Hal to deal with his prejudices against his world of canibals.

Incredible Member

thank you. i appreciate that.

and don't worry about my feed. the death threats flare up around the date of the issue drop. i'll put it back to normal soon.
    You have my support (including the financial type).

Issue #2 has been purchased.
    Don't complain. Create.

That's over.

Thank you! I did like the explanation.

I wonder how John and the corps will get around with the destruction of the Battery and with the loss of their powers. It's a creative challenge, I believe.
    Last edited by Immortal Hulk; 05-09-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    My understanding is that each Crux world does a different thing, Guardians did say that Earth is a home of heroes or something like that. Easy guess would be that Krypton was about scientific progress. Maybe Xanshi had some other role that we didn't see in older stories.